Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: They hate us because we bomb them.....

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I just don't have anything left to say. We will never agree on this issue.
    Just do the research and you'll find your answer. During the Ottoman era, Which ran for 600+ years there wasn't those kind of attacks because their interests were local. It's really quite simple. I mean if you choose not to look at history than fine. That's your choice. But saying that the reason terrorists attacked us is cause they're muslim is like saying the Civil War was fought because of fear of central government. Sure it plays a part. But just that. A part. The radical part makes them unafraid to die for their message, but the reason they're being coordinated and recruited in the way that they are has to do with our intervention.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Just do the research and you'll find your answer. During the Ottoman era, Which ran for 600+ years there wasn't those kind of attacks because their interests were local. It's really quite simple. I mean if you choose not to look at history than fine. That's your choice. But saying that the reason terrorists attacked us is cause they're muslim is like saying the Civil War was fought because of fear of central government. Sure it plays a part. But just that. A part. The radical part makes them unafraid to die for their message, but the reason they're being coordinated and recruited in the way that they are has to do with our intervention.
    I'm sure eveyrthing that has ever happened in history was documented somewhere.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'm sure eveyrthing that has ever happened in history was documented somewhere.
    Just do the research, it will change your perspective.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,808 Posts
    Just do the research, it will change your perspective.
    Why should he do research? Our government already told him that they hate us because we're free and "exceptional" and we must constantly bomb and kill them so that we can prove that we're good and they're animals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    OMG you got me!

Still haven't answered my question as to why so many Islamic radicals are causing such a mess in Africa.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,808 Posts
    OMG you got me!

Still haven't answered my question as to why so many Islamic radicals are causing such a mess in Africa.
    I haven't looked at it yet. Just got done with a week in great white north. I will answer when i actually look at it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,808 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    The ignorant ones are the ones that believe it has something to do other than religion.
    Right. I'm ignorant because I think that a country being occupied, bombed, droned, sanctioned, and killed would ever want to retaliate because of that.

I suppose when someone punches you (I imagine it happens all the time to you), you wouldn't want to retaliate.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    And the reason people are intervening in countries they set up shop in are bc they terrorize other countries that are non muslim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    And the reason people are intervening in countries they set up shop in are bc they terrorize other countries that are non muslim.
    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You just totally showed your ignorance. Though I guess I shouldn't expect less.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You just totally showed your ignorance. Though I guess I shouldn't expect less.

Why did Kenya go into Somalia?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Why did Kenya go into Somalia?
    With minimal research, from wikipedia

Throughout much of the 20th century, the Northern Frontier District (NFD) was a part of British East Africa. On June 26, 1960, four days before granting British Somaliland independence, the British government declared that all Somali-inhabited areas of East Africa should be unified in one administrative region. However, after the dissolution of the former British colonies in the region, Britain granted administration of the Northern Frontier District to Kenyan nationalists despite an informal plebiscite demonstrating the overwhelming desire of the region's population to join the newly formed Somali Republic.[1] On the eve of Kenyan independence in August 1963, British officials belatedly realized that the new Kenyan administration was not willing to give up the Somali-inhabited areas it had just been granted administration of. Led by the Northern Province People's Progressive Party (NPPPP), Somalis in the NFD vigorously sought union with their kin in the Somali Republic to the north.[2] In response, the Kenyan government enacted a number of repressive measures designed to frustrate their efforts in what came to be known as the Shifta War.[3] Although the conflict ended in a cease-fire, Somalis in the region still identify and maintain close ties with their kin in Somalia, and see themselves as one people.[4]

In October 2011, a coordinated operation between the Somali military and the Kenyan military began against the Al-Shabaab group of insurgents in southern Somalia.[5][6] The mission was officially led by the Somali army, with the Kenyan forces providing a support role.[6] In early June 2012, Kenyan troops were formally integrated into AMISOM.[7] By September 2012, the Somali National Army and allied Kenyan African Union forces and Raskamboni militia had managed to capture Al-Shabaab's last major stronghold, the southern port of Kismayo, during the Battle of Kismayo.[8]

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    With minimal research, from wikipedia

Throughout much of the 20th century, the Northern Frontier District (NFD) was a part of British East Africa. On June 26, 1960, four days before granting British Somaliland independence, the British government declared that all Somali-inhabited areas of East Africa should be unified in one administrative region. However, after the dissolution of the former British colonies in the region, Britain granted administration of the Northern Frontier District to Kenyan nationalists despite an informal plebiscite demonstrating the overwhelming desire of the region's population to join the newly formed Somali Republic.[1] On the eve of Kenyan independence in August 1963, British officials belatedly realized that the new Kenyan administration was not willing to give up the Somali-inhabited areas it had just been granted administration of. Led by the Northern Province People's Progressive Party (NPPPP), Somalis in the NFD vigorously sought union with their kin in the Somali Republic to the north.[2] In response, the Kenyan government enacted a number of repressive measures designed to frustrate their efforts in what came to be known as the Shifta War.[3] Although the conflict ended in a cease-fire, Somalis in the region still identify and maintain close ties with their kin in Somalia, and see themselves as one people.[4]

In October 2011, a coordinated operation between the Somali military and the Kenyan military began against the Al-Shabaab group of insurgents in southern Somalia.[5][6] The mission was officially led by the Somali army, with the Kenyan forces providing a support role.[6] In early June 2012, Kenyan troops were formally integrated into AMISOM.[7] By September 2012, the Somali National Army and allied Kenyan African Union forces and Raskamboni militia had managed to capture Al-Shabaab's last major stronghold, the southern port of Kismayo, during the Battle of Kismayo.[8]

Kenya is in Somalia bc Al Queda is trying to take over Somalia. The Somliqn people are resisting. Apparently they don't want females to be able to be raped by 3 or less people (which the woman is then arrested).

