Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
Can't remember....has RA had any good outings yet? Sure it's preseason and can be taken with a grain of salt. I would like to see at least a "few" solid starts ??
RA is knuckleball pitcher and just trying to get ready for the season, he's not really concerned about results but more getting ready. He also didn't start his previous start before today against the Phillies because it would've been back-to-back and he doesn't want them knowing what to expect from him during the season. He also threw a lot of fastballs against them his first start too. Even today vs Detroit he gave up a homer on a 3-1 count fastball that he said he wouldn't throw in that count during the season. So I am not concerned about him at all, I just want him to get ready and have his knuckleball working when it counts.

That said, I am more concerned about Colon because he's almost two years older and while coming off a good year he is at that age most fall off if they haven't already. But even with him I cannot say much based on spring training as look at his career spring ERA that is almost 6! IOW, Colon has a history of poor springs followed by good seasons so who knows what to expect. I would look more for if he is losing too much velocity than spring results. I'm not sure his average spring velocity so far though outside of one game.