440 Posts
    I hope 57 owns stock in twitter since he spends all day on there

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    57 seems upset.

Every time he posts a Stat about health care being worse... I'll mock him for it and tell him he doesn't understand.

"78%..."

Anyways, just boarded a flight for Europe... Talk to yall in 2 weeks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Health insurance does not equal healthcare. There are hundreds of hospitals around the country who provide healthcare to the uninsured including cancer treatments, etc. Why are these treatments so expensive in the first place? Will more government control of "insurance" improve these prices?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Senate won't pass it, not without heavy amendments. Unlike House Reps, Senate has a big seat to lose for ****ing people up and don't have cozy gerrymandered districts to protect them.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Health insurance does not equal healthcare. There are hundreds of hospitals around the country who provide healthcare to the uninsured including cancer treatments, etc. Why are these treatments so expensive in the first place? Will more government control of "insurance" improve these prices?
    Almost certainly. Look at stats in Single payer countries vs. USA.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-05-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    57 seems upset.

Every time he posts a Stat about health care being worse... I'll mock him for it and tell him he doesn't understand.

"78%..."

Anyways, just boarded a flight for Europe... Talk to yall in 2 weeks
    Maybe .by the time you get home Trump will have told Amash where he hid his balls

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I don't say this much, but thank you 57 for seeing my point.

not getting on you for this, this, this, WTF crappy ass, abomination of a bill. I was just getting you on the site and the DENY coverage for rape when it is not the truth but if you have to pay for it is costly. It is something I hate when people do it as it is misleading and "gotcha", which I absolutely detest.

This bill is even worse before ACA was enacted. It royal screws anyone that is not rich if you got a bed bug bite. I hate to see the deductibles, I bet they are horrendous.

I guarandamnteeyou I will not be voting Republican anything in the near future forever for this crap.

...and it doesn't even affect me that is how pissed off I am about it.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    In Rare Unity, Hospitals, Doctors and Insurers Criticize Health Bill

It is a rare unifying moment. Hospitals, doctors, health insurers and some consumer groups, with few exceptions, are speaking with one voice and urging significant changes to the Republican health care legislation that passed the House on Thursday.

The bill’s impact is wide-ranging, potentially affecting not only the millions who could lose coverage through deep cuts in Medicaid or no longer be able to afford to buy coverage in the state marketplaces. With states allowed to seek waivers from providing certain benefits, employers big and small could scale back what they pay for each year or reimpose lifetime limits on coverage. In particular, small businesses, some of which were strongly opposed to the Affordable Care Act, could be free to drop coverage with no penalty.

The prospect of millions of people unable to afford coverage led to an outcry from the health care industry as well as consumer groups. They found an uncommon ally in some insurers, who rely heavily on Medicaid and Medicare as mainstays of their business and hope the Senate will be more receptive to their concerns.

“The American Health Care Act needs important improvements to better protect low- and moderate-income families who rely on Medicaid or buy their own coverage,” Marilyn B. Tavenner, the chief executive of America’s Health Insurance Plans, the industry’s trade group, said in a strongly worded statement.

Others were even more direct about the effects the bill would have, not only on patients but also on the industry. “To me, this is not a reform,” said Michael J. Dowling, the chief executive of Northwell Health, a large health system in New York. “This is just a debacle.”

Hospitals that serve low-income patients “will just be drowning completely when this happens,” Mr. Dowling said, noting that more people would become uninsured at the same time that government payments to cover their costs were reduced.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/04/h...imes&smtyp=cur
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Andy Slavitt‏Verified account @ASlavitt 24h24 hours ago

Andy Slavitt Retweeted igorvolsky

Parents of kids w disabilities never wondered whether Trump making fun of a reporter w disabilities meant something.

Now everyone knows.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Making Healthcare Worse Again is a pretty depressing endgame, but this seems a depressingly inept attempt at that goal.

