Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: GDT 5/7: Cards at Braves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    And there is nothing wrong with that. But you are first in line to try and make snide comments at people who are critical of some of the Braves moves, as in when you called everyone questioning the Braves calling up Swanson last year dumb because "the Braves see him all the time and know things we don't". And you were leading the charge to send him back down this week after that error, pulling a complete 180 on the subject. When you do things like that you are going to get called out for it.

Posi-brave is fine, but you, thethe, tyree, and clv (though not so much for him lately) go out of your way to make jabbing comments that cause just as many issues as Enscheff does, it's a vicious cycle that leads to countless derailed threads. I think the biggest issue is the black/white attitude many on the posi-brave spectrum have, being critical of certain moves doesn't mean someone doesn't have hope for the Braves future. Hell, I like many of our players in the minors and have positive vibes about our future for the most part (I just see that future starting in 2019 realistically).

People in the middle/realist/stats oriented like myself, nscapi, 76, wupk, and smootness seem to be able to have genuine discussions even when we disagree, which is quite often really. But there is way too much if you aren't with us you are against us stuff on this board, and that I have issues with. It's fine to be like thethe and see the rainbow in every cloud, just don't get pissed or surprised when people aren't joining you on that trip to Honahlee.

Fair enough but I don't have a problem with people giving me ****. I have never sent any mod a pm complaining about any poster or asking to ban them. I didn't want Enscheff suspended. I have always given negative people here ****. What grinds my gears is when people make negative projections and act as if they are fact. If someone thinks the Braves will win 73 games that's fine but acting as if there is no other possible outcome is stupid. I didn't roast people about Swanson because I was right. I didn't predict him to come up and hit well. I roasted people for their negativity.

I personally have no problem being roasted when things go bad but I will give it back to them two fold when things are going good. And maybe my memory is fuzzy but I don't believe I ever resort to make calling. I will mock the **** out of people but **** talking is part of being a fan.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Struggles happen and I'm not mad that the team isn't good. I mean, look at the majority of the product we have. It's just frustrating that the front office keeps lying.

I do believe the FO thought Colon, Dickey and Garcia would be large upgrades over the crap we threw out there last year, but come on... the 2017 team is better than what we are seeing, but they're not a wild card contender.

If we don't at least win 80 next year, there needs to be some changes, that's for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Colon has been a yuge upgrade....Hart knows him from way back....also Hart is an incredible mentor to JC....for some reason I feel compelled to mention that

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-08-2017), The Chosen One (05-08-2017)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    I've posted about ten times since before spring training, not particularly sunny, so it's not my positiveness that has you out of joint. And I love the discussion of what's wrong and what needs to be done and where we go from here, including those with saber spins. Good stuff. I just can't stand that guy beating the drum on the people who post here and showing his ass day in, day out. He's relentless and effective. They should offer him a job at Gitmo.

And I understand where you're coming from on thethe, but for whatever reason when he gets uberoptimistic I can easily let it go, unlike the sarcasm and asshole tone of the other guy. I've put him on ignore, we'll see if that does it.

If I start talking in somewhat technical terms about pitchers' issues and, while integrating saber stuff in there, talking about the actual art and science of playing the game rather than just the stats as the end game, it'd be nice if guys would pick up the discussion and say what they're seeing and their thoughts. My comments on Wisler the other night on another thread were an example. I felt like I was talking baseball, other guys were talking probabilities and outcomes. Of course it's unlikely that he will ever do much, I don't think that's in doubt. Most prospects flame out. The interesting question to me is, what does he need to do to get there? And it seems like we have a dearth of people who want to discuss that.

All right. Enough for me. Go Braves.
    Wisler needs an out pitch. Right now he doesn't have one. His FB isn't especially fast in today's game and it's straight enough it doesn't get missed. He probably needs to learn something like a cutter if he can. If he can get one out pitch the rest of his arsenal will probably play.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Struggles happen and I'm not mad that the team isn't good. I mean, look at the majority of the product we have. It's just frustrating that the front office keeps lying.

I do believe the FO thought Colon, Dickey and Garcia would be large upgrades over the crap we threw out there last year, but come on... the 2017 team is better than what we are seeing, but they're not a wild card contender.

If we don't at least win 80 next year, there needs to be some changes, that's for sure.
    Teams get hot and cold. I think last years team got hot to end the season and played better than they actually were and built a false confidence based on unsustainable play given the talent.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Colon has been a yuge upgrade....Hart knows him from way back....also Hart is an incredible mentor to JC....for some reason I feel compelled to mention that
    The Braves created a new position for Hart. They created a new position for JS twice.

