Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 6/9 vs mets

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Would be awesome if Adams could play a passable third with his weight loss. That's unlikely though.
    He's pretty average at 1st so I think it's unlikely he could play 3rd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    He's pretty average at 1st so I think it's unlikely he could play 3rd.
    Agreed. Fun to think about adding freeman and taking out garcia/ruiz. That would make us a top 5 offense in the NL. Heck, we may be there anyway.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Agreed. Fun to think about adding freeman and taking out garcia/ruiz. That would make us a top 5 offense in the NL. Heck, we may be there anyway.
    Wold be hard to crack the top 5. NL is pretty loaded at the top. Would likely need to upgrade 3rd and RF with legit hitters to make that happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Wold be hard to crack the top 5. NL is pretty loaded at the top. Would likely need to upgrade 3rd and RF with legit hitters to make that happen.
    Definitely would need to get more out of third. I think Swanson will be good the rest of the year so that'll help and of course we have to hope that freeman does suffer I'll effects from the wrist.

Need Newcomb to be serviceable and dump colon. Teheran will turn it around. 500 record is still possible this year.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    It is just fun watching a team that is having fun. This is how they played last part of last year. BP has brought a ton of chemistry to this team with his child like antics. Ender just catches everything and the other guys are feeding on it. I also think it will help when your team knows it won't be behind five runs by the second inning every five days. Watch out guys I am about to engage homer mode in 3..2..1

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Does it ever occur to anyone that Swanson was pressing early on? This "Face of the Franchise" thing is a helluva burden to slap on a rookie (and a rookie who skipped AAA altogether).

Anyway, I thought the offense would be terrible and didn't think much of the pitching either. I didn't think Freeman and Kemp would do as well as they have and while I didn't like the Colon signing, I didn't think he'd be this bad. I predicted low-70s for wins and I'm still there.

But they are playing hard (the one undeniable Snitker has instilled) which is always good to see.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-10-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    It is just fun watching a team that is having fun. This is how they played last part of last year. BP has brought a ton of chemistry to this team with his child like antics. Ender just catches everything and the other guys are feeding on it. I also think it will help when your team knows it won't be behind five runs by the second inning every five days. Watch out guys I am about to engage homer mode in 3..2..1
    I agree. I think Phillips and his spark and enthusiasm has been a great add, and I've noticed that Adams (in addition to his good work with the stick) seems like a really positive presence, applauding teammates and always seeming to be on the top step of the dugout to congratulate guys. He's probably happy to have a shot to play every day .... I'm a little sad for him, in that he's going to be headed back to the bench. Ender brings it every day, and Swanson has provided the same kind of spark for the last few games. It all makes for a club that is more fun to watch.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    There's was absolutely nothing wrong with being concerned about Swanson.
    Yes there was. It showed you didn't know baseball as well as you think you do.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    I don't remember anyone saying league's worst offense, and barely anyone saying we would be below average offensively. The reason most people including Enscheff thought we would be at least a mid to high 70 win team was because we thought we'd be an average offense and average pitching team. If people thought we were going to suck offensively the realist contingent such as myself would have been predicting a win total closer to 70ish. Everyone knew we'd be below average defensively due to poor corner OF defense and crap 3B defense, so we were counting on decent offense to hit that win total.
    Pretty sure I projected the offense to be in the middle third of the NL.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Seriously?
    Yes, thewupk was one of the few people I could even think of who thought we'd be in the bottom third of baseball. Most posters said we'd be in the top 2/3. Just because people were giving you crap about your crazy high beliefs about the offense doesn't mean people didn't claim it wasn't going to be an average offense.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    Yes, thewupk was one of the few people I could even think of who thought we'd be in the bottom third of baseball. Most posters said we'd be in the top 2/3. Just because people were giving you crap about your crazy high beliefs about the offense doesn't mean people didn't claim it wasn't going to be an average offense.
    the thread in question was thewupk and enscheff and I don't recall enscheff claiming the offense would be top two thirds.

Doesn't matter it was a lively debate.