Thread: BP's 2017 PECOTA projections

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    My bad, you said "eight year extension."
    If you were capable of understanding the nuance of the discussion, you would understand I was talking about such an extension after he completed a full year of service time. That would happen after the 2017 or 2018 season, depending on when he was called up. Furthermore, I figured it was obvious he would have to perform at a level that justified an extension.

But by all means, keep derping along.

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Back to the team win projections. I see 76ish as a pretty darn good mid point. I could see them winning 70 and I could see em winning 81-82 it all depends on how they do early. If they are under .500 in July, we will see them trade off as many veterans as they can and the record will move closer to last year. If they are close to .500, they might stand pat and end up around .500 for the year. Too many wins to make up tho to transform from a 69 win team to a WC team. 15-16 wins is a ton to gain in one year.

The 2015 Twins exist tho, so anything can happen.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"- Tom Waits

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    We're gonna win 85 games minimum.
    Forever Fredi

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    We're gonna win 85 games minimum.
    I would put the odds of this happening at under 5%. Our rotation is avg, our lineup below avg, defense below avg and base running avg at best. we are lacking in power, OBP heck looking at our lineup only Kemp,Freeman and Swanson project to exceed a 100 wRC+. not to mention the bench is awful. bullpen should be decent tho.....

If our rotation starts to show it's age we could be staring a repeat of 2016 in the face.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"- Tom Waits

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
    I would put the odds of this happening at under 5%. Our rotation is avg, our lineup below avg, defense below avg and base running avg at best. we are lacking in power, OBP heck looking at our lineup only Kemp,Freeman and Swanson project to exceed a 100 wRC+. not to mention the bench is awful. bullpen should be decent tho.....

If our rotation starts to show it's age we could be staring a repeat of 2016 in the face.
    Right now 2018 draft has two studs at the top. If we start stinking we need to go full tank mode.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    If you were capable of understanding the nuance of the discussion, you would understand I was talking about such an extension after he completed a full year of service time. That would happen after the 2017 or 2018 season, depending on when he was called up. Furthermore, I figured it was obvious he would have to perform at a level that justified an extension.

But by all means, keep derping along.
    Yeah sure, if he came up and was really good and the braves signed him to an eight year extension at a good price that would be awesome.

Some cutting edge insight there.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Yeah sure, if he came up and was really good and the braves signed him to an eight year extension at a good price that would be awesome.

Some cutting edge insight there.
    The point of that post was to begin speculating on terms of an extension. Pointing out it could be for 8 years and still allow him to hit the FA market served as a means to frame in the parameters of the hypothetical deal. Comparing him to Altuve's deal further paramaterized it.

No surprise you have nothing of substance to contribute to such a discussion though. Derping along is the extent of your contributions. Very valuable, thank you.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    The point of that post was to begin speculating on terms of an extension. Pointing out it could be for 8 years and still allow him to hit the FA market served as a means to frame in the parameters of the hypothetical deal. Comparing him to Altuve's deal further paramaterized it.

No surprise you have nothing of substance to contribute to such a discussion though. Derping along is the extent of your contributions. Very valuable, thank you.

Oh you thought I was being sarcastic.