Wonder what new position they'll create for Hart when things go so downhill he won't be the de facto GM anymore and retires.
    Forever Fredi

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Wisler needs an out pitch. Right now he doesn't have one. His FB isn't especially fast in today's game and it's straight enough it doesn't get missed. He probably needs to learn something like a cutter if he can. If he can get one out pitch the rest of his arsenal will probably play.
    Ironically his slider is a good swing and miss pitch. It's just his other two pitches get crushed. I'd agree that if he had more movement on his fastball then his slider would see more play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    The Braves created a new position for Hart. They created a new position for JS twice.

Wonder what new position they'll create for Hart when things go so downhill he won't be the de facto GM anymore and retires.
    I want him manning a radar tower in Alaska by the end of the day. Just mail him his clothes.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-08-2017), jpx7 (05-08-2017), Julio3000 (05-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Just mail him his clothes.
    Do you want to bankrupt the team? Cause that's how you bankrupt the team.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

CyYoung31 (05-08-2017), jpx7 (05-08-2017), Julio3000 (05-08-2017), Tapate50 (05-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post

dance instructor emeritus
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-08-2017 at 11:52 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

CyYoung31 (05-08-2017), jpx7 (05-08-2017), Julio3000 (05-08-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    dance instructor emeritus
    Reality dance show at the Coca-Cola Roxy. JH is the judge, Quad-A MLB free agents as contestants. Winner in the "Most Fun to Dance With" competition gets Boni's spot on the roster or Colon's rotation slot.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

CyYoung31 (05-08-2017), nsacpi (05-08-2017)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Reality dance show at the Coca-Cola Roxy. JH is the judge, Quad-A MLB free agents as contestants. Winner in the "Most Fun to Dance With" competition gets Boni's spot on the roster or Colon's rotation slot.
    There's a Boni Prince Colon joke in there somewhere, but it's obstructed at the moment.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (05-08-2017), nsacpi (05-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    There's a Boni Prince Colon joke in there somewhere, but it's obstructed at the moment.
    if we activated Scott Procter the obstruction might be removed

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

CyYoung31 (05-08-2017), JohnAdcox (05-08-2017), jpx7 (05-08-2017), Julio3000 (05-08-2017), Tapate50 (05-08-2017), The Chosen One (05-08-2017)

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    I want him manning a radar tower in Alaska by the end of the day. Just mail him his clothes.
    You must really hate Alaska and/or radar towers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnAdcox For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (05-08-2017)

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I personally have no problem being roasted when things go bad but I will give it back to them two fold when things are going good. And maybe my memory is fuzzy but I don't believe I ever resort to make calling. I will mock the **** out of people but **** talking is part of being a fan.
    It's the giving it back twofold I'm referring to really. I perfectly understand getting annoyed by certain posters, but it creates a merry go round of derailed threads. And I can't say you've directly name called, but you've definitely made inferences to that nature (something I'm guilty of from time to time myself, though I've tried to scale that back and not let myself be annoyed by things).

And that fact that you saw people questioning Swanson being brought as being negative is kinda an issue all it's own. It was a perfectly normal concern given the circumstances, as has been proven this season. And it wasn't Enscheff annoying you with Swanson, because he actually defended the move at the time (due to him thinking the way years of control was determined would change with the new agreement).

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    If I start talking in somewhat technical terms about pitchers' issues and, while integrating saber stuff in there, talking about the actual art and science of playing the game rather than just the stats as the end game, it'd be nice if guys would pick up the discussion and say what they're seeing and their thoughts. My comments on Wisler the other night on another thread were an example. I felt like I was talking baseball, other guys were talking probabilities and outcomes. Of course it's unlikely that he will ever do much, I don't think that's in doubt. Most prospects flame out. The interesting question to me is, what does he need to do to get there? And it seems like we have a dearth of people who want to discuss that. .
    Agreed there on that end. As far as the scouting goes one of the posters I always like seeing post is Deester, since he sees a ton of minor league games and can often provide some unique insight into the minors that I appreciate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    Agreed there on that end. As far as the scouting goes one of the posters I always like seeing post is Deester, since he sees a ton of minor league games and can often provide some unique insight into the minors that I appreciate.
    I appreciate Deester's reports too. Keep em coming. And I even like the reports that come from the guy who likes to listen to the minor league teams on radio. It is easy to mock, but I think he gets some interesting insights from the announcers who see the team every game. I assume the announcers are at the game.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Good evening, Mr. Phelps.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

CyYoung31 (05-08-2017)