Page 30 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Trade Deadilne Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    Im not the Gm and i know is a very hard job. But if we trade Allard and Soroka for Archer that should be enough? If we do that trade we still have Wright, Anderson, Gohara, Wentz, Muller, Sims, Fried, Toussaints and a set rotation for the next 5 years basically.
    Allard and Soroka isn't getting Archer. It would be enough value for Q, but no way would the Sox trade him for only pitching.

I have a hard time seeing a way the Braves get Q while keeping Albies, Acuna and Maitan. The Sox have to get a top position guy for him.

If they don't I think they failed.

If Coppy gets Q without giving up one of those 3 position prospects he should be commended.

If Coppy gives up position players for pitching, after bitching about how hard it is to acquire position players, the Braves screwed up.

Simple as that really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'd do Allard/Gohara/Camargo for Quintana.

Think that gets it done? I don't know. But a pretty good package.

I'm not trading Albies or Acuna unless someone like Fulmer is coming back
    I think that gets it done. Steep price. Too steep for me. But I seem to rate Gohara a bit more than the consensus.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Would you have traded Teheran for that package 1-2 years ago?

I think Hahn is playing the Braves as a tool to get the Astros or Yanks to come off one of their premium position players.

I can't imagine Coppy is dumb enough to give up any of the Top 3 position prospects in the system for a #2...when they have a million pitchers with #2 upside already in the system.

If this goes down it has to be young pitching for Q. Nothing else makes sense...even from this FO.
    Would I have traded Teheran for BA's #23, #76, and a solid utility option with upside? Absolutely.

But I would have also traded Teheran for less. I wanted to sell him hard

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    I think Allard, Jo-gun, I-me, 10 of Enscheff spread sheets, 25 nsacpi handys and a thethe ultimate back massage should be just enough.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I think that gets it done. Steep price. Too steep for me. But I seem to rate Gohara a bit more than the consensus.
    If Coppy can get Q for 2 pitchers with the upside of Q...that's a no brainer move he needs to make.

I seriously doubt the Sox trade Q for a pure pitching return tho. If Coppy pulls that off I think it's a clear win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Allard and Soroka isn't getting Archer. It would be enough value for Q, but no way would the Sox trade him for only pitching.

I have a hard time seeing a way the Braves get Q while keeping Albies, Acuna and Maitan. The Sox have to get a top position guy for him.

If they don't I think they failed.

If Coppy gets Q without giving up one of those 3 position prospects he should be commended.

If Coppy gives up position players for pitching, after bitching about how hard it is to acquire position players, the Braves screwed up.

Simple as that really
    My take:

Allard + Soroka get Quintana (I would not be in favor of this but this is what I think it will take)

Allard + Soroka + Anderson get Archer (not in favor of this either but my estimate of what it would take)

I agree we should walk away if Albies, Maitan or Acuna have to be in the deal.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I think Allard, Jo-gun, I-me, 10 of Enscheff spread sheets, 25 nsacpi handys and a thethe ultimate back message should be just enough.
    Haha my spreadsheets are protected by US patent. If it was something like the wheel of fortune slot machine math it's worth waaaay more than Quintana!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    My take:

Allard + Soroka get Quintana (I would not be in favor of this but this is what I think it will take)

Allard + Soroka + Anderson get Archer (not in favor of this either but my estimate of what it would take)

I agree we should walk away if Albies, Maitan or Acuna have to be in the deal.
    I think that's a little light for Archer, but I generally agree.

I do that deal for Q though. The Braves are unlikely to have either Soroka or Allard turn into Q, so if they can convert them into Q I think its a good move.

All of this is of course excusing the fact that the Braves are not a contender that should even be considering a move like this. I think they are trying to make this move a year too early, But that's a whole other discussion.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    If we trade away Albies because Phillips can play 2B next year, I'll lose it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (07-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    maybe the see Camargo as their second baseman of the future...similar to the Demeritte reasoning we saw earlier

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No way the braves do this. I'm not interested in trading for pitchers. Play Camargo at 3b next year and let Albies/Acuna get reps along with Sims/Soroka/Allard.

