weso, I apologize for misreading who you are speaking about. This thread, which is supposed to be about cops, has been bizarrely focused on the bad actors among the protesters rather than the actual issues. I guess that bled into my reading of your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
'm not surprised you don't think you'd agree with me as you seem to be projecting opinions onto me that I don't have.
I do think you are misunderstanding my comment there, though. I think you are probably more in favor of positive solutions than a number of the cretins in this thread, but I think my own vision of what justice should look like is past that. The good solutions (strong PDs, emphasis on mental health) you suggest are good, but they aren't enough. But I am in favor of them and I am glad you are too. I just think many proposed "reforms," including the things you listed, are only set dressing. Non-lethal weapons, for instance, have not curtailed the use of force, but have in some case increased it. The problem runs deeper; the problem is the very role we give police and the way we refuse to address the racial history that has organized our society. Changing the means of policing won't do much if you don't also invest in education and providing economic opportunity. These things are all connected. We don't just need reforms; we need paradigm shifts.

Some of your suggestions (e.g., privatizing police, AI dispensed justice) are, frankly, frightening. So, uh, I at least disagree with those.