Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Correctness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    A second chance at what? Keeping his hate to himself? No one becomes less racist because they get in trouble, they just learn to hide it better.

Tell you what, if he wants a second chance how about he start naming all the people who were okay with him saying this stuff. Anyone who thinks he is the lone racist is naive.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I would have saved my kitty over a million white people I didn't know. I know it's not the same thing but cats/dogs > people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    A second chance at what? Keeping his hate to himself? No one becomes less racist because they get in trouble, they just learn to hide it better.

Tell you what, if he wants a second chance how about he start naming all the people who were okay with him saying this stuff. Anyone who thinks he is the lone racist is naive.
    I believe everyone deserves forgiveness and a second chance.

You do realize I said he should be fired right?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    So where do we stand on something like this:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7954176.html

The wife's response

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bath-spa-university-bars-research-into-transgender-surgery-regrets-ddxxlbfzh
    An academic has said he was prevented from researching people who decided to reverse their gender assignment surgery because a university said it was “politically incorrect”.

James Caspian, a psychotherapist who works with transgender and transsexual people, wanted to conduct the research for a master’s degree in counselling and psychotherapy at Bath Spa University.

His research proposal was rejected because, he said, the university found it best “not to offend people”.

He added: “I was astonished at that decision. I think a university exists to encourage discussion, research, dissent even, challenging ideas that are out of date or not particularly useful.”

The university reportedly told Mr Caspian that “engaging in a potentially politically incorrect piece of research carries a risk to the university”.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Maybe I am getting old but genital mutilation is where I draw the line. All the **** the gubment does for "safety" and to "protect" people and they just let people carve up their genitals. That's just weird. I don't care if it hurts their feelings. What's next, artificial wombs? You know what, don't answer that.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Maybe I am getting old but genital mutilation is where I draw the line. All the **** the gubment does for "safety" and to "protect" people and they just let people carve up their genitals. That's just weird. I don't care if it hurts their feelings. What's next, artificial wombs? You know what, don't answer that.
    It's mindnumbingly foolish. We are addressing psychological problems with surgery. Males no sense.
    Natural Immunity Croc

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-26-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    When a university is already stifling research on people who switch back, how well do you think they would receive a request to study whether transgenderism should be classified as a mental disorder?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    When a university is already stifling research on people who switch back, how well do you think they would receive a request to study whether transgenderism should be classified as a mental disorder?
    It already is I thought?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...on-campus.html

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Tuesday that his Justice Department will enter the legal fight over free speech on college campuses, as he delivered a blistering speech at Georgetown University Law Center declaring freedom of thought and speech is “under attack.”

“Starting today, the Department of Justice will do its part in this struggle. We will enforce federal law, defend free speech, and protect students’ free expression from whatever end of the political spectrum it may come,” Sessions told an audience of Georgetown students.

“The American university was once the center of academic freedom—a place of robust debate, a forum for the competition of ideas,” Sessions said. “But it is transforming into an echo chamber of political correctness and homogenous thought, a shelter for fragile egos.”

Sessions cited a 2017 survey conducted by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, which measured 450 colleges and universities across the country, finding that 40 percent maintained speech codes that “substantially infringe on constitutionally protected speech.”

He also mentioned the violence surrounding the recent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va. The Trump administration has faced criticism for its response to those clashes.

“Let me be clear that protecting free speech does not mean condoning violence like we saw recently in Charlottesville,” Sessions said. “Indeed, I call upon universities to stand up against those who would silence free expression by violence or other means on their campuses.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    It already is I thought?
    http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx

Is being transgender a mental disorder?
    A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder. For these individuals, the significant problem is finding affordable resources, such as counseling, hormone therapy, medical procedures and the social support necessary to freely express their gender identity and minimize discrimination. Many other obstacles may lead to distress, including a lack of acceptance within society, direct or indirect experiences with discrimination, or assault. These experiences may lead many transgender people to suffer with anxiety, depression or related disorders at higher rates than nontransgender persons.
    According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), people who experience intense, persistent gender incongruence can be given the diagnosis of "gender dysphoria." Some contend that the diagnosis inappropriately pathologizes gender noncongruence and should be eliminated. Others argue that it is essential to retain the diagnosis to ensure access to care. The International Classification of Diseases (ICD) is under revision and there may be changes to its current classification of intense persistent gender incongruence as "gender identity disorder."

What a wild world we live in.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    It's mindnumbingly foolish. We are addressing psychological problems with surgery. Males no sense.
    Indeed: males no sense.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...on-campus.html

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Tuesday that his Justice Department will enter the legal fight over free speech on college campuses, as he delivered a blistering speech at Georgetown University Law Center declaring freedom of thought and speech is “under attack.”

“Starting today, the Department of Justice will do its part in this struggle. We will enforce federal law, defend free speech, and protect students’ free expression from whatever end of the political spectrum it may come,” Sessions told an audience of Georgetown students.

“The American university was once the center of academic freedom—a place of robust debate, a forum for the competition of ideas,” Sessions said. “But it is transforming into an echo chamber of political correctness and homogenous thought, a shelter for fragile egos.”

Sessions cited a 2017 survey conducted by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, which measured 450 colleges and universities across the country, finding that 40 percent maintained speech codes that “substantially infringe on constitutionally protected speech.”

He also mentioned the violence surrounding the recent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va. The Trump administration has faced criticism for its response to those clashes.