I've never been a huge fan of the ACA, but gutting the best provisions of that law and doing nothing to improve the underlying systemic issues that make healthcare so inaccessible in the US is such a farce I can't even.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-05-2017), goldfly (05-05-2017), Julio3000 (05-05-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

57Brave (05-05-2017)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I can see this that happen:

Senator #1 (Lobbys for insurance) Pre existing is killing the bottom line but we can't get rid of it, it will cost us our seats.
    Senator #2: Well that is what is alluring about it, pre existing. But if you scratch my back I will scratch yours about how to keep both
    Senator #1: Really?
    Senator #2: Most voters are dumb, you can keep the wording but behind the scenes you can recover some of your bottom line.
    Senator #1: I'm listening
    Senator #2: If you have pre-existing, you have to pay more to make if fair. You following me.
    Senator #1: Yes, continue. But how is it going to help the bottom line?
    Senator #2: Because voters are dumb, you can put in the bill about if you miss a monthly pay for two straight months, which happens a lot, you can kick in the mass cost clause similar if you get a job they give you benefits but when you are out of job and come back, it automatically kicks in.
    Senator #1: So you are saying, our voters will reneg on payments and then we can billed them max to recoup some losses.
    Senator #2: Yes but there is more that you will like. You can make anything pre-existing if you are clever enough. Even a bee sting can be pre-existing due to allergic reactions after the initial visit.
    Senator #1: Oh, in the end, everyone will be under pre-existing conditions except those who are in exceptional health. Also if you obtain certain medications will automatically flag you for pre-existing.
    Senator #2: Now you are understanding how the game is played. Just make sure people like AA and others don't catch on and ruin it for us by seeing how devious we are.

Too late assholes, I figured out you all's END GAME. Make everyone fall under pre-existing at the soonest opportunity possible.

F UCK ALL OF YOU REPUBLICAN assholes who like to fist us up the ass with your plan.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    I can see this that happen:

Senator #1 (Lobbys for insurance) Pre existing is killing the bottom line but we can't get rid of it, it will cost us our seats.
    Senator #2: Well that is what is alluring about it, pre existing. But if you scratch my back I will scratch yours about how to keep both
    Senator #1: Really?
    Senator #2: Most voters are dumb, you can keep the wording but behind the scenes you can recover some of your bottom line.
    Senator #1: I'm listening
    Senator #2: If you have pre-existing, you have to pay more to make if fair. You following me.
    Senator #1: Yes, continue. But how is it going to help the bottom line?
    Senator #2: Because voters are dumb, you can put in the bill about if you miss a monthly pay for two straight months, which happens a lot, you can kick in the mass cost clause similar if you get a job they give you benefits but when you are out of job and come back, it automatically kicks in.
    Senator #1: So you are saying, our voters will reneg on payments and then we can billed them max to recoup some losses.
    Senator #2: Yes but there is more that you will like. You can make anything pre-existing if you are clever enough. Even a bee sting can be pre-existing due to allergic reactions after the initial visit.
    Senator #1: Oh, in the end, everyone will be under pre-existing conditions except those who are in exceptional health. Also if you obtain certain medications will automatically flag you for pre-existing.
    Senator #2: Now you are understanding how the game is played. Just make sure people like AA and others don't catch on and ruin it for us by seeing how devious we are.

Too late assholes, I figured out you all's END GAME. Make everyone fall under pre-existing at the soonest opportunity possible.

F UCK ALL OF YOU REPUBLICAN assholes who like to fist us up the ass with your plan.

Should insurance have to cover someone with pre existing conditions?

What happens to a driver that has a history of dui's, reckless driving and speeding tickets? They won't cover his ass.

You're no more entitled to health insurance than you are auto insurance

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post

What happens to a driver that has a history of dui's, reckless driving and speeding tickets? They won't cover his ass.

That's a matter of opinion, and due to the fact that many medical procedures are entirely inaccessible to those without insurance (not just due to cost but you literally cannot receive them), it can be the opinion of whether or not you have a right to live.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

So a woman who's had a C-section at her doctor's instruction or a kid who gets cancer is in the same category as somebody who makes a choice to drive drunk? Gotcha.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-08-2017)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    So a woman who's had a C-section at her doctor's instruction or a kid who gets cancer is in the same category as somebody who makes a choice to drive drunk? Gotcha.

Nope. We are no more entitled to health insurance as we are to auto insurance.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Nope. We are no more entitled to health insurance as we are to auto insurance.
    So folks who have serious health issues and are denied insurance or are forced to pay unaffordable rates just...go bankrupt and die? Sounds great. Stay healthy, partna.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts

1. You don't have to drive a car.

2. You do need health care if you intend to live a somewhat decent life

3. Stop the ****ty comparison.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    So folks who have serious health issues and are denied insurance or are forced to pay unaffordable rates just...go bankrupt and die? Sounds great. Stay healthy, partna.
    What did these people do before Obamacare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    what will you do ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.