Page 108 of 153 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3056

Thread: Neverending **** the Police thread.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    waiting to hear how @thethe defends Trump for pushing the conspiracy theory the 75 year old man pushed to the ground was faking it.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    waiting to hear how @thethe defends Trump for pushing the conspiracy theory the 75 year old man pushed to the ground was faking it.
    Why would I defend everything trump says?

I still believe the cop was in the right though.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    BLM booed mayor Frey out of protest for not vowing to disband the Minneapolis PD
    My limited creativity can't even comprehend an alternative to a standing professional police force. This seems like a terrible idea that was concocted with almost zero thought put into the practicalities of replacing the disbanded police force. At some point bad guys need to be handled, not talked to and asked to leave.

I will throw out a few facts though...

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, almost all police initiated contact with civilians is traffic stops. Very little could be considered cops actually stopping crime in progress. So...what are cops doing? Mostly writing traffic tickets, taking reports of crimes that already happened and will never be solved, and a lot of sitting around doing nothing.

Qualified Immunity allows cops to pretty much get away with any action that doesn't expressly violate the law. This concept effectively shields cops from any wrongdoing.

Chauvin had several incidents on his record of police abuse of power. He should not have been wearing a badge the day Floyd died. Folks talk about "bad apples" as if the system isn't responsible for keeping them around.

It seems to me simply...

1. offloading non-criminal work from police
    2. holding them to the same standards for violence that are applied to civilians
    3. zero tolerance criminal punishment for abusing police authority
    4. and mandating cameras must be operational at all times or the cop cannot be on duty

are common sense reforms that could make a big difference without disbanding police altogether.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Isn't it great the progress we are making?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    For those who dont click... the title of the article is "yes, all white people are racists"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Seattle gonna defund? Will mayor bow?

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    For those who dont click... the title of the article is "yes, all white people are racists"
    I searched and read that poor excuse of an article...so nonsensical that it left me wondering if the author is actually a while supremacist masquerading as a black woman in an epic troll job, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    They are creating racists. But this is what the left has wanted for a while. Escalation of a civil war and we are headed their even faster than I thought.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Everyone but a small child is "racist", it's just a matter of where they fall on the spectrum, and what portion of that spectrum one considers evil.

Folks should probably prepare themselves for the pendulum to over correct in the non-Trumpkin direction for a while, in exactly the same way it swung in the opposite direction from "go into any bathroom you want" to get him elected. We can't seem to find a reasonable middle ground, only wildly swing back and forth from extreme to extreme...much like an addict.

Stopping police brutality and systemic racism means completely eliminating all police, rather than doing logical reforms to drastically reduce it. Same thing when an addict hits rock bottom and swears off everything forever and becomes religious. One extreme or the other.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Isn't it great the progress we are making?

For every one of your "racism isn't really a problem" posts I can find one of these:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wh...sSz?li=BBnb7Kz

Just stop. We all know what's going on, and that folks are going to be ****ty from every angle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    For every one of your "racism isn't really a problem" posts I can find one of these:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wh...sSz?li=BBnb7Kz

Just stop. We all know what's going on, and that folks are going to be ****ty from every angle.
    I think that is shameful and believe there are many racists among us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    My limited creativity can't even comprehend an alternative to a standing professional police force. This seems like a terrible idea that was concocted with almost zero thought put into the practicalities of replacing the disbanded police force. At some point bad guys need to be handled, not talked to and asked to leave.

I will throw out a few facts though...

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, almost all police initiated contact with civilians is traffic stops. Very little could be considered cops actually stopping crime in progress. So...what are cops doing? Mostly writing traffic tickets, taking reports of crimes that already happened and will never be solved, and a lot of sitting around doing nothing.

Qualified Immunity allows cops to pretty much get away with any action that doesn't expressly violate the law. This concept effectively shields cops from any wrongdoing.

Chauvin had several incidents on his record of police abuse of power. He should not have been wearing a badge the day Floyd died. Folks talk about "bad apples" as if the system isn't responsible for keeping them around.

It seems to me simply...

1. offloading non-criminal work from police
    2. holding them to the same standards for violence that are applied to civilians
    3. zero tolerance criminal punishment for abusing police authority
    4. and mandating cameras must be operational at all times or the cop cannot be on duty

are common sense reforms that could make a big difference without disbanding police altogether.

Defunding Minneapolis PD doesnt do anything to State and Federal police. They could hire a private police force for certain areas or to respond to specific situations. Bail Bondsmen use bounty hunters they could do that for many fugitives. Limited resources means you have to focus on the most important crimes. The ones that violates someones rights. Like violent crimes and property crimes. People really need to understand that when we make something illegal we are authorizing police to use violence to enforce that.

