Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: AHCA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Jennifer Gunter‏ @DrJenGunter

Imagine hitting your insurance cap when you baby is 4 weeks old? That could happen to many parents of 26 week babies
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Can people on this board tell me how the **** we survived before ACA?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (06-23-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Guess all that bitching and moaning about Obamacare and how the Republicans could do better was really just a pile of crap. Glad to know these frauds are going to ruin the 1/6 of our economy and do nothing to actually improve healthcare.

It's truly amazing how in less than a year, I've gone from leaning conservative on most issues to hating them. God they've been so bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Indeed... they have been bad.

My question to the board on the last page was : what specifically do you not like about the bill (that won't pass)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Michael Phillips‏ @wholeexpanse 20h20 hours ago

Make people understand, Medicaid keeps people like me out of institutions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Nothing better than the emotional argument.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    A fantastic Q&A with Rand Paul, who explains his opposition to the bill, why capitalism would help, and how we deal with the medicaid problem.

I'd encourage you to watch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Nothing better than the emotional argument.
    Well, there is the reality of the situation.
    Call it emotional or call it whatever word you want end f the day, Michael will lose coverage.

"but for the grace of god there go I "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    saw this to pass on

" I keep thinking of Tom MacArthur, the Republican congressman from New Jersey. Some years ago he lost his 11-year-old daughter to cancer, the worst thing a human being can experience. In January he said that because of this, because he saw the million-dollar medical bill, he could never vote to take someone else’s insurance away. Then after the first AHCA died because it wasn’t sadistic enough for the Freedom Caucus, it was resurrected a month later, and Tom MacArthur wrote the amendment that made it palatable to the Freedom Caucus this time. He’s the reason it got a second chance, and what empowered the senate to make their own version. MacArthur is worth tens of millions, he’s one of the richest men in congress, he has no use for a lobbyist’s money, and the tax cuts he stands to gain are a sliver of his overall wealth. Congress has never been a place known for upstanding citizens, but we’re dealing with a level of evil that normal people are having a hard time wrapping their heads around."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    1. I'd like to understand what specifically the board doesn't like about the bill (I've asked 3 times now)

2. I'd like to understand how the government is "kicking people off" their medical coverage.

Thanks in advance

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    For one, higher deductibles are most likely when the high deductibles was one of the GOP's and Trump's main beefs with ACA. I suppose my premiums may drop a bit, but not likely and if so not that much. Probably less coverage and more out of pocket costs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    For one, higher deductibles are most likely when the high deductibles was one of the GOP's and Trump's main beefs with ACA. I suppose my premiums may drop a bit, but not likely and if so not that much. Probably less coverage and more out of pocket costs.
    Anything specifically from the bill you're referring to?

A lot of people - especially younger and healthy people - really like high deductible plans

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Anything specifically from the bill you're referring to?

A lot of people - especially younger and healthy people - really like high deductible plans
    Not that I know of. They aren't going to write in there specifically that people are going to get screwed when the objective is to pass it. This is mostly based off numerous analyses I've read. I'm still reading the entire thing which is incredibly complex like the ACA and going to be rushed through like the ACA. I'm curious if you can tell me what you specifically like about it.

Yes, young and healthy people will benefit from it based on those projections. Every bill has winners and losers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Not that I know of. They aren't going to write in there specifically that people are going to get screwed when the objective is to pass it. This is mostly based off numerous analyses I've read. I'm still reading the entire thing which is incredibly complex like the ACA and going to be rushed through like the ACA. I'm curious if you can tell me what you specifically like about it.

Yes, young and healthy people will benefit from it based on those projections. Every bill has winners and losers.
    I don't particularly like it. I think it is better than ACA because it removes the individual mandate and also removes subsidies from healthy people to not-healthy people, which I support. But the bill is garbage as it's basically further tangling government into health care, which we need to get away from.

My question to the board was because predictably the usual suspects came here immediately to post how garbage the bill was, but provided no specifics. Not one. And when I asked 3 times, you're the only one who came to the plate and basically said nothing specific.

The bill won't pass. The process has been depressing to see how they are trying to do it in secret. Many liberty senators never got a chance to read it or be a part of it.

Rand Paul re-introduced the "read the bills" legislation in response to this. The fact that it wasn't passed the first time is laughable, and it won't pass this time either. Because our government is a bunch of crony-corporatist, and the larger we let them be, the more liberty will be taken from the people and power given to these crooks.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I don't particularly like it. I think it is better than ACA because it removes the individual mandate and also removes subsidies from healthy people to not-healthy people, which I support. But the bill is garbage as it's basically further tangling government into health care, which we need to get away from.

My question to the board was because predictably the usual suspects came here immediately to post how garbage the bill was, but provided no specifics. Not one. And when I asked 3 times, you're the only one who came to the plate and basically said nothing specific.

The bill won't pass. The process has been depressing to see how they are trying to do it in secret. Many liberty senators never got a chance to read it or be a part of it.

Rand Paul re-introduced the "read the bills" legislation in response to this. The fact that it wasn't passed the first time is laughable, and it won't pass this time either. Because our government is a bunch of crony-corporatist, and the larger we let them be, the more liberty will be taken from the people and power given to these crooks.
    Now watch them vote for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    young and healthy has a funny way of turning old and less healthy

just sayin'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    I'm still waiting on those specifics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Larry Levitt‏ @larry_levitt

Under the ACA people with incomes up to 150% of poverty pay an average deductible of $255. In the Senate hill bill it would be over $6,000.

Last edited by 57Brave; 06-25-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    LOLGOP‏ @LOLGOP 36m36 minutes ago

LOLGOP Retweeted Larry Levitt

For people who earn 150% of poverty, TRUMPCARE WILL INCREASE THEIR DEDUCTIBLES BY MORE THAN 2300%.

BY MORE THAN 2300%

BY MORE THAN 2300%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    LOLGOP‏ @LOLGOP 36m36 minutes ago

LOLGOP Retweeted Larry Levitt

For people who earn 150% of poverty, TRUMPCARE WILL INCREASE THEIR DEDUCTIBLES BY MORE THAN 2300%.

BY MORE THAN 2300%

BY MORE THAN 2300%
    ooooooh so when someone posts that their healthcare premium rises 2300%, do I have the right to mock them and not believe them for years?