I ask Zito or Strug to have 1 original opinion. But they can't do it. Google search time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    Kenya is in Somalia bc Al Queda is trying to take over Somalia. The Somliqn people are resisting. Apparently they don't want females to be able to be raped by 3 or less people (which the woman is then arrested).

I ask Zito or Strug to have 1 original opinion. But they can't do it. Google search time!
    Not sure how this can be disputed? Radicals don't go into an area and assimilate into the population. They try to take it over and force everyone to live they way they want.

Its incredible how these groups are almost sainted on this board by some as if they are innocent people who are forced to commit these acts. Just look at their ideology. They do not need any help from anyone to be aggressive and murdering bastards. There is no way that the free world should allow this brand of Islam to spread and by whatever means necessary we need to stop. If for nothing to help liberate women who are held captive within these lands. Now we should not be starting all out land wars/occupations but drone strikes/covert operations/etc.... all need to be continued.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Ummm, you're ignoring (again) ethnic and historical history. That's sadly the thing you and most of the ignorant folk don't get. Africa and the ME were (and in some cases still are) composed of Nomadic tribes. People that have been involved in local squabbles for years. This is on a grander stage as similar allegances are formed, but this kind of **** has been going on in nearly every country for hundreds of years. Most countries were just lucky enough to not have twitter and 24 hour news stations when they went through it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Not sure how this can be disputed? Radicals don't go into an area and assimilate into the population. They try to take it over and force everyone to live they way they want.

Its incredible how these groups are almost sainted on this board by some as if they are innocent people who are forced to commit these acts. Just look at their ideology. They do not need any help from anyone to be aggressive and murdering bastards. There is no way that the free world should allow this brand of Islam to spread and by whatever means necessary we need to stop. If for nothing to help liberate women who are held captive within these lands. Now we should not be starting all out land wars/occupations but drone strikes/covert operations/etc.... all need to be continued.
    These radicals are Somalia nationals for the most part. The group responsible is one of many offshoots of one faction vying for power since 1991 in SOmalia. This isn't new ****. Again a perfect example of why imperialism just doesn't do good.

And before you go around screaming about how they don't want radical muslims, you are ignoring the importance of Islam in Somalia. Islam spread to Somalia circa 800 AD. 85% of the population is Muslim and the Sunni (which this terrorist cell is part of) is the biggest sect of Islam there.

gor
    What amazes me is that for hundreds of years, Africa and the ME despite being cradles of civilizations, have been used as poker chips for the big boys in the east and the west. Pre WWII it was European Colonialism, post WWII it was Cold War fight for COmmunist states and so on so forth. Basically these terrorists were made by the intervention of foreigners who won't let them be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    Ummm, you're ignoring (again) ethnic and historical history. That's sadly the thing you and most of the ignorant folk don't get. Africa and the ME were (and in some cases still are) composed of Nomadic tribes. People that have been involved in local squabbles for years. This is on a grander stage as similar allegances are formed, but this kind of **** has been going on in nearly every country for hundreds of years. Most countries were just lucky enough to not have twitter and 24 hour news stations when they went through it.
    So are you saying that this conflict isn't completely tied to the fact that Al Shahib wants to create a state under Sharia Law and local African countries not wanting that?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    So are you saying that this conflict isn't completely tied to the fact that Al Shahib wants to create a state under Sharia Law and local African countries not wanting that?
    It's part of it for sure. But again there are many many many more issues at hand here than you are admitting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    It's part of it for sure. But again there are many many many more issues at hand here than you are admitting.
    No, you are completely ignoring the fact that radical Islam is trying to be spread into a nation that doesn't want it so the people are fighting back. The rest of the world should follow suit. Sharia Law is dangerous and should not be tolerated even as an outsider looking at another nation. We must free women around the world who are living in fear every day because it is legal to essentially kill them.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    No, you are completely ignoring the fact that radical Islam is trying to be spread into a nation that doesn't want it so the people are fighting back. The rest of the world should follow suit. Sharia Law is dangerous and should not be tolerated even as an outsider looking at another nation. We must free women around the world who are living in fear every day because it is legal to essentially kill them.
    Ignoring ethnic and historical background again. Radical islam has been part of that region for hundreds of years.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Ignoring ethnic and historical background again. Radical islam has been part of that region for hundreds of years.
    Not really. Deep down they hate Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar and even Iran, because they are more westernize and modern. Having no power to enslave, subjugate women and what not based on their law has gotten to them.

They believe in their own power and their violent culture is waning. USA is suffering the same fate but we don't use violence, but subliminally through oligarchies and government binds. We are creating a fiefdom here in the states.

Sure we blow a few up and I think we should leave them alone and then if they come into power, take them out then.