2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

Jaw (10-09-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    I miss John Stewart. It's not that Oliver and Noah aren't good, it's just that they aren't Stewart.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I like Oliver. He is the only one of the current group of left wing propaganda comedians who both entertains me and makes me think. He always has a moment or two where he misses the mark, like with the redneck's poor farming ancestors here, but he is on target most of the time. I wish there were more like him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I miss John Stewart. It's not that Oliver and Noah aren't good, it's just that they aren't Stewart.
    I don't really care for Noah's delivery.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I like Oliver. He is the only one of the current group of left wing propaganda comedians who both entertains me and makes me think. He always has a moment or two where he misses the mark, like with the redneck's poor farming ancestors here, but he is on target most of the time. I wish there were more like him.
    "propaganda comedian "

Do you live inder a rock or is that some new clever term, like "fake news"

Lenny Bruce , Mort Sahl and George Carlin are mocking you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I wouldn't call it a "new clever term", it is the result of me using the English language to accurately describe the majority of currently well known television comedians. Colbert, Kimmel, Fallon, Noah, Oliver, etc. There isn't much diversity there, they all have a very left of center view of the world and focus their efforts on furthering that view while often ignoring that which would be damaging to it. As I said, the term is accurate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Wonder why that is ?

Imtrospection isn'you long suit, is it ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Kinda like climate science, why do 90%+ say one thing and.... well, you know.
    Or do you ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Wonder why that is ?

Imtrospection isn'you long suit, is it ?
    Let's ask any one of the actors who has made their conservative views public and then lost their careers that question.

You ask me about introspection when you literally don't even know how to spell it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Perhaps they aren''t funny ?

Introspection . I work with my hands and often m's and n's get mixed up. As do any 2 letters adjacent on a phone.

My point stands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Gary Bussey -- Scott Baio.
    Dennis Miller , Chuck Norris.
    I really cant think of any others.

Bo Derek , Kid Rock, Bosephues, James Woods.

I dont think politics derailed any of those careers.

Bill O'Reilly, Megyn Kelly ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Charlton Heston, Ever heard stories surrounding the making of Ben Hur ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Anyway...

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/s...46b054836.html

The test, McCollum said, was on George Orwell's novel “Animal Farm.” The full question was, "Napoleon has the gun fired for a new occasion. What is the new occasion?"

Possible answers were, "He was shooting at Trump," "his birthday," "for completion of the windmill" and "to scare off the attackers of Animal Farm."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...lon-to-station

Earlier this month, 41-year-old Robert Pattison went to introduce himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at Joy and Southfield in Detroit. Second Battallion Chief Shawn McCarty calls it a tradition for firefighters.

"It's not mandatory, it's voluntary," he says. "You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts, but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in."

And Pattison, a probationary firefighter, decided to bring a watermelon wrapped in a pink ribbon. We're told some African-American firefighters were instantly offended, since 90 percent of the people who work at Engine 55 are black.
    FOX 2 spoke to Pattison by phone, who claims it was not a joke - and he did not mean to offend his fellow firefighters. But he clearly did. Fire Commissioner Eric Jones says the Fenton native was officially discharged.

In a statement Jones says: "There is zero tolerance for discriminatory behavior inside the Detroit Fire Department. On Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017, at Engine 55, a trial firefighter (probationary employee) engaged in unsatisfactory work behavior which was deemed offensive and racially insensitive to members of the Detroit Fire Department.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...s-peoples-day/

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — A statue of Christopher Columbus was covered up Monday just as the first Indigenous Peoples Day in Los Angeles got underway.

That statue is located in downtown Los Angeles’ Grand Park, in front of an entrance to the Stanley Mosk Courthouse off Hill Street. A white paper cover now covers the sculpture of Christopher Columbus and the block it stands on, and the entire display is now surrounded by a chain-link fence.

City officials did not say they were going to cover up the statue, but Christopher Columbus monuments in other cities like New York have been defaced.

The Los Angeles City Council voted in August to rename Columbus Day – a federal holiday for more than 80 years – to Indigenous Peoples Day, but it has until 2019 to officially create the new holiday while it drafts and creates a new ordinance.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted this week to eliminate all references to Columbus Day as a county holiday, designating Oct. 12 as Italian American Heritage Day and creating a new Indigenous Peoples Day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...depiction.html

A Massachusetts museum dedicated to Dr. Seuss says it will replace a mural featuring a Chinese character from one of his books after three authors said they would boycott an event due to the "jarring racial stereotype."

The mural, located in the author’s hometown of Springfield, features illustrations from the author's first children's book, "And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street."

Three children's authors declined an invitation to the museum's inaugural Children's Literature Festival, which was set for Oct. 14 before being canceled. After the museum offered to take down the mural, the authors said they would attend, but the museum has not said if the festival is back on.
    "We recently learned that a key component of this institution honoring Dr. Seuss features a mural depicting a scene from his first book, 'And to Think That I Saw It on Mullberry Street,' and within the selected art is a jarring racial stereotype of a Chinese man, who is depicted with chopsticks, a pointed hat and slanted slit eyes," the complaint reads. "We find this caricature of 'the Chinaman' deeply hurtful, and we have concerns about children's exposure to it."

The Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno slammed the authors’ criticism and museum’s decision to remove the mural, asking “where do we draw the line?”

“This is political correctness at its worst, and this is what is wrong with our country,” he said in a statement, according to WWLP. “We have extreme fringe groups on both the right and the left dictating an agenda to divide instead of working together towards the betterment of our country.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/dove-sorr...080841677.html

London (AFP) - Personal care brand Dove has apologised for a body wash advert that showed a black woman removing a top to reveal a white woman underneath, following accusations of racism.

The three-second video clip appeared in the United States on the social networking site Facebook.

Dove said on Twitter that it had "missed the mark in representing women of colour thoughtfully" and deeply regretted any offence caused.

The ad showed a black woman removing her top, revealing a white woman underneath. She then took off her t-shirt, showing a third woman with a darker skin tone underneath.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ld-happen.html

New California law allows jail time for using wrong gender pronoun, sponsor denies that would happen

California health care workers who “willfully and repeatedly” decline to use a senior transgender patient's “preferred name or pronouns” could face punishments ranging from a fine to jail time under a newly signed law.

"It shall be unlawful for a long-term care facility or facility staff to take any of the following actions wholly or partially on the basis of a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) status," the bill reads.

Among the unlawful actions are “willfully and repeatedly” failing to use a transgender person’s “preferred name or pronouns” after he or she is “clearly informed of the preferred name or pronouns.”

The law states that if provisions are violated, the violator could be punished by a fine “not to exceed one thousand dollars” or “by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed one year,” or both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Should native Americans be celebrated? They were slave owners...