Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Big 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    This year, he's decided not to give up any runs, either. He'll be in Seattle by the all star break.
    Povse had such a good curveball going in a recent game the announcer was talking about how he could tell them it was coming and they still couldn't hit it. He was throwing it a lot, it was that good.
    Last edited by Braves1976; 04-18-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    Povse had such a good curveball going in a recent game the announcer was talking about how he could tell them it was coming and they still counting hit it. He was throwing it a lot, it was that good.

they gave away my pet project in povse for a DH. jackson will surely be flipped as soon as they can make it happen.
    they'd better damned well not give away weigel. it's a joke that weigel isn't in every top 100 list, btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipchildress View Post
    they gave away my pet project in povse for a DH. jackson will surely be flipped as soon as they can make it happen.
    they'd better damned well not give away weigel. it's a joke that weigel isn't in every top 100 list, btw.
    Jackson could also turn into an all star power hitting catcher. Offensively he's looking really good this year thus far and is cutting down on the strikeouts

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    ... it's a joke that weigel isn't in every top 100 list, btw.
    patience, mid season reports will come out soon enough. The whole of the Miss rotation should be in the top 100. I wonder if that has ever happened before?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Jackson could also turn into an all star power hitting catcher. Offensively he's looking really good this year thus far and is cutting down on the strikeouts
    perhaps, but knowing the braves, he's trade bait. i wouldn't disapprove of his bat staying warm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    perhaps, but knowing the braves, he's trade bait. i wouldn't disapprove of his bat staying warm.
    Doubt he's trade bait considering they moved him to catcher and we have literally no legit catching prospects and was at one time considered one of the best high school hitters of his time. Sounds like his attitude was his big problem and it sounds like he's grown up and humbled himself quite a bit now. Plus the Mariners player development is crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    I hope you're right, but I'm still not sure I see the Braves going all in on a guy who might be able to catch some when their entire philosophy seems to be about having the best pitching. But like you said, it's not like Bruce Benedict is knocking on that door.