Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Exploitation is only exploitative when it's coming from someone you disagree with.

Got it.
    Not even that. Trump blaming the Generals is icing on the cake to this event.
    Forever Fredi

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Not even that. Trump blaming the Generals is icing on the cake to this event.
    “This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, you know, just — they wanted to do. They came to see me and they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we've had in many decades, I would — I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

This is the literal quote.

If you get 'blaming the Generals' out of that, then it's on you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    did you see " And they lost Ryan.”

?

who did you think he was referring to by "they"
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    False equivalency comparing this to what happened with the Khan family.

That must be the hot trending talking point on Breitbart or Rushbo show. Just like the would you leave your doors unlocked analogy everyone in social media was using in regards to the wall or when Palin said Americans balance their checkbook so Uncle Sam needs to do the same. Dumb comparisons and false equivalence.
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

That must be the hot trending talking point on Breitbart or Rushbo show. Just like the would you leave your doors unlocked analogy everyone in social media was using in regards to the wall or when Palin said Americans balance their checkbook so Uncle Sam needs to do the same. Dumb comparisons and false equivalence.
    They both used a family member of a dead person for political gain.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    even should 51 be an overblown number, where would you put it ?

"
    6 trillion spent in the Middle East?

Trump again decried the country’s spending on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"America has spent approximately $6 trillion dollars in the Middle East, all this while our infrastructure at home is crumbling," he said, returning to a familiar talking point.

Trump is citing the high-end estimate of credible analyses of spending associated with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yet he is confusing money that’s been spent with money that researchers say will be spent.

Through this fiscal year, the United States has spent about $3.8 trillion, with another estimated $1 trillion in expected care for veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan into the middle of the century. If you add in the accumulated interest on the money borrowed to pay for those wars, the total reaches $7.9 trillion by 2053.

Mother****er lies for sport, even $3.8 is an outrageous amount,
    why say 6 ?

or he is unprepared, not a good look either way
    I have better things to do with my time than to parse a speech and quibble over the use of the term 'chaos' to describe the border (and treating the usage of that adjective as a lie) or to get confused at the difference between "spent" and "will spend" (although, technically, the demand for funds has already been expended).

You have fun with all of that false outrage though.

#theresistance and all that.
    Last edited by Hawk; 03-02-2017 at 10:26 AM.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    “This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, you know, just — they wanted to do. They came to see me and they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we've had in many decades, I would — I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

This is the literal quote.

If you get 'blaming the Generals' out of that, then it's on you.
    Come on Hawk you're much smarter than this.
    Deny you had any insight on the matter. You build up the generals like he did. Puff puff puff. Then a very very minor pointing of the finger at the end to make the accusation have a softer blow.

Funny that Obama was criticized by the right for bumping heads with generals and Trump just says yeah sure ok but I dont have anything to do with it if it goes south.
    Forever Fredi

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    That's funny.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (03-03-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    They both used a family member of a dead person for political gain.
    Yes let's talk about that.

Captain Khan died 13 years ago. His father and mother were the ones speaking out. Khan's speech at the DNC, while mentioning his son had more to do with Trump's attacks on muslims and the ban than it did anything else.

Trump flies to see the body, Owens father doesn't want to see him. Owens father speaks out and says he wants an investigation into the matter. Trump throws shade on the Generals saying yeah yeah yeah they've been planning it before I got here I'll let'em do it despite the fact Obama declined to move forward with it a few times. He must've forgotten he's C&C and the buck stops with him. (Please spare me you're usual sturgesque but but but Obama dronezorz strikezorz). They lost him (notice Trump says they not we).

Owens' father wants nothing to do with it. So Trump invites the poor Seals' widow. Followed by an OVEREXPLOITED prolonged standing ovation that absolutely started getting weird and uncomfortable. Owens just died a few weeks ago and you bring probably the most emotionally vulnerable person there to exploit in front of Congress and a bigger audience.

The fact you compare the two... yeah. Anything you can do to talk trash about "the left".
    Forever Fredi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (03-02-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    That's funny.
    It's not. However, I do admire the tone you've taken since Trump's inauguration. The way you've been on here since then you might as well be Stephen Miller or Kelly Anne Conway.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Yes let's talk about that.

Captain Khan died 13 years ago. His father and mother were the ones speaking out. Khan's speech at the DNC, while mentioning his son had more to do with Trump's attacks on muslims and the ban than it did anything else.

