Thread: Braves' tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts

Braves' tickets

What's the best place to buy single tickets? I've been using Ticket Master.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What's the best place to buy single tickets? I've been using Ticket Master.
    stubhub never lets me down

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Hawk (05-08-2017), JohnAdcox (05-08-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    stubhub never lets me down
    With the caveat that their Rainout Policy is weak (as I learned the other night).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (05-08-2017)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    With the caveat that their Rainout Policy is weak (as I learned the other night).
    Never experienced a rainout with them but that sucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Timely thread. I'm looking to buy single game tickets on a week night in early August, and I'm a little stumped on how to play the parking situation as an out of towner. Any recommendations from locals on where to park? I have two young children, so any situation that involves a lot of walking or a lot of waiting will not be a crowd pleaser.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    Timely thread. I'm looking to buy single game tickets on a week night in early August, and I'm a little stumped on how to play the parking situation as an out of towner. Any recommendations from locals on where to park? I have two young children, so any situation that involves a lot of walking or a lot of waiting will not be a crowd pleaser.
    If you get one of the hotels down the street from the Park, the walk isn't too bad. It's uphill/downhill but only took us about 10 minutes.
    Forever Fredi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

dak (05-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    I usually just buy tickets on stubhub also, but I've found that ticket master has a much better price for similar tix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    If you get one of the hotels down the street from the Park, the walk isn't too bad. It's uphill/downhill but only took us about 10 minutes.
    Is the whole area suitable for waking or do I need to stick to certain hotels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Thanks. Will start assessing the hotels . . . hopefully one will have a shuttle to the stadium, but that's probably a pipe dream. My primary experience with MLB games is Cincinnati, and I have a feeling this is going to be a lot more complicated than that.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I was at the Hyatt. sturg was at one of them also a walk's distance away.

For me, the Hyatt was a 2 minute walk to the main road from the hotel (parking lot and passing through another hotel's parking lot). Then another 2 minute walk downhill to the 4-way stop which is where all the traffic cops are. You walk across street, another 1 minute walk but this time uphill, cop is there to stop traffic so you can walk across the street and from there no more delays to get to the Battery, about another 2-3 minute walk to get to the battery. Once you're in the battery, it's actually a lot of space to walk around. Once you get in the park then it feels a little tight, but since I doubt the games you'll be attending will be packed like the first 3 in opening weekend I went to you won't have any issues with that.
    Forever Fredi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

dak (05-08-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Hampton Inn & Suites (Atlanta-Galleria) is an easy (less than 5 minutes) walk, as is the DoubleTree Suites (Galleria).

On the other side of 285 there is a Sheraton Suites, but the pedestrian bridge isn't opened yet so the walk would be less pleasant. There's also an Embassy Suites and a Hampton Inn right by Cumberland Mall, which would probably be a 30/45 minute walk.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

dak (05-08-2017)

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    I've had good luck with eBay, too.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    We stayed at the Embassy Suites Hawk mentioned this past weekend. You could do like apparently half of the people who attended the game and park in their lot and ride the free shuttle. They supposedly check dashboards for parking passes, but I never saw it happen. I did see multiple people get off the shuttle after the game, get into their cars and drive away from the hotel.

Because of all the free-riders taking the shuttle, we used Uber to and from the game. Cheap ride, but it was hit or miss. Our first driver ended up having to back up the on ramp to 285 because she ended up in the wrong lane. She also ended up missing the big ass sign on Cobb Parkway that said RIDESHARING NEXT RIGHT and made the first turn towards the stadium, costing us precious time that could have been used touring the stadium or drinking free beer (see below). It's pretty sad when a guy who's never lived in Atlanta and who's only visited there probably 10-12 times in his life knows the way to the stadium better than a driver who is using a nav system. The pickup situation is not how the Braves or Uber originally described it either. The thing about going to the pickup area, receiving a 4-digit code, and taking the next available driver waiting in line? Yeah, that's bull****. Uber works the same there as it does anywhere else in the world. Still probably better than riding the shuttle back to the hotel though.

Regarding tickets, if you watch StubHub closely you can get some of the Delta Sky Club all-inclusive tickets for $80-$90 each if you wait until around 4:00 or so on the afternoon of the game. That's a pretty good deal considering you get a padded seat, in-seat wait service, a sit down meal (brisket and fried catfish when we were there), and oh by the way FREE BEER (well, not free, but you don't have to pay any extra for it once you've bought your ticket). Wine and well drinks are also included, but who drinks any of that at a baseball game?
    Last edited by DirkPiggler; 05-09-2017 at 08:48 AM.