Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: AHCA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Someone pointed out a good point to me. If seniors are going to die sooner because of no health care or too expensive health care is that really a bad thing? Old people are the main people who want to vote away other people's rights. These old farts who grew up on reefer madness propaganda vote to put me in a cage so I say **** them, vote away my rights I vote away your health care.
    Keeping people alive that nature has decided shouldn't is going to bankrupt our nation.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Keeping people alive that nature has decided shouldn't is going to bankrupt our nation.
    I hope you never have a kid with leukemia or something; otherwise I'll expect the same "nature" response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I hope you never have a kid with leukemia or something; otherwise I'll expect the same "nature" response.
    I had a mother that died of cancer when I was 8. I know more about experiencing the unfairness of life than most.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,015 Posts
    I had a mother that died of cancer when I was 8. I know more about experiencing the unfairness of life than most.
    Very sorry to hear that. Those people that nature wants gone are mothers and fathers too. They are all going to die eventually. But that doesn't mean we should do nothing. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and all that. Not all of them are 95-year-old "I just eat my peas and exercise" people. If we have to spend more for research and helping poor elderly and sick people, then so be it. I understand government can't and shouldn't do 100 percent of it but we waste money on far less important things. And if the choice is giving more help to the poor and elderly or giving a billionaire enough to keep all his assets, then I know what I'm choosing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts

It would be one of many reasons. We can afford it in the sense that we wouldn't be in more debt than we already are now. We just prioritize other things like the war on/off terror and the war on drugs/mass incarceration. We have spent 4 trillion on the war on terror since 9/11 and that doesn't count a trillion more that will be spent on medical care for the veterans the wars make. That would pay for a **** load of healthcare. We spend 50 billion a year on the war on drugs and billions more on incarcerating people on victimless crimes. Over 1 trillion total spent on the war on drugs so far. The economic effect of legalizing all but hardcore drugs would have a huge economic boost that could generate hundreds of billions of dollars a year.

I know I have made that argument many times now but it really is that simple. We can bomb brown people in the middle East or we can all have healthcare. Can't afford both.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    @jpx, not ignoring your response, just don't have time to give it the thoughtful reply it deserves.

Will get to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    It would be one of many reasons. We can afford it in the sense that we wouldn't be in more debt than we already are now. We just prioritize other things like the war on/off terror and the war on drugs/mass incarceration. We have spent 4 trillion on the war on terror since 9/11 and that doesn't count a trillion more that will be spent on medical care for the veterans the wars make. That would pay for a **** load of healthcare. We spend 50 billion a year on the war on drugs and billions more on incarcerating people on victimless crimes. Over 1 trillion total spent on the war on drugs so far. The economic effect of legalizing all but hardcore drugs would have a huge economic boost that could generate hundreds of billions of dollars a year.

I know I have made that argument many times now but it really is that simple. We can bomb brown people in the middle East or we can all have healthcare. Can't afford both.
    Could you imagine the economic impact of cutting this nonsense and giving the money back to the people in the form of a tax cut?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    oh, so you are for death panels now?

how fascist of you

are you for getting rid of life support?

are you pro death now?

is every life precious?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    oh, so you are for death panels now?

how fascist of you

are you for getting rid of life support?

are you pro death now?

is every life precious?
    Life has a beginning and end. If nature dictates that a flame is to expire then so be it.

Do you understand how much cancer rates are projected to increase? How about alzheiemers? The treatment of these diseases is going to skyrocket along with costs. I'm a supporter of research for new cures but treatment on life support which isn't even a life is a cost nightmare

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Life has a beginning and end. If nature dictates that a flame is to expire then so be it.

Do you understand how much cancer rates are projected to increase? How about alzheiemers? The treatment of these diseases is going to skyrocket along with costs. I'm a supporter of research for new cures but treatment on life support which isn't even a life is a cost nightmare
    so, you're cool with death panels now and view it like the nazi's did and don't think it's worth saving

got ya

yeah, i know the cost. treat the person and save them. it's really simple.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    so, you're cool with death panels now and view it like the nazi's did and don't think it's worth saving

got ya

yeah, i know the cost. treat the person and save them. it's really simple.
    Save them? Your definition of saving is not mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Godwins law. Never fails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i didn't mention hitler

i mentioned nazi's aka fascists

who saw the treatment for the things listed and thought it wasn't worth saving

at least own your sick stance that is similar to their approach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    I must've missed all those death panels before ACA was enacted.

Goldy is so cute, these days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    death panels before were just insurance companies rejecting care cause of "pre existing conditions"

aka: the free market

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    death panels before were just insurance companies rejecting care cause of "pre existing conditions"

aka: the free market
    Can you point me to all the people who were denied medical care because of lack of insurance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Also - please note that US health care WAS NOT a free market prior to ACA... I think you're all smart enough to know that, but too dishonest to drop that narrative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    your question has nothing to do with what i said and is purposely trying to change the subject

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    your question has nothing to do with what i said and is purposely trying to change the subject
    You're saying we had the equivalent of death panels before the miracle of ACA from your lord and savior.

You and your crowd are also screeching about the millions of people who are sure to die without the miracle of ACA.

Surely, then, you can easily point me to COUNTLESS examples of people being denied medical care because of lack of insurance. You've posted many memes and cartoons suggesting as such. There has to be thousands of real world examples. I'd like to see some.

I look forwsrd to you not addressing this post. The golfly way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    see, you project what you think my stance is on to me.

thus why you aren't fun anymore

i want to get rid of aca but it's better than the old way

and better than the tax cut being sold as a healthcare plan

you're being intellectually dishonest cause what you are asking about isn't what i said

but sure, it's my lord and savior. lol

have fun little one