Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Since They're Talking About Him

And it's been such a slow week...

Assuming Arizona would eat ALL of the deferred money ($52.5 million) and the assignment bonus he's due if he's traded ($2 million), would you trade Garcia (Jaime) and ship Touki back to the desert for Greinke?

That gives you Zack and Julio at the top through 2020. If you did so, tacking on two more years to the end of Teheran's deal would then seem to be a no-brainer so you'd control them both through 2022, presumably making some of the other arms expendable - in the right deals, of course.
    Last edited by clvclv; 02-03-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

Assuming Arizona would eat ALL of the deferred money ($52.5 million) and the assignment bonus he's due if he's traded ($2 million), would you trade Garcia and ship Touki back to the desert?

That gives you Zack and Julio at the top through 2020. If you did so, tacking on two more years to the end of Teheran's deal would then seem to be a no-brainer so you'd control them both through 2022, presumably making some of the other arms expendable - in the right deals, of course.
    If you can get them to eat all the deferred money and the trade bonus, then yes for Garcia (the 3B?, no idea why they would want him) and Touki. No brainer. You essentially get Greinke for $21M per year for Touki.

Even if the Braves didn't want to keep him, they could likely get a huge haul at the deadline from a contending team that would far outweigh just Touki.

Stranger things have happened, I guess.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    They would never consider that, but yeah, of course.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Your first sentence is missing the name Greinke and it confused the **** out of me at first. But yes, I'd make that deal.

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    If you can get them to eat all the deferred money and the trade bonus, then yes for Garcia (the 3B?, no idea why they would want him) and Touki. No brainer. You essentially get Greinke for $21M per year for Touki.

Even if the Braves didn't want to keep him, they could likely get a huge haul at the deadline from a contending team that would far outweigh just Touki.

Stranger things have happened, I guess.
    I think it's Jaime. But yeah, would definitely do that deal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Managuarantano's Volunteers For This Useful Post:

clvclv (02-03-2017)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura's Stolen Bases View Post
    I think it's Jaime. But yeah, would definitely do that deal.
    Ahh..

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Would anyone here do it if Arizona only ate $25MM of that deferred money?

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Would anyone here do it if Arizona only ate $25MM of that deferred money?
    Not me. He's 33. Too much risk. I might take him as a straight salary dump for that. Greinke and $25M for one season ticket to Braves home games located behind the RF support post.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Cleaned up.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

Assuming Arizona would eat ALL of the deferred money ($52.5 million) and the assignment bonus he's due if he's traded ($2 million), would you trade Garcia (Jaime) and ship Touki back to the desert for Greinke?

I think you are on the right track in terms of the Braves making this type of trade for a high quality starter sometime over the next year. But I would prefer they look for a deal on someone with 3 years or less remaining on their contract than the 5 years Greinke has remaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I would love to be a fly on the wall if we offered to give back the prospect we bought for 14 million if the DBacks give us Greinke and eat 54.5 million in salary.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (02-04-2017)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I would love to be a fly on the wall if we offered to give back the prospect we bought for 14 million if the DBacks give us Greinke and eat 54.5 million in salary.
    Would be worth it just to hear what they call LaRussa and Stewart

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Internal valuations by the Cubs indicated the acquisition of Chapman would increase their odds of winning the WS by 5%. I have no idea how they arrived at that figure, but it probably hinged on the assumption Chapman, and all elite relievers, are able to pitch a larger portion of the innings during the postseason and have a much larger impact than they do during the regular season.

That is the justification of trading for Chapman. Stupidly saying "they won a championship so it was worth it" is not. By that logic any move the Cubs, or any WS team, made that year is justified no matter how bad it was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    If any team can be excused for making that kind of trade it was the cubs. And that number was pulled out of their ass.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    If any team can be excused for making that kind of trade it was the cubs. And that number was pulled out of their ass.
    Just because you don't understand how a number was calculated does not mean it was pulled from an ass. I'm sure your minimal intellect means you don't know how the vast majority of numbers in the world are calculated...but they are all still valid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I acknowledge I cant compete with a genius of your level but their number is the same I would come up with by pulling it out of my ass. If your going to do the math I guarantee you its not coming out to a nice round number like 5%. It would be more like 4.71% or 5.21%, but what do I know.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    I acknowledge I cant compete with a genius of your level but their number is the same I would come up with by pulling it out of my ass. If your going to do the math I guarantee you its not coming out to a nice round number like 5%. It would be more like 4.71% or 5.21%, but what do I know.
    True, but maybe, just maybe, since they were giving an interview they said "about 5%"? Maybe?

Is logic really that hard for you to process? How do you do things like grocery shop and laundry? My word, how do you manage to file your taxes or operate a microwave? Do you hurt yourself while opening the can of beef stew you eat for dinner?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I voted for you for best poster so no, logic fails me.

It’s over."

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    I voted for you for best poster so no, logic fails me.
    You are dead to me.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    True, but maybe, just maybe, since they were giving an interview they said "about 5%"? Maybe?

Is logic really that hard for you to process? How do you do things like grocery shop and laundry? My word, how do you manage to file your taxes or operate a microwave? Do you hurt yourself while opening the can of beef stew you eat for dinner?

I actually agree with that...it was a rounded number. It is a number greatly depending on opinions. It turns out a good trade because they won the WS. This was such a close one...even 1% of an increased chance, could maybe be the difference. Whatever the percentage...it definitely paid off and when it's been as long as it was for the Cubs...you have to go all in when the chance is there. I would consider this a bad trade for most teams as to what was given up. The Yankees also came out smelling like roses, so it was a win for both teams.

Enscheff: You have mentioned because of the different dead time with your job, it provides you extra time to crunch stats. You have probably more knowledge than anyone on here, because you have the time to put in. The fact that everyone posting on here doesn't have time, does not mean they have low IQ's....it just means....they don't have time to crunch stats, because they...well...don't have the extra time to crunch stats.

My point?

Are we not all on the same team? I get it...you get bored and you have fun stirring the pot. It frustrates you that everyone hasn't put the same time in as you have. Most people just can't. How about being nice to the people that are on your team and "if" you just need the rub of a good argument....sign up on a Mets or Phillies board and give them HELL.