Thread: Adonis Garcia To The DL

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    The other thing is, he's not good.
    I thought the sense was that he was a reasonably legitimate platoon bat. It's been awhile, but Heyman reported in spring that some scouts believed he was one of the most improved players in spring training.

I'm not sure he fits the particular needs of this moment in that there is no one to platoon him with at this point, but I'm still holding out some hope he turns out to be a decent player while Atlanta waits to see if it can find a 3B of the future.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    If it is Camargo (and him not being the Gwinnett line-up makes that fairly likely), I hope they actually give him some serious ABs at 3B.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    And, besides, we weren't keeping up with the beauty and youth quips.
    I agree, but that's just how meh the guy is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-17-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Such a shame that everybody in the AL Central is playing terribly and Hunter Dozier's not playing at all - Moustakas could be a Brave soon.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    The other thing is, he's not good.
    I think he's good. The question is do you give into him being a platoon guy or since he's still like 23 do you keep letting him hit vs LH in the minors....

Comargo/Ruiz might be a pretty decent platoon. If Rodriquez hadn't gotten hit by a car then he and Ruiz might have been a good platoon.

To me it seems like the Braves want to keep seeing if Ruiz can learn to hit LH better.

Next year if you had Albies at 2B and Camargo and Jace on the roster then you have a lot of positional flexibility if you need to PH for Ruiz late b/c a lefty comes in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    I think Ruiz can settle in to a 725 is OPS guy with average D at 3b. To me, for this team, not a killer while he's cheap.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    The #Braves recalled INF Johan Camargo from Triple-A @GwinnettBraves today. Camargo, 23, hit .307 in 22 games with the G-Braves.
    Get off my lawn!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-17-2017)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    we weren't keeping up with the beauty and youth quips.
    I take full responsibility for that failure, but I hope in that sleep of meh he shall dream of flowers no more.

Last edited by jpx7; 05-17-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (05-19-2017)

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I think he's good. The question is do you give into him being a platoon guy or since he's still like 23 do you keep letting him hit vs LH in the minors....

Comargo/Ruiz might be a pretty decent platoon. If Rodriquez hadn't gotten hit by a car then he and Ruiz might have been a good platoon.

To me it seems like the Braves want to keep seeing if Ruiz can learn to hit LH better.

Next year if you had Albies at 2B and Camargo and Jace on the roster then you have a lot of positional flexibility if you need to PH for Ruiz late b/c a lefty comes in.
    Guess we're fixin' to find out. On the LH thing, you keep trying him against LH until he proves he can't. But I'm sure he'll platoon with a RH hitter. Perhaps the immortal Bonifacio.