Page 49 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Neverending **** the Police thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    the reaction to the sentence by the Botham Jean family was interesting to say the least

Last edited by 57Brave; 10-03-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Honestly thats probably the only way to actually make her feel bad about what she did. This aint the first black man she has killed. I think the first case needs to be reopened with the new facts we have about her. Like joking about MLk's death and suggesting pepper spraying the parade crowd at the MLK parade. She was cleared by Internal Affairs who are highly biased investigators.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    How far back in time does premeditated murder have to go? She testified that she drew her gun before going in and went in with the intention to kill anyone in there. It wasnt her just walking into her apartment and seeing a big black man and shooting him. She actively made a decision to put herself in perceived danger. I think she shot him thinking she would get 6 weeks of paid vacation as departments do for officers involved in shootings. He had a very distinctive red doormat outside his door. Guyger had a very large table in her apartment that should have given her a clue. If you ever go into a strangers home there is almost always a distinctive smell as well. Her social media posts show a clear bias against black people and a tendency towards violence. She even talked **** about black officers.

I think this is a clear case of shooting first and asking questions later. My frustration with the case is that we all know Botham would have been treated like a thug if he did this to her. I do believe this would be a death penalty case if he did this to her and that courtroom would be packed with cops supporting Botham be put to death. She ended up getting 10 years which will only be 5 and she will have a job waiting or her when she gets out from one of her cop buddies.

What do you think about the Texas Ranger lead investigator saying he didnt see a crime here. If he had his way this trial never would have happened. Do you think he should be removed from investigating police officers?
    The stuff you point out (mat, table, etc) played a big role in why her mistake wasn't reasonable. If all the apartments were pre-furnished with identical furniture and there was no mat, maybe her mistake was reasonable. However, it wasn't a reasonable mistake and so it does not excuse the murder.

We can speculate about her motives but there was no evidence of any aggravating factors. There was no evidence she was trying to rob him, no evidence that she plotted his murder, no evidence of anything really. That was actually one of the more frustrating things about this case. There was no evidence as to why she shot him other than she thought it was her apartment. You really need more evidence of aggravating factors to tip it into death or life without parole.

And if the roles were reversed, Botham is getting a much stricter sentence. The deference cops get in the criminal justice system is sickening.

If you say you don't see a crime here, you shouldn't be investigating anyone, much less police. The only way there was no crime is if the mistake she made was reasonable. There's just no way it's reasonable. If you open the wrong apartment door you immediately know it. This is why I've suspected she was drunk or on some sort of drug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    the reaction to the sentence by the Botham Jean family was interesting to say the least

That speaks volumes about that family. I'm not sure I could bring myself to do the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts

Interview with 2 of the jurors. Could not be more disgusted by it. I am both shocked they let a black person on the jury and that black person could be so naive. If that black juror accidentily shot a cop Amber Guyger would be with her fellow officers demanding a stiff sentence. She had all kids of racist and violent **** on her social media and this isnt even the first black person she has killed. She murdered another black man for the crime of taking her tazer so she couldnt tazer him. How many does it take to be a serial killer? I know I am biased but I hope that Aunt Tom gets her ass whopped by her friends/family/neighbors.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Àaaaaaaand the key witness against Amber Guyger has been murdered.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts

Interview with 2 of the jurors. Could not be more disgusted by it. I am both shocked they let a black person on the jury and that black person could be so naive. If that black juror accidentily shot a cop Amber Guyger would be with her fellow officers demanding a stiff sentence. She had all kids of racist and violent **** on her social media and this isnt even the first black person she has killed. She murdered another black man for the crime of taking her tazer so she couldnt tazer him. How many does it take to be a serial killer? I know I am biased but I hope that Aunt Tom gets her ass whopped by her friends/family/neighbors.
    Were her social media posts and the prior shooting told to the jury? It seems to me those could have admissibility issues. Juries rarely get all the information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    From what I have read the social media posts were allowed during sentencing but not the trial, but I am still a little unclear about that. I think they make all the difference in the world. In one text when she is told that someone is racist she says "that's okay, I am too". That alone just alarms me. It's when put together with some of these other posts that I really get skeptical she acted like a reasonable person.

