Thread: INWEGO

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

INWEGO

Does anyone here subscribe to this app? I ask because I work in the ticket industry at a D1 school on the west coast and when I heard about it I thought it sounds great for a fan but how in the heck are these teams making money discounting tix so much! Here is an article that talks about just that if you want more. Wish I lived near Atlanta so I could go to Braves games for $29/month!

http://davewakeman.com/2017/04/sport...eid=f1d5ecbb3d

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I haven't researched INWEGO but some thing doesn't seem right. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    It is legitimate. It's just that these types of deals are bad long term for revenue. For the fan side it is great I guess.

I first found out about it at PACNET, which is a convention for ticketing and marketing staff in college and pro sports, when Georgia Tech's ticket office did a presentation on how they signed up and have supposedly had success as part of it. I just think you are devaluing your product way too much. These membership things are getting out of hand. Oregon State was the first one I had heard of. You could pay $100 and every game they would send you your tickets to your cell phone via mobile delivery.

Here is a link from the ajc on INWEGO. http://www.ajc.com/sports/new-app-in...NVcqouzSjeWoL/

From a ticket office perspectiveI think this is training fans to not buy season tickets or even single game tickets in advance which is not good for the school/organization.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I haven't researched INWEGO but some thing doesn't seem right. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
    It's a paid seatfiller service.

I'm guessing that you'll probably not see it hit markets that already more or less sell out routinely. Seems to be the catch is they launch the tickets 7 days out. So you'll likely never get a ticket to a playoff game, etc.

I agree largely with the article posted that it's a stupid idea for teams to get behind because it's basically a huge cockslap to the season ticket holders. Which are the people you don't want to upset.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

4maddux_cy's (05-06-2017)