Thread: AHCA

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752

So a kinda quick run.

Only saves 120 billion over a decade for loss of coverage of about 24 million and higher premiums.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    A bill to dismantle the Affordable Care Act that narrowly passed the House this month would leave 14 million more people uninsured next year than under President Barack Obama’s health law — and 23 million more in 2026, the Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday. Some of the nation’s sickest would pay much more for health care.

The House bill would reduce federal budget deficits by $119 billion over a decade, less than the $150 billion in savings projected in late March for an earlier version of the bill, but still substantial, Republicans said.

we spend over 600 billion a year on the military budget.

how pathetic
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Montana GOP House candidate arrested for assaulting a reporter that asked about CBO scoring of ACHA.

2 points

ACHA is proving indefensible

Trump won Montana by 20. The state has one Rep and before this incident the election was a toss up.
    A 20 (or more) point swing since November
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Montana GOP House candidate arrested for assaulting a reporter that asked about CBO scoring of ACHA.

2 points

ACHA is proving indefensible

Trump won Montana by 20. The state has one Rep and before this incident the election was a toss up.
    A 20 (or more) point swing since November
    People should really look into Montana politics. If the Democratic Party looked at what the Montana Dem party and Bullock accomplished they'd have more blue in red states. It's hilarious. It's anti Washington but leave us alone and let us have left wing platforms by ourself. The ads Bullock ran were hilarious. Public lands. Public education. Social Security. Ended with an I stand against Barack Obama at the end. In a state trump won by 20 you'd think those wedge issues wouldn't be winning but it's how Dems manage to still win big positions in Montana. So upset I didn't get to live there and work for my buddy with the Dem Party last year.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Reinforcing my point yesterday that Fox News as we know it is a thing of the past.
    Roger Ailes' Fox would have never allowed this statement see the light of day:

-Fox news report

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    I expect the pendulum to swing massively to the Democrats and they will get both Congress and the Presidency in 2020 so long as they don't run Hilldog again. If they don't use that to legalize weed I will swear vengeance against them. If they actually run a pro legalization candidate I will vote Democrat for the first time in my life and I will continue to do so until it becomes political suicide to even suggest reversing it. I can deal with their cuckoo for coco puffs economics for a while because a good economy does not do me any good or I am in prison. The benefits of legalization should counteract any economic damage they do anyways.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I expect the pendulum to swing massively to the Democrats and they will get both Congress and the Presidency in 2020 so long as they don't run Hilldog again. If they don't use that to legalize weed I will swear vengeance against them. If they actually run a pro legalization candidate I will vote Democrat for the first time in my life and I will continue to do so until it becomes political suicide to even suggest reversing it. I can deal with their cuckoo for coco puffs economics for a while because a good economy does not do me any good or I am in prison. The benefits of legalization should counteract any economic damage they do anyways.
    By 2020 it will at least be a discussion of decriminalizing. As it is right now, something like 21 states have decriminalized weed, with a handful more having it on the ballot. Odds are by 2020 aside from the most conservative states, weed will be decriminalized.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    It's hard for me to trust Democrats have the balls to legalize after Obama wasted 8 years. At a bare minimum Obama should have got it removed from schedule 1. The basis for being schedule 1 is that a drug has no medicinal value. We have ****ing medical marijuana but it's still schedule 1. That schedule also prevents studies about weed which allows jackasses like Hillary to say "we need to wait for more studies" when she knows damn well that they can't be done until it's resecheduled.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Ah there we go again with "should"s

Agree with you 100% but this battle has been going on for over 50 years
    I don't get how or why people expect things to change on a dime. Our system was purposely created to be deliberate.
    If people vote for legislators that are thoughtful and progressive 2020 is a doable goal
    But as long as people vote for pie in the sky long shots and Nazi's it will never happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    At a bare minimum Obama should have got it removed from schedule 1. The basis for being schedule 1 is that a drug has no medicinal value. We have ****ing medical marijuana but it's still schedule 1. That schedule also prevents studies about weed which allows jackasses like Hillary to say "we need to wait for more studies" when she knows damn well that they can't be done until it's resecheduled.
    i 100% agree with this
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Ah there we go again with "should"s

Agree with you 100% but this battle has been going on for over 50 years
    I don't get how or why people expect things to change on a dime. Our system was purposely created to be deliberate.
    If people vote for legislators that are thoughtful and progressive 2020 is a doable goal
    But as long as people vote for pie in the sky long shots and Nazi's it will never happen
    I am ready to vote for some progressives to get legalization but they have to run them first. If Hillary had won we would be stuck with atleast 8 more years of prohibition. Its only a doable goal in 2020 because she lost.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    If the politics were right, which they aren't yet, she would jump in line as Obama did over LBGT.

Personally I see more pressing issues to spend political capital.

General health care being number 1 and education right behind it.
    2020 is doable regardless the President.
    Save Pence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    stopping ruining peoples lives over pot is a huge issue and is an easy one to correct too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    stopping ruining peoples lives over pot is a huge issue and is an easy one to correct too
    The hypocrisy of alcohol vs pot is a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    If the politics were right, which they aren't yet, she would jump in line as Obama did over LBGT.

Personally I see more pressing issues to spend political capital.

General health care being number 1 and education right behind it.
    2020 is doable regardless the President.
    Save Pence

Pot is more popular than Hillary so I dont see how the politics arent right. 60% of people support it. My stance on Hillary is the same as hers on pot "Against in every sense of the word"

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Take for granted you live in Louisiana.
    What is the stance of the state Senate on Normalization ?

You seem to have the notion the head of yhe feferal ecevuyive branch has unlimited authority to dictate law.
    My reasoning why education is our number two priority

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Here is a handy flow chart for how either Congress or the executive branch could reschedule a drug.

I live in Houston, LA is a he'll hole. The state Senate here had a bill to decriminalize but won't place it on the docket for consideration. The local DA here in Houston ran on decriminalization and won. She decriminilized by telling police they will refuse to prosecute weed cases less than 40 grams.

I expect legalization to come by a court case. The logic behind prohibition is so bad that it's only been upheld because the judges presiding over the case had biases from growing up in the reefer madness propaganda ERA. The federal government says they have the power to regulate marijuana based on their power to regulate interstate commerce. That won't ever change. The other case is Wickard v Filburn from 1942.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

The just of the case is the federal government limited the wheat farmers could grow per acre of land to stabilize prices. One farmer free more wheat than allowed but the extra wheat he used to feed his himself and his farm animals. He wasn't selling it nor was it traveling out of state so its not interstate commerce. The court rules against him saying the extra wheat affected the interstate market for wheat despite not selling it so ruled against him. This case was used to uphold the federal government's power to regulate weed that yiungrow in your own home and smoke yourself because that affects the interstate market for weed. That's some bull****.

I fully expect in the next 20 years prohibition of pot to be declared unconstitutional. We just need some of the old farts who hold a lot of judgeships to die off.

Also, here is Obama's chief administrator of the DEA being a cut.

Even Jeff Sessions can admit heroin is worse than pot.

Here she is making an even bigger ass of herself.

The least Obama could do was appoint a competent person to run the DEA.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 05-27-2017 at 09:09 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (06-14-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Has anyone ever reviewed the track record of CBO scores?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Kasie Hunt‏Verified account @kasie

ALERT: Reporters at Capitol have been told they are not allow to film interviews with senators in hallways, contrary to years of precedent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    LOLGOP‏ @LOLGOP 3m3 minutes ago

The GOP doesn't want cameras on Trumpcare for the same reason banks don't want regulators and Donald Trump clears rooms.