Thread: Why do we have to respect religions in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

Why do we have to respect religions in the first place.

I don't understand what is wrong with disliking people based on religion. Islam is a terrible religion and I don't value the lives of people who take it seriously. Why should we help people who think of their wife as property? Why should we take women who think they are men's property? Why is religion an excuse for this and why is hating that religion considered bad?

All these countries we want to take refugees from overy half think it's okay to kill non muslims, rape women because they are not accompanied by a man, and think it's okay to beat their various wives. It's not a small minority. I understand America is a melting pot but that doesn't mean we should mix in ****.

I think it's time to do away with the freedom of religion as a whole. It's not freedom of religion it's freedom of certain major religions. If I want to join the first church of Cannabis the government isn't going to respect my religion so why should anyone have the right. All the other federally protected groups are things you cant change or choose. Religion is something you choose. We should habe the right to discriminate if you choose to believe in a religions that has ****ty views.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    have no problem with religion or atheist for that matter. I believe in pagans beliefs as well and as Christians we shouldn't. Oh well.

But killing innocent people because they steal, having adultery, keep them subservient to a man, I can't go along with that.

I am for gay marriage but not in from a preacher in a church, let me emphasize a church because that is contradictory to beliefs. We have gay couples in our house all the time and I had to convince my Catholic wife to allow them in. But they have no right to ask that a business to do something they don't want in regards to religion. There is no harm in saying no to you. Some stores will not allow you in if you have no shoes or shirt, or you drunk and so forth. If a store say they don't allow blacks, I go to another but they will not have much business if it is on their sign. If it says LGBT, they will still get a lot of business because they don't care and punishing them is stupid.

Christian morals is based in church for certain things but they don't advocate killing, stoning, cutting off in their religion unless you stay in the Old Testament which was debunked in the New one. A lot of people cite the Old Testament the way Christians live and I laugh. Why have a new when the old is obsolete and not acknowledged?

People in general are idiots in regards to religion to fit their narrative. When said religion give up killing people in the name of religion, they are not idiots anymore.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    have no problem with religion or atheist for that matter. I believe in pagans beliefs as well and as Christians we shouldn't. Oh well.

But killing innocent people because they steal, having adultery, keep them subservient to a man, I can't go along with that.

I am for gay marriage but not in from a preacher in a church, let me emphasize a church because that is contradictory to beliefs. We have gay couples in our house all the time and I had to convince my Catholic wife to allow them in. But they have no right to ask that a business to do something they don't want in regards to religion. There is no harm in saying no to you. Some stores will not allow you in if you have no shoes or shirt, or you drunk and so forth. If a store say they don't allow blacks, I go to another but they will not have much business if it is on their sign. If it says LGBT, they will still get a lot of business because they don't care and punishing them is stupid.

Christian morals is based in church for certain things but they don't advocate killing, stoning, cutting off in their religion unless you stay in the Old Testament which was debunked in the New one. A lot of people cite the Old Testament the way Christians live and I laugh. Why have a new when the old is obsolete and not acknowledged?

People in general are idiots in regards to religion to fit their narrative. When said religion give up killing people in the name of religion, they are not idiots anymore.
    Dude, you still need to copyright that "Agent Orange" moniker before someone else does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Dude, you still need to copyright that "Agent Orange" moniker before someone else does.
    Can't, it has reached other boards as well.

Pres Douchebag is catching on now.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Can't, it has reached other boards as well.

Pres Douchebag is catching on now.
    Hey, timing is everything in this world. :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Religions are just large cults. Its a mental disorder. I dont care if they want to play make believe but they always try and force it on others. Usually through voting.

Maybe I am being a little harsh, its just unfathomable to me that anyone still believes in a magic man in the sky. We dont treat adults who believe in Santa with respect.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 02-15-2017 at 01:07 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    its just unfathomable to me that anyone still believes in a magic man in the sky.
    Where do you think that sky came from?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (02-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Religions are just large cults. Its a mental disorder. I dont care if they want to play make believe but they always try and force it on others. Usually through voting.

Maybe I am being a little harsh, its just unfathomable to me that anyone still believes in a magic man in the sky. We dont treat adults who believe in Santa with respect.
    Force? Maybe Mormons, 7th Day Adventists, or by the sword, guns or jihad (Muslims) but most Christians leave it up to you to if you go/believe or not. They give you a message, it is up to you to say yes or no. I know a couple Atheist on this board I get along with and probably my best friends on this board. Ask them if I try to force them to accept something they don't believe in. They will say no and we are still great friends.

Belief is on the individual and no person should pass judgment on people and their beliefs as long as violence is not part of the equation.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    busta rhymes used it twice at the grammys in the intro to the awesome Tribe Called Quest performance
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Where do you think that sky came from?

Whats wrong with saying "I dont know"? I know where it didnt come from. And it did not come from magic.

It’s over."

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    busta rhymes used it twice at the grammys in the intro to the awesome Tribe Called Quest performance
    How long ago, just curious?

Oh and OU had a halfback named Buster Rhymes back in the 80s I think it was.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    grammys were sunday
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Shall I? Nawwh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Shall I? Nawwh
    go ahead, this is just getting good
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-15-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    grammys were sunday
    Sorry I don't watch award shows, but Busta is old school, not as old school as Buster, but hey you take what you can get these days. :)