Whether people admit it or not I think the sole reason(outside of being a cop) she got leniency is because the victim was a large black man and she was a much smaller woman. If the victim was an 80 year old grandma everyone would agree her actions were highly unreasonable. I think the best comparisons are cases where a homeowner shoots at cops thinking they are burglars. Cops and prosecutors have been really vicious to people un those circumstances. I would even go as far as to say if Botham had shot and killed her after she "mistakenly" entered his apartment that he would have been charged and probably got 40 years to life.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    From what I have read the social media posts were allowed during sentencing but not the trial, but I am still a little unclear about that. I think they make all the difference in the world. In one text when she is told that someone is racist she says "that's okay, I am too". That alone just alarms me. It's when put together with some of these other posts that I really get skeptical she acted like a reasonable person.

Whether people admit it or not I think the sole reason(outside of being a cop) she got leniency is because the victim was a large black man and she was a much smaller woman. If the victim was an 80 year old grandma everyone would agree her actions were highly unreasonable. I think the best comparisons are cases where a homeowner shoots at cops thinking they are burglars. Cops and prosecutors have been really vicious to people un those circumstances. I would even go as far as to say if Botham had shot and killed her after she "mistakenly" entered his apartment that he would have been charged and probably got 40 years to life.
    The color that trumps all others in the legal system is blue.

It would surprise me if her other shooting or the social media posts made it in at trial. When you're on trial, you're on trial for that one act, not every bad thing you've ever done. Dredging up that stuff is considered more prejudicial than probative and so is excluded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Yeah, I just think if I was on trial for "accidentally" shooting q cop my postings here would be allowed to be used against me. Beyond that I think any cop that jokes about MLKs death should immediately disqualify someone from being a cop. That governments dont proactively investigate whether their cops are racist assholes is down right negligent considering the rate of criminality by cops.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...-browns-murder

This is getting some mainstream attention. If he testified against MS-13 last week they would be the prime suspect. Instead the same group that should be suspects are the investigators now. Who do they call now? The Texas Rangers? They probably dont even see a crime here. The more details that come out the less this looks like a random shooting and more and more like a targeted assassination. Whether you like the cops or hate them you can't deny the have a street gang mentality.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...-browns-murder

This is getting some mainstream attention. If he testified against MS-13 last week they would be the prime suspect. Instead the same group that should be suspects are the investigators now. Who do they call now? The Texas Rangers? They probably dont even see a crime here. The more details that come out the less this looks like a random shooting and more and more like a targeted assassination. Whether you like the cops or hate them you can't deny the have a street gang mentality.
    Honestly the FBI should be investigating this.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    The reporting I've seen (grain of salt here) is that because he testified that she was shocked and upset and thought she was on a different floor, (i.e. supporting the defense account) that he was killed for being a snitch helping a cop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    He testified that it sounded like two people meeting by surprise. Whether she was mistaken was never really the issue. Its been about her being trigger happy.

It’s over."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    He testified that it sounded like two people meeting by surprise. Whether she was mistaken was never really the issue. Its been about her being trigger happy.
    I completely agree with you. I'm only saying that's what they're now claiming regarding his death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    who are they, the police? He was still set to testify in the civil trial.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amber-g...dallas-police/

The dead witness apparently was a witness in another shooting. He was shot and the person next to him was shot and killed. I still wouldn't rule out Guygers partner who she was sexting as she trespassed into Bothams apartment. I believe cops are criminals of opportunity. Most of the crimes they commit because they believe they can get away with it. If there was was ever reap accountability I think crimes by cops would drop like q rock. There are other witnesses in the case I think would be targeted over this guy. Specifically one girl named Bunny who was scared to talk to cops after the shooting. I did she her on the witness stand so she did testify, she gave an interview to a youtuber I follow.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts

Here is that interview.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    https://thefreethoughtproject.com/co...ideo-evidence/

Here is a cop that got aquitted of sex crimes against a 15 year old when there were 5 videos of him committing the crime. He is even alleged to have had sex with her two times AFTER he was caught. He was convicted of witness tampering for telling her not to testify and official misconduct....... he was also not fired for 7 months after he videos of hin raping a 15 year old were found. Wow.

It’s over."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    who are they, the police? He was still set to testify in the civil trial.
    Well, that's my bet for who the sources are. The reports are coy, with supposed people he knew saying he was worried because he was getting threats for being a snitch.