“Let me be clear that protecting free speech does not mean condoning violence like we saw recently in Charlottesville,” Sessions said. “Indeed, I call upon universities to stand up against those who would silence free expression by violence or other means on their campuses.”
    On principle, I agree with Sessions in this single instance—though I'll withhold judgment until I can observe the enforcement. I just hope he equally protects, say, the pro-Palestinian activists and BSD advocates under attack on University campuses, and not just his ideological pet arenas. (Given Sessions' career heretofore, I'm not holding out much hope.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Indeed: males no sense.
    Auto-correct issue aside do you agree with this approach?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Auto-correct issue aside do you agree with this approach?
    I support the desires and rights of trans-identifying folks to pursue the steps they feel necessary to live themselves. When it comes to surgical steps, a lot of pre-op counseling and consultation occurs—these are not lightly-considered body-modification events, unlike those taken much more lightly, such as breasts implants or tummy-tucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/2...melania-trump/

The librarian at the Cambridgeport Elementary School is saying no thanks to a shipment of books from First Lady Melania Trump.

One school from each state was chosen by the White House to receive ten Dr. Seuss books as part of National Read a Book Day.

The school’s librarian, Liz Phipps Soeiro, wrote a lengthy editorial for the Horn Book’s Family Reading blog explaining why her school does not need the books.

“My students have access to a school library with over nine thousand volumes and a librarian with a graduate degree in library science. Multiple studies show that schools with professionally staffed libraries improve student performance,” wrote Phipps Soeiro.

The librarian’s editorial also criticizes the First Lady’s book selections, which include The Cat in the Hat; One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish; The Foot Book; Green Eggs and Ham; and Oh, the Places You’ll Go!

“You may not be aware of this, but Dr. Seuss is a bit of a cliché, a tired and worn ambassador for children’s literature. As First Lady of the United States, you have an incredible platform with world-class resources at your fingertips."

"Another fact that many people are unaware of is that Dr. Seuss’s illustrations are steeped in racist propaganda, caricatures, and harmful stereotypes. Open one of his books (If I Ran a Zoo or And to Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, for example), and you’ll see the racist mockery in his art. Grace Hwang Lynch’s School Library Journal article, “Is the Cat in the Hat Racist? Read Across America Shifts Away from Dr. Seuss and Toward Diverse Books,” reports on Katie Ishizuka’s work analyzing the minstrel characteristics and trope nature of Seuss’s characters. Scholar Philip Nel’s new book, Was the Cat in the Hat Black? The Hidden Racism of Children’s Literature, and the Need for Diverse Books, further explores and shines a spotlight on the systemic racism and oppression in education and literature.”

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/2...melania-trump/

The librarian at the Cambridgeport Elementary School is saying no thanks to a shipment of books from First Lady Melania Trump.

One school from each state was chosen by the White House to receive ten Dr. Seuss books as part of National Read a Book Day.

The school’s librarian, Liz Phipps Soeiro, wrote a lengthy editorial for the Horn Book’s Family Reading blog explaining why her school does not need the books.

“My students have access to a school library with over nine thousand volumes and a librarian with a graduate degree in library science. Multiple studies show that schools with professionally staffed libraries improve student performance,” wrote Phipps Soeiro.

The librarian’s editorial also criticizes the First Lady’s book selections, which include The Cat in the Hat; One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish; The Foot Book; Green Eggs and Ham; and Oh, the Places You’ll Go!

“You may not be aware of this, but Dr. Seuss is a bit of a cliché, a tired and worn ambassador for children’s literature. As First Lady of the United States, you have an incredible platform with world-class resources at your fingertips."

"Another fact that many people are unaware of is that Dr. Seuss’s illustrations are steeped in racist propaganda, caricatures, and harmful stereotypes. Open one of his books (If I Ran a Zoo or And to Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, for example), and you’ll see the racist mockery in his art. Grace Hwang Lynch’s School Library Journal article, “Is the Cat in the Hat Racist? Read Across America Shifts Away from Dr. Seuss and Toward Diverse Books,” reports on Katie Ishizuka’s work analyzing the minstrel characteristics and trope nature of Seuss’s characters. Scholar Philip Nel’s new book, Was the Cat in the Hat Black? The Hidden Racism of Children’s Literature, and the Need for Diverse Books, further explores and shines a spotlight on the systemic racism and oppression in education and literature.”
    I wonder if she got her degree from a Crackerjack box or Trump's university because it didn't teach her ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    The left has gone completely off the deep end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...C-lessons.html

Schools across the country have stopped using the terms BC and AD in religious education lessons for fear of offending non-Christians.

The traditional terms BC, Before Christ, and AD, Anno Domini, are being ditched for BCE – Before Common Era, and CE – Common Era.

The new terms still denote the periods before and after the birth of Christ.

Local authority committees drawing up religious education syllabuses say the old terms may upset minorities or non-believers. But critics blasted the move as a ‘capitulation to political correctness’.

Former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Carey said the rulings by the religious education committees were a ‘great shame’.

Muslim and Jewish leaders were also mystified, saying they were not offended by the familiar terms.

Local authority committees – known as Standing Advisory Councils for Religious Education (SACREs) – from Brighton and Essex are among a growing number urging heads to ditch BC and AD.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Lol why would anyone get upset. I can't fathom being so sensitive about everything