Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WEDNESDAY MINORS FINAL: Castro back from DL with homer!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,323 Posts
    Does anybody know about the maximum BABIP one can support in AA? In the Majors .350-.370 seems to be about the limit and I've seen guys in AAA do over .400.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Yeah bench player is most likely his future role, but I'd still rather him get as many at bats as possible and play every day.
    That doesn't make any sense. If he's not a real prospect and will be a bench piece....why do we care if he's getting regular at bats or not?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevilruss View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. If he's not a real prospect and will be a bench piece....why do we care if he's getting regular at bats or not?
    Because no one knows for sure he's only a bench piece. Give him as many opportunities as possible to prove people wrong about that. The upside of that is much higher than promoting him to be a bench player for a team that isn't sniffing the playoffs.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Because no one knows for sure he's only a bench piece. Give him as many opportunities as possible to prove people wrong about that. The upside of that is much higher than promoting him to be a bench player for a team that isn't sniffing the playoffs.
    I've been higher on Camargo than most and he should be in the bigs, if not for us then traded. I think he could develop into a starter in the right situation, which probably isn't Atlanta with Dansby on board. But I agree with those who think he should be getting ABs with us right now. If they move Phillips, there's no question Camargo should be the 2B in his absence.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I've been higher on Camargo than most and he should be in the bigs, if not for us then traded. I think he could develop into a starter in the right situation, which probably isn't Atlanta with Dansby on board. But I agree with those who think he should be getting ABs with us right now. If they move Phillips, there's no question Camargo should be the 2B in his absence.
    I could see him developing into a Simmons level offense. Maybe a little less. But with his arm he would be a pretty good player at that offensive level.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Oh I'd be totally fine with him replacing Phillips at second if he's getting that many at-bats. I'm saying it wouldn't make sense to put him in Atlanta to get one start a week and a few pinch hit appearances.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Oh I'd be totally fine with him replacing Phillips at second if he's getting that many at-bats. I'm saying it wouldn't make sense to put him in Atlanta to get one start a week and a few pinch hit appearances.
    That's a good point. Whatever value he has would be diminished if they made him a bench fixture right now. I just think he will be a starter somewhere during his career. I don't think he'll be an All-Star or anything, but if he shows he can hit at the big league level, his defense is good enough to play (at multiple positions). He's filling out and his power numbers are up from where they were in the lower minors. Could end up being a Prado-type who can play SS consistently.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

CJ9 (06-01-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I could see him developing into a Simmons level offense. Maybe a little less. But with his arm he would be a pretty good player at that offensive level.
    Funny thing is, with his improved offense and elite D...he has at least a chance to end up as good as Dansby. He will never get that chance of course because of Dansby's clout.

In other news....what if we kept Simmons and flipped Oz after we traded for Dansby and moved him over.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Funny thing is, with his improved offense and elite D...he has at least a chance to end up as good as Dansby. He will never get that chance of course because of Dansby's clout.

In other news....what if we kept Simmons and flipped Oz after we traded for Dansby and moved him over.
    Could still move dansby over and flip Albies.