Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trumps first address

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-03-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    this is the full video that gave you context?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts
    Trump and Sessions are big meanies. I hope they get mud butt.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 03-03-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (03-03-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Maybe I am alone in thinking it was a terrible speech. Maybe it was because I was in a blind rage when he said he was going to double down on the American Holocaust. Really hoping someome takes one for the team and assasinates Trump, Pence, and Sessions. Where is ISIS when we need them.
    Hey hey hey now, don't need Trump to send the Feds to this website and see how much of a disaster it is.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts
    You just dont them to find out you havent paid taxes on our subscription fees.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Anyone have a link I can watch the speech at?

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Maybe I am alone in thinking it was a terrible speech. Maybe it was because I was in a blind rage when he said he was going to double down on the American Holocaust. Really hoping someome takes one for the team and assasinates Trump, Pence, and Sessions. Where is ISIS when we need them.
    This is the most BS comment I've seen in a while. GTFO with this ****...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackwaterPark For This Useful Post:

Garmel (03-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    you tube
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    They both used a family member of a dead person for political gain.
    Seems to me like using human props has been standard fare for State of the Union Speeches for most of my lifetime. And that's a long time kiddos.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    And partisan Democrats have become Glenn Beck circa 2010

^^ This.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Sad. So sad.

Unhinged, of the sort that can get you in a spot of trouble. Might want to scale things back there cajun.

And Sav - this is your site, right? And you liked that post? Doesn't seem a wise thing to do. Probably ought to have removed the post.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 03-03-2017 at 10:50 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Garmel (03-03-2017), Runnin (03-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It's Trumpish, sure, but I think we've heard enough of him to know when he's dancing and when he's attempting sincerity.
    Yes, Trump at his very best is sincerely a tone deaf asshole.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (03-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Seems to me like using human props has been standard fare for State of the Union Speeches for most of my lifetime. And that's a long time kiddos.
    Ronald Reagan was the first.

In 1982, Ronald Reagan initiated the tradition of inviting ordinary citizens to attend the State of the Union address and sit in the presidential gallery. Reagan’s first guest was Lenny Skutnik, a federal office worker who several weeks earlier had jumped into the Potomac River to rescue a plane crash victim. In his speech, Reagan mentioned Skutnick, who was seated with the first lady.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (03-03-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    SOTU speeches/events are theater. I get a bit of a chuckle out of people getting wound up in regard to the opposition party sitting on their hands or the length of applause time or the specifics of the speech. People, see it for what it is and then go on with life.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (03-04-2017)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    SOTU speeches/events are theater. I get a bit of a chuckle out of people getting wound up in regard to the opposition party sitting on their hands or the length of applause time or the specifics of the speech. People, see it for what it is and then go on with life.
    I haven't watched the whole speech, but Obama basically gave the same speech his first few times around, calling for an abandonment of partisanship and a call to look inward and solve our own problems as opposed to international adventurism. We all saw what happened when he hit the reality wall and McConnell and company outlined their attempts to make him a one-term president.

Same here with different players, so I don't take any of this all that seriously.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (03-04-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I haven't watched the whole speech, but Obama basically gave the same speech his first few times around, calling for an abandonment of partisanship and a call to look inward and solve our own problems as opposed to international adventurism. We all saw what happened when he hit the reality wall and McConnell and company outlined their attempts to make him a one-term president.

Same here with different players, so I don't take any of this all that seriously.
    To me one of the biggest issues right now is how differently many Republicans remember their words, actions, etc., of the Obama presidency as compared with the things they really did say, do, etc.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    To me one of the biggest issues right now is how differently many Republicans remember their words, actions, etc., of the Obama presidency as compared with the things they really did say, do, etc.
    But, in fairness, the shoe is on the other foot for Democrats as well and their rhetoric--while not as direct in its mission as McConnell's--looks a lot like Republicans' did in 2009. Curious to see what happens on Gorsuch. My guess is he's confirmed with some Democratic votes. But what the Republicans did to Garland was really unprecedented and now they are going to scold the Democrats if they throw up roadblocks.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (03-04-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    But, in fairness, the shoe is on the other foot for Democrats as well and their rhetoric--while not as direct in its mission as McConnell's--looks a lot like Republicans' did in 2009. Curious to see what happens on Gorsuch. My guess is he's confirmed with some Democratic votes. But what the Republicans did to Garland was really unprecedented and now they are going to scold the Democrats if they throw up roadblocks.
    Totally agree, neither party is above acting like spoiled 4 year olds. My wish is that everyone would stand up, pay attention, and hold their elected officials to task for their behavior, especially their bad behavior, hypocrisy, etc., but honestly I don't see it happening. Once people reach a certain level of classical conditioning the effects don't just wear off, like when you have one too many tequila shots the night before.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Totally agree, neither party is above acting like spoiled 4 year olds. My wish is that everyone would stand up, pay attention, and hold their elected officials to task for their behavior, especially their bad behavior, hypocrisy, etc., but honestly I don't see it happening. Once people reach a certain level of classical conditioning the effects don't just wear off, like when you have one too many tequila shots the night before.
    As someone involved with schools from the 30,000 foot level (and you were boots on the ground in the enterprise), I always laugh sardonically about those who want to hold schools accountable for things well beyond their purview but shed most every shred of accountability in their own behavior as an elected official.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    As someone involved with schools from the 30,000 foot level (and you were boots on the ground in the enterprise), I always laugh sardonically about those who want to hold schools accountable for things well beyond their purview but shed most every shred of accountability in their own behavior as an elected official.
    True dat!! But frankly why should any elected official care about "walking the walk" when all they really have to do is "talk the talk" and pretty much all of their followers will continue to be their followers because "hey those other aholes are responsible. They kept me from (insert BS thing I never had any real intention of doing anyway) here.