10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Oh here we go...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...tech-jobs.html

The political organization, which routinely makes grand statements about inclusion, recently sent an email to its employees looking to recruit people for eight open spots including IT Systems Administrator, Product Manager and Chief Security Officer.

Though the Oct. 30 email says that the DNC is looking for a “staff of diverse voices and life experiences,” it apparently doesn’t mean white men.

DNC’s Data Service Manager Madeleine Leader purportedly wrote in an email that the desire for diversity excludes “cisgender straight white males.”

Leader adds, “I personally would prefer that you not forward to cisgender straight white males, as they are already in the majority.”
    Random underling says stupid thing in private setting. *yawn*

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Oh here we go...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...tech-jobs.html

The political organization, which routinely makes grand statements about inclusion, recently sent an email to its employees looking to recruit people for eight open spots including IT Systems Administrator, Product Manager and Chief Security Officer.

Though the Oct. 30 email says that the DNC is looking for a “staff of diverse voices and life experiences,” it apparently doesn’t mean white men.

DNC’s Data Service Manager Madeleine Leader purportedly wrote in an email that the desire for diversity excludes “cisgender straight white males.”

Leader adds, “I personally would prefer that you not forward to cisgender straight white males, as they are already in the majority.”
    jpx approved

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Yes there are ridiculous politically correct things out there but the people who gripe about people being offended by everything sure do seem offended by everything.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Random underling says stupid thing in private setting. *yawn*
    Product Manager and Chief Security Officer are not positions that a "random underling" hires for.

Having said that, I wouldn't be okay with discrimination for the janitor position, much less these. I hope you wouldn't be either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Yes there are ridiculous politically correct things out there but the people who gripe about people being offended by everything sure do seem offended by everything.
    This line of defense always makes me laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    What's the old quote? Something like "sunlight is the best disinfectant", right?

You shouldn't be bothered by others pointing these things out, unless you agree with them. I only do it so others know what people like me are talking about when we bemoan the absurd rigors of PCness. It's out of hand.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (11-01-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This line of defense always makes me laugh.
    BNO is a good dude, I think that post was just the product of being sick of people whining. I get that, and it's the primary subject of this thread. Too many people whining about too many things. The DNC article breaks that mold but still fits because its the DNC doing exactly what they blame others for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-too-much.html

Former first lady Michelle Obama explained Wednesday at a summit in Chicago that she believes men are “entitled,” and that women protect them too much.

Speaking at the first Obama Foundation international summit, Obama -- one of the event’s headliners -- said that men are essentially babied and protected by women, while women are raised to be “strong.”

“It’s like the problem in the world today is we love our boys, and we raise our girls,” Obama said. “We raise them to be strong, and sometimes we take care not to hurt men -- and I think we pay for that a little bit.”

“Y’all should get you some friends,” Obama joked. “And talk to each other, because that’s the other thing [women] do -- we straighten each other out on some things, our girlfriends.”

She continued: “It’s powerful to have strong men, but what does that strength mean? You know, does it mean respect? Does it mean responsibility? Does it mean compassion?”

Obama went on to question if women protect men to the point they feel “entitled” and “self-righteous.”

“Are we protecting our men too much so they feel a little entitled and … self-righteous sometimes? But, that’s kind of on us too as women and mothers, as we nurture men and push girls to be perfect," Obama said.

Separate comments made by the former first lady came under fire early last month when she suggested that Republicans are essentially “all men, all white.”

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    I think I was doing a poor job of being ironical or whatever the word is. I do think politically correct is a relative term. For example, a lot of people I've encountered in life who talk about how everybody gets offended at everything get offended at things and boycott stuff over very trivial matters.

I agree with most of what y'all have posted in this particular thread being insane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-too-much.html

Former first lady Michelle Obama explained Wednesday at a summit in Chicago that she believes men are “entitled,” and that women protect them too much.

Speaking at the first Obama Foundation international summit, Obama -- one of the event’s headliners -- said that men are essentially babied and protected by women, while women are raised to be “strong.”

“It’s like the problem in the world today is we love our boys, and we raise our girls,” Obama said. “We raise them to be strong, and sometimes we take care not to hurt men -- and I think we pay for that a little bit.”

“Y’all should get you some friends,” Obama joked. “And talk to each other, because that’s the other thing [women] do -- we straighten each other out on some things, our girlfriends.”

She continued: “It’s powerful to have strong men, but what does that strength mean? You know, does it mean respect? Does it mean responsibility? Does it mean compassion?”

Obama went on to question if women protect men to the point they feel “entitled” and “self-righteous.”

“Are we protecting our men too much so they feel a little entitled and … self-righteous sometimes? But, that’s kind of on us too as women and mothers, as we nurture men and push girls to be perfect," Obama said.

Separate comments made by the former first lady came under fire early last month when she suggested that Republicans are essentially “all men, all white.”
    Lol yes women are so great at being straight shooters to each other...

Women seem to want things both ways on nearly every issue. They should probably plan another march

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Are you really shocked about Michelle Obama pushing that ideology? The Obamas mastered the art of division.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Product Manager and Chief Security Officer are not positions that a "random underling" hires for.

Having said that, I wouldn't be okay with discrimination for the janitor position, much less these. I hope you wouldn't be either.
    I doubt they're hired by someone that'll be making policy decisions, either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I doubt they're hired by someone that'll be making policy decisions, either.
    Does that make it ok?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The Obamas mastered the art of division.
    You're a joke.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (11-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    You're a joke.
    Says the man who doesn't think white males should be treated equally.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Says the man who doesn't think white males should be treated equally.
    lol.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    lol.
    The real 'lol' worthy part is that you can't even deny the claim. Enjoy the high horse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://whdh.com/news/racist-fliers-f...ollege-campus/

CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. (WHDH) — Racist fliers were found posted on Boston College’s campus Friday, the same day as a previously planned rally against hate.

The fliers feature a picture of Uncle Sam and the words, “Don’t apologize for being white.” They were found on a kiosk near the rally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Not sure that qualifies as racism... but i guess anything white dudes do is racist these days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Not sure that qualifies as racism... but i guess anything white dudes do is racist these days
    If white was substituted with black nobody would ever consider it racist.