Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blacks - A forgotten segment from Presidents

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Well I disagree and I really really want us to have a civil war. Democrats will win the Presidency sometime in the next 8 years. Either Trump will lose reelection or the democrats will win the election after that.

If there was ever a strong violent resistance they would be labeled terrorists and criminals. The police are well trained and well equipped to handle kind of situation. There is already a strong us vs them mentality within police departments. If need be the military wouls be brought in. Tyranny is already here and its been here for a long time. We have accepted it.
    It doesn't really sound like you're disagreeing with me all that much. I think the Repubs will use Trump to get their hard line stances and policies through, spending cut to the bone, except on what they want to spend on like the military and corporate welfare and they'll blame it all on the president, then when they get everything just like they want it they'll agree with the Dems to impeach him and Pence will step in and we'll have the Puritan controlled Mass. Bay Colony all over again under "President" John Winthrop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    I dont think Republicans control Trump as much as you think. He is a loose cannon. A Maverick... if you will.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I dont think Republicans control Trump as much as you think. He is a loose cannon. A Maverick... if you will.
    oh, they've made an "unholy alliance" for now at least. Don't underestimate how devious these SOBs in Congress are though, once he's served his purpose...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    I know one thing, when Trump falls from grace it is going to be hella fun to watch. Really looking forward to watching that train wreck.

It’s over."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I know one thing, when Trump falls from grace it is going to be hella fun to watch. Really looking forward to watching that train wreck.
    If the economy stays robust and he avoids a major FP disaster, that fall may never come, or not for years, anyway. I've been consistently surprised by his sustained appeal, so while I think it's virtually impossible that his crew avoids some kind of catastrophic ethical ****up, I also don't take for granted that the populace and the body politic will care enough to do the right thing . . . unless their bottom lines are affected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    I predicted that the economy would boom in the next few years and that Trump will get the credit whether he deserves it or not, but 8 years is a long time. Just about every president is considered so toxic that people in their party dont even want them campaigning for them by the end of 8 years. Something will come up we dont expect. I am curious what would happen if we had a serious terrorist attack. Normally we unite in those situations but I think it will only deepen the divide between democrats and republicans this time. Democrats will blame Trump for not being prepared to protect the country and the right will call any dissent in a time of crisis treason. I just cant see the left uniting behind Trump like they did Bush.

It’s over."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I predicted that the economy would boom in the next few years and that Trump will get the credit whether he deserves it or not, but 8 years is a long time. Just about every president is considered so toxic that people in their party dont even want them campaigning for them by the end of 8 years. Something will come up we dont expect. I am curious what would happen if we had a serious terrorist attack. Normally we unite in those situations but I think it will only deepen the divide between democrats and republicans this time. Democrats will blame Trump for not being prepared to protect the country and the right will call any dissent in a time of crisis treason. I just cant see the left uniting behind Trump like they did Bush.
    I don't disagree, I just think that a lot of people assuming it's going to be sooner rather than later are likely to be disappointed.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I'm afraid the train wreck that takes place when he falls is gonna NOT be very fun to watch for anyone who's actually paying attention to the Geppettos behind the scenes.