Trump flies to see the body, Owens father doesn't want to see him. Owens father speaks out and says he wants an investigation into the matter. Trump throws shade on the Generals saying yeah yeah yeah they've been planning it before I got here I'll let'em do it despite the fact Obama declined to move forward with it a few times. He must've forgotten he's C&C and the buck stops with him. (Please spare me you're usual sturgesque but but but Obama dronezorz strikezorz). They lost him (notice Trump says they not we).

Owens' father wants nothing to do with it. So Trump invites the poor Seals' widow. Followed by an OVEREXPLOITED prolonged standing ovation that absolutely started getting weird and uncomfortable. Owens just died a few weeks ago and you bring probably the most emotionally vulnerable person there to exploit in front of Congress and a bigger audience.

The fact you compare the two... yeah. Anything you can do to talk trash about "the left".
    The situations are different, of course. But the exploitation is the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    It's not. However, I do admire the tone you've taken since Trump's inauguration. The way you've been on here since then you might as well be Stephen Miller or Kelly Anne Conway.

And partisan Democrats have become Glenn Beck circa 2010

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (03-03-2017), Garmel (03-03-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    The situations are different, of course. But the exploitation is the same.
    Trump took his to a whole nother level.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/01/...ar-propaganda/
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Trump took his to a whole nother level.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/01/...ar-propaganda/
    Dude - I agree that it was disgusting and sad... and will just fuel further the war machine that I am against.

But I'm so tired of the left attacking everything he does - while completely ignoring themselves doing the same things?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Come on Hawk you're much smarter than this.
    Deny you had any insight on the matter. You build up the generals like he did. Puff puff puff. Then a very very minor pointing of the finger at the end to make the accusation have a softer blow.

Funny that Obama was criticized by the right for bumping heads with generals and Trump just says yeah sure ok but I dont have anything to do with it if it goes south.
    I provided you the quote. Frankly, I'm surprised you are comfortable making those kind of inferences absent full context.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Groupthink is boring.

(on this board)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (03-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    DT takes all the glory and none of the responsibility.

"They lost Ryan" when he could've just as easily said "We". He absolutely refuses to acknowledge anything but utter perfection from himself.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Dude - I agree that it was disgusting and sad... and will just fuel further the war machine that I am against.

But I'm so tired of the left attacking everything he does - while completely ignoring themselves doing the same things?
    The military hates Barack Obama! At least that's what I was told by the right (not you) and his critics. Just kept hearing "We need a real Commander-in-Chief" and "Can't wait til Trump comes in so we can have a real Commander-in-Chief)

Obama did give some props to military families and we can argue if it was exploitation,but I think that had more to do with him trying to get that stigma off his back that he was anti-military like his detractors kept pushing.

In this point of human history I consider Obama's drone strikes to be the very minimum of military involvement. I'd rather we drone strike (if we're going to be at the behest of our military industrial complex overlords) than send our soldiers to die. I'd rather they die than our guys. I would rather we get out of there altogether but since those holding the purse weren't going to let BO do that, the drone strikes was the logical choice. Otherwise look at what happened with Owens dying. I think he gave the ok for the surge in Afghanistan because the political winds were blowing that way since the right had been pushing the "Surge worked in Iraq" talking point. McCain was pushing it and I think he just compromised on it instead of having to have a long drawn out PR battle. At the very minimum I think BO would have left the bases open (which I know you're against) but brought back everyone else non-essential to the bases. It's unfortunate that the Arab Spring uprising happened literally in the heart of BO's presidency. All the "uncertainty" and "destabilization" there, forced him to keep a minimum presence there (since we have to keep the title of world's policemen and Trump isn't backing down on that). He was criticized for not acting on the red line stuff. I'm glad he didn't. Probably one of the toughest decisions he had to make was not engaging in a war with Assad which would have resulted in ground troops. Don't think he wanted that on his watch.

Politics is a nasty game. I'm interested to see how Trump adapts if he wants to "bring everyone together". The wall is going to be a non-starter.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I provided you the quote. Frankly, I'm surprised you are comfortable making those kind of inferences absent full context.
    I mean we know DT does not like taking responsibility and deflects. This wasn't his first time throwing shade at someone else to make himself look better.

"They lost Ryan". They is they. He isn't saying we or I. It's a clear indicator that when he answered the question he did not want to be grouped in with them.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Groupthink is boring.

(on this board)
    If I wanted groupthink I would have banned sturg, weso, bedell, aa a long time ago.

I'm particularly referring to your case because while you were somewhat supportive of Trump in the primaries and general, since he took office I could have confused you for being once of his surrogates or spokespersons.
    Forever Fredi