Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Going for the sweep vs padres 4/17 GDT

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    On pure talent? Pollock is an all-star CF. Ender is a good player. On being the best fit for Atlanta? That's up in the air. They got Ender to extend at a great price. Pollock could of been gone after next year right when the team is ready to contend.
    Who cares if Pollock left? Have you seen the pitching hybrids the Braves have percolating in the minors?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

thewupk (04-18-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    The problem is, I think we would have ONLY gotten Pollock. Like thewupk said, he was already an absolute superstar. Ender was thought of as more of a platoon guy who has turned into a much better player offensively than originally projected (ala Prado) which allowed us to also get Swanson and Blair.
    The Braves needed Blair, who is a Clemens/Schilling hybrid, Schillemans. I think they made the right call.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Do you understand how business works?
    I'm sure it makes perfect economic sense for the Braves to have done what they've done. They moved the park closer to the season-ticket base, decreased capacity, and increased prices. They'll do well, I'm sure.

They've also, as a consequence, sort of de-democratized the experience. I'm not going to make a trip this year--too expensive for my big-ass family. I don't think they'll miss my $$$. I understand the economic decisions, but that doesn't make them optimal for the whole fan community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I'm sure it makes perfect economic sense for the Braves to have done what they've done. They moved the park closer to the season-ticket base, decreased capacity, and increased prices. They'll do well, I'm sure.

They've also, as a consequence, sort of de-democratized the experience. I'm not going to make a trip this year--too expensive for my big-ass family. I don't think they'll miss my $$$. I understand the economic decisions, but that doesn't make them optimal for the whole fan community.
    I've got my tickets for the marlins' series June 16-18. The tickets weren't really anymore expensive than my trip last year. Not sure how much food will cost, but it wasn't like it was cheap at turner field

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I've got my tickets for the marlins' series June 16-18. The tickets weren't really anymore expensive than my trip last year. Not sure how much food will cost, but it wasn't like it was cheap at turner field
    It's comparable. Only real difference is parking is a bit more expensive. I enjoyed it, though.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Minneapolis/St. Paul has two light rail lines. The new Twins' stadium has a light rail station right next to it that connects to both of the light rail lines. New Vikings' stadium is on one of the lines (to which one can get an easy connection from the other line). Gopher football stadium is one block off one of the light rail lines. New soccer stadium being built will also be one block off one of the light rail lines. Makes for extremely easy access to any of the venues.
    That is the dream. Unfortunately wouldn't happen in Atlanta.

Blank got the city to pay for the new Dome while removing the direct under the stadium rail access the George Dome had so he could own the parking. The rail stop is a block away but that's still a hell of a lot more inconvenient. The closest the TED had was a 20 minute walk away at the Capitol stop. Phillips arena has a direct access to under the arena. So that's good.
    Forever Fredi