If Camargo shows he's not a fluke then great. If he does then just spend on the biggest 3b possible. Allow the pitching to remain cheap and young.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    I will be irate if any of Albies, Acuna, Allard, or Maitan are included in any deal. They need to be Atlanta mainstays.

If any of these guys are included, it looks like Coppolela and the front office sold out to the casual fan who actually thinks we can make the playoffs this year.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Again why would we pay a contenders price for a pitcher that is really not even an ace. I don't get it.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Sounds like a Snit the Twit recommendation. Always going with the declining "vets" because of the leadership they bring and not because of their ever declining skill set.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Almost EVERY time we have given away young talent for one player...it has been a depressing loss. Wainwright, Dye, Wood...I can go on and on. It's sickening to look back on these trades at about a 80% clip.

If Coppy is smart, he makes "his" offer which is reasonable but low for a trade deadline acquisition. It makes sense to do that. We are nowhere close to contending, one #2 pitcher is to going to make a difference unless we are close.

Do it like the Astros...do it right...be patient. We might trade 3 #2's to get 1. This is so rediculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Almost EVERY time we have given away young talent for one player...it has been a depressing loss. Wainwright, Dye, Wood...I can go on and on. It's sickening to look back on these trades at about a 80% clip.

If Coppy is smart, he makes "his" offer which is reasonable but low for a trade deadline acquisition. It makes sense to do that. We are nowhere close to contending, one #2 pitcher is to going to make a difference unless we are close.

Do it like the Astros...do it right...be patient. We might trade 3 #2's to get 1. This is so rediculous.
    I don't know about that... you forget all the prospects we have traded that don't work out because they didn't work out... so you don't remember them.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I don't see us giving up Soroka, being so close to the majors and clearly making a huge push as a legit top 20 talent this year. I think Allard is much more likely. Still don't us trading for Quintana but here goes.

I see a trade lining up like this with Atl:

CHI gets Allard, Pache, Sims, Jason Hursh

Braves get Quintana and Swarzak

In this scenario, CHI realizes they aren't getting that elite bat they are hoping for and instead go with a package centered around Allard and Pache (both top 10 prospects in our system). Sims is a very solid secondary piece in this deal and let's them slide him into that open rotation spot.. Hursch is the throw in and is also included to open up a 2nd 40 man spot along with Sims.

This may seem a little lite to some, but Quintana hasn't done them any favors to really drive up the price from this past off season (where no one was giving up that package either).

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I don't know about that... you forget all the prospects we have traded that don't work out because they didn't work out... so you don't remember them.
    THIS>

I really don't want any of these trades, but I remember people being upset because the Braves let Joey Nation go in a trade (JOEY NATION????)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    [QUOTE=zbhargrove;407548]I don't know about that... you forget all the prospects we have traded that don't work out because they didn't work out... so you don't remember them

If we are ready to contend....do you think we are. As good as Sale is (which is way better than these #2's discussed)...he didn't fit with OUR timeline. It's too early ....way too early. Mark my words, we give away players for one of these guys (who by the way aren't setting the world on fire), and this will be HO all over again.

The White Sox for example have a great farm and a somewhat close record to us. Yet they are SELLING. That's what noncontendong teams do at the deadline. We need to be sellers unless a great deal comes along and we all know "great deals" don't usually happen at the deadline...fleecings do.
    Last edited by TheBravos; 07-11-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I don't see us giving up Soroka, being so close to the majors and clearly making a huge push as a legit top 20 talent this year. I think Allard is much more likely. Still don't us trading for Quintana but here goes.

I see a trade lining up like this with Atl:

CHI gets Allard, Pache, Sims, Jason Hursh

Braves get Quintana and Swarzak

In this scenario, CHI realizes they aren't getting that elite bat they are hoping for and instead go with a package centered around Allard and Pache (both top 10 prospects in our system). Sims is a very solid secondary piece in this deal and let's them slide him into that open rotation spot.. Hursch is the throw in and is also included to open up a 2nd 40 man spot along with Sims.

This may seem a little lite to some, but Quintana hasn't done them any favors to really drive up the price from this past off season (where no one was giving up that package either).
    I'd be ok with that package, but again...does Quintana make us a contender...no.