Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

What to do with CF?

Last few weeks have wreaked my hope that either Schafer or BJ is the answer, at least for this year. Neither can hit; Schafer's last few weeks have been particularly disappointing to the belief that he wouldn't return to the form he showed in Houston. He's striking out a ton and isn't even close to the ball when he does swing. So what do we do? I'm not coming up with anything good.

1. Play BJ, he's got the big salary.

No, salary shouldn't matter, we're stuck with his contract but that doesn't mean we have to play him. He's .083 with RISP aftet 5+ months of the season. You can't just keep sending him out there and watch him fail. Maybe in the offseason he can get himself "fixed" so we get something out of that contract but right now I can't see playing him everyday.

2. Play Schafer, at least he's a leadoff man.

No. He's not doing anything worthwhile at the plate, can't even get a bunt down any more. 35% strikeout rate. We can't keep playing him everyday either.

3. Terdoslavich? Not a CF. Move one of the other guys there and play Terdo in LF/RF? Who? Gattis? that would be comical. Justin? Can't really play LF or RF very well so no.

4. Costanza? ugh, no.

5. Ellliot Johnson? Not any better than Schafer offensively and probably worse defensively. No.

6. Reed Johnson. Activated but they said just to pinch hit, he's only able to run at 75%. So no.

7 Cunningham? Didn't even get called up.

help me out guys.
    Last edited by stpeteirish; 09-11-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling