View Poll Results: Do the team and his long term progress with him going back?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 50.00%
  • No

10 50.00%

Thread: Poll: Dansby Swanson

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    829 Posts

Poll: Dansby Swanson

Should he be sent back to AAA? Discuss. (Everyone seems to have an opinion; I wanted to see if there's a substantial consensus.)
    Last edited by USMA76; 05-01-2017 at 07:18 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    No

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    No, he should be sent to Rome. Really though, nah, I think he's about to get going

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    No. I want to say yes, but I think he will be fine. He's young and this is a year to let him develop. Not his fault he was rushed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Not yet.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Nope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    the overriding consideration to me is that you want those 6 pre free agency years to be as productive as possible...i wouldn't have called him up in the first place and would send him back down tomorrow...has nothing to do with what I think of him as a person or his potential as a player

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (05-01-2017)

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    i don't necessarily agree that the most important consideration with what might be the player they hope to be the cornerstone of their future should be service time. i actually think that should be close to the bottom of what they're considering. not with everybody necessarily, but swanson will get re-signed for a 25 year extension if he proves worth it.

for the life of me i can't figure out why people get so tied up in these savings, as if you were paying liberty media's bills. we've seen it before and we'll see it again...when the braves want to spend money they will. people jumped for joy when upton's contract was dumped but why?

swanson will either be worth a billion dollars to the braves or won't be. if he is, service time will simply not be anything close to an issue. and frankly, the team moved out to cobb county because they said they'll make a bunch of money off the deal. well, i'm not going to celebrate these guys cutting costs. f that. spend some money. anyway, i'm done pretending like it's some great accomplishment when the braves are good at being cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The most amazing part is that our own GM has said the thought of promoting Swanson never crossed his mind until Hart knocked on his door one day and said hey, lets see what happens if we promote Swanson, there's nothing to lose. Amazing way to make that kind of decision. Gold standard franchise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipchildress View Post
    for the life of me i can't figure out why people get so tied up in these savings, as if you were paying liberty media's bills.
    something to do with budgets and payrolls and the braves not exactly being in a position to throw money away...at least not to the extent that a lot of other teams do...for someone like me who wants to see the team be as competitive as possible, i'd like to see the money productively spent...otherwise it matters not a whit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    something to do with budgets and payrolls and the braves not exactly being in a position to throw money away...at least not to the extent that a lot of other teams do...for someone like me who wants to see the team be as competitive as possible, i'd like to see the money productively spent...otherwise it matters not a whit
    of course you're right....but
    i'm just bitter that the braves fleeced us all with this "rebuild" which looks a lot more to me like a giant cut in spending to pay for their new stadium.

i guess i just don't buy that saving a few million dollars here and there really matters all that much in the long run to these gazillionaires, but they would never admit to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The most amazing part is that our own GM has said the thought of promoting Swanson never crossed his mind until Hart knocked on his door one day and said hey, lets see what happens if we promote Swanson, there's nothing to lose. Amazing way to make that kind of decision. Gold standard franchise.
    except he may be right. i thought the new stadium was supposed to produce oodles of cash? again, i'm way less worried about the wallets of some mega company than others i guess. liberty media produces $5Billion annually in revenues.

but to your point, perhaps a little more thought going into the move wouldn't have been a bad idea.