Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I am a daily listener to the Tony Kornheiser podcast... Everyone on there is extremely liberal (but pretty reasonable)...

Yesterday, they had Republican senator Tom Cotton on the show. They spoke very little about politics, but more about Cotton's life in the military and how he got into service.

Before the podcast was released, they tweeted that Cotton would be a guest on the show.

On today's show, they discussed how there was UPROAR before the show was even dropped - with tons of people emailing and tweeting saying they will absolutely not listen to the show, etc.

Tony - who is a huge Obama supporter - is baffled on today's show that people behave like that. Making up their minds without even listening. And essentially saying both sides are basically echo chambers.

It's truly sad how polarized people are... but to not listen to a show you love because of a guest that is a republican? Seriously?

Now - they have no reason to ever bring back anyone from the right
    I agree with you. I detest Tom Cotton, I think he's a gigantic pile of you know what, but I'd never not listen to (or watch) a show he was on. That is how extremists (be they left or right) think. The far left can be that way on many things such as abortion and the right can be that way too. The Bill Maher "New Rules" episode you posted the other day was fantastic, but I wonder how many on the far right simply won't listen to/watch it because of their feelings about Maher? Same thing with Jon Stewart back when he did his show. I guess "Partisans gonna Partisan".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (01-31-2017)