The traffic stops is part of a deliberate strategy to fight crime according to police which is just a clever way to get around the 4th amendment. The problem with government police is they are too close to the system. Prosecutors work hand in hand with them then go on to be judges. Then cops say "well if we cant do this it would be too hard to fight crime" and those judges sign away our rights. It is down right absurd how ridiculous it is. For example Civil Asset Forfeiture where they claim they are charging your property with a crime and you have to prove it wasnt gained from or used in the commission of a crime.... on your own dime..... Border Patrol gets to put checkpoints 100 miles away from the border because they claim it would be too hard to fight crime without that. In my home state they claim that needing a unanimous jury to convict on a felony makes it too hard to fight crime. Only need 10 of 12 jurors to convict on a Felony in LA so they can have 2 black jurors.

The one thing I tried to get across to people in this thread is that it is the undeserved respect for cops that society in general has for Cops that allows this to happen. They are human just like the rest of us and just as guilty of temptation. This notion that cops are above crime or somehow paragons of virtue is absurd. I hear cops all the time say "I believe no cops goes into work with the intention to commit a crime". With over 900,000 cops that is absurd. Its absurd to say about any group that big. They used the general good will towards cops to influence our political system but say dont blame them if we dont like the laws. They painted anyone who dared try to reform the system or critisize anything about policing as anti-cop and unelectable. Their unions are the most powerful politically. We gave them everything they asked for. School districts got ****ing grenade launchers. We gave them the right to steal from people just because we think they might maybe sorta coulda one day possibly commited a crime and made it the victims responsibility to prove them wrong. Many states gave cops their own bill of rights. The only rights I have ever heard cops defend politically is the right to own guns. Many of the rights they get in those bill of rights are specifically to make it almost impossible to convict a cop. Its not on accident. If you let someone design the system that holds them accountable they arent going to make it easy. But when it comes to the public they argue we need more laws with tougher sentencing and more enforcement of even the most minor crimes. They shouldnt get to have it both ways.

edit - one last thing that no one ever talks about publicly is how black people routinely get stricken from juries just for being black. Everyone knows whats going on but its kind of hard to prove. When you look at the data it is obvious its going on. Prosecutors do it on purpose and just make up whatever bull**** reason they want. Everyone knows whats going on but rarely does anyone actually say something about it. This is that systemic racism some people cant or dont want to find.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 06-10-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...wye-story.html

NY lawmakers voted to unseal police misconduct reports against unanimous Republican opposition.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...630-story.html

California recently did this and cops created ridiculous barriers to get them and in some cases outright destroying them. What's in those records? Sexual assaults, domestic violence, etc.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Incredible progress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

thethe (06-10-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Is this seriously what you think?

You think "The Left" controls anything in Puddle Splash Arkansas, or Sister Hump Kentucky? You think "The Left" controls gerrymandering voting districts? You think "The Left" pushes for voting reforms that disproportionately disenfranchise poor minority voters? You think "The Left" controls which judges are on the bench for life?

The effort you clowns put into explaining away racism is laughable. It is the fault of one group, one side, and one side only. But by all means, keep up with the "yeah but what about" explanations. They are not going to work anymore. You've finally pissed off the suburban white women...so, game over.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 06-10-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

You think "The Left" controls anything in Puddle Splash Arkansas, or Sister Hump Kentucky? You think "The Left" controls gerrymandering voting districts? You think "The Left" pushes for voting reforms that disproportionately disenfranchise poor minority voters? You think "The Left" controls which judges are on the bench for life?

The effort you clowns put into explaining away racism is laughable. It is the fault of one group, one side, and one side only. But by all means, keep up with the "yeah but what about" explanations. They are not going to work anymore. You've finally pissed off the suburban white women...so, game over.
    If you want to have an actual discussion on this I'm happy to.

But you've shown time and time you are incapable of such. Let me know if that's changed or let me know if instead you wanna hurl stupid insults

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

The left definitely controls the elections apparatus in Georgia. Don't forget that one.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    How would you evaluate the experience of a black person in a red vs blue state?

Economically?
    Crime rates?
    Reading levels?
    Education levels?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Curious how did Minneapolis vote in last election?

What party is their governor?

What about their mayor?

How about their city council?

What about their senators?

What about their AG?

Just curious...

Maybe urban communities should keep voting the same way and this time will be different