Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2801

Thread: Official 2017 Trade Deadilne Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    You are the guy who has consistently complained that the Braves would only end up with guys with an FV < 50 and now you are suggesting a guy that your man Longenhagen has at a pre-season 45. Not following.
    Sorry, you're going to have to explain how I'm being inconsistent. Not following.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Cordell has a 45 FV on Fangraphs and a 50 FV on mlb (where you claim anyone on two working legs gets a 50). When Blankenthorn was in the conversation (turns out he probably wasn't), you thought he was junk return with the same 50 FV from mlb. Granted, Cordell is higher on Fangraphs (45 FV to 40 FV), but he's older. I guess the other thing is you've talked about bundling to make sure we get a return of someone with an FV > 50. In the suggested deal, we are bundling Garcia and Phillips and still ending up with someone witn an FV < 50. I guess those are the inconsistencies I see. If you like Cordell, so be it. I just think we'd need to get more if we are bundling guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Would I move Teheran in a deal that included Lewis? Maybe, though I can't see a deal with anyone else in that farm system I'd pull the trigger on.

Would I move him for just Lewis? No way.
    I would think about doing a one for one on Lewis. Think he's going to be special. I'd want to also get Gray, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Amen. I think some have a boner for this guy but I don't think he's a top 50 prospect.
    He's easily a top 50 prospect, if not a top 25 very soon.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Amen. I think some have a boner for this guy but I don't think he's a top 50 prospect.
    Lewis is definitely a top 50 prospect right now and with him coming back strong from his injury will only go up after this season. Getting him for Julio 1 v 1 would be a great deal for the Braves.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Lewis is probably a top-25 prospect right now. He's a good prospect and one I wanted last year. But I still wouldn't trade Teheran for him straight up, at least not until he's played a little more in full season ball. His first 5 games there have been great, but it's still a wait-and-see game with him.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-24-2017)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Lewis is probably a top-25 prospect right now. He's a good prospect and one I wanted last year. But I still wouldn't trade Teheran for him straight up, at least not until he's played a little more in full season ball. His first 5 games there have been great, but it's still a wait-and-see game with him.
    If you wait you aren't going to get him. I doubt the Braves can get a top 50 prospect for Teheran anyways.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    If you wait you aren't going to get him. I doubt the Braves can get a top 50 prospect for Teheran anyways.
    That's certainly true on waiting. If he completely blows up, it becomes very tough. But it is the Mariners, they are dumb.

It is laughable to think Teheran can't bring back a top 50 prospect.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    That's certainly true on waiting. If he completely blows up, it becomes very tough. But it is the Mariners, they are dumb.

It is laughable to think Teheran can't bring back a top 50 prospect.
    The concept of surplus value is real and Julio simply doesn't have as much as some people think right now.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    So apparently Seattle is 'all in' and interested in Gray/controllable starters.

Question: would any of y'all move Teheran in a deal for Kyle Lewis?

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/244095...-mix-for-gray/
    Right now, all factors considered (Lewis' knee, Julio's loss of even more velocity and poor results), I would need more than Lewis to trade Teheran. I would need another legit Top 100 guy to even consider it, and probably 1-2 more decent parts to pull the trigger.

If Lewis hadn't hurt his knee, yes, I take him for current-Julio.

If Lewis hasn't hurt his knee and Julio hadn't lost another 1 MPH off his FA velocity this year? Probably not.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Can't disagree with this - yet - but a Julio/Adams for Lewis/Neidert deal would certainly make me at least pause.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    He's easily a top 50 prospect, if not a top 25 very soon.
    on what list? He wasn't top 50 on Klaw's. Was he on BA?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Lewis is definitely a top 50 prospect right now and with him coming back strong from his injury will only go up after this season. Getting him for Julio 1 v 1 would be a great deal for the Braves.
    I have seen him as top 50 on zero lists. Not Klaw. Not baseball america.

I see the arguments that you need to get him now. Maybe he jumps like Acuna....but I'm not trading JT for a top 60 prospect. I'd rather trade Newcombe. Or Garcia now and Weigel for later.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    I have seen him as top 50 on zero lists. Not Klaw. Not baseball america.

I see the arguments that you need to get him now. Maybe he jumps like Acuna....but I'm not trading JT for a top 60 prospect. I'd rather trade Newcombe. Or Garcia now and Weigel for later.
    Baseball America had him #30 to start the year and then at #62 while not playing any games. How that's possible I'm not sure. And in the 5 games since he's come back he's been beasting.

I think you are over estimating what Julio will bring back. He's been bad two out of of the last 3 years, has declining stuff, getting more expensive, and losing years of control. The knee issue is certainly a cause for concern with Lewis but you aren't going to get much better and his upside is huge.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Right now, all factors considered (Lewis' knee, Julio's loss of even more velocity and poor results), I would need more than Lewis to trade Teheran. I would need another legit Top 100 guy to even consider it, and probably 1-2 more decent parts to pull the trigger.

If Lewis hadn't hurt his knee, yes, I take him for current-Julio.

If Lewis hasn't hurt his knee and Julio hadn't lost another 1 MPH off his FA velocity this year? Probably not.

am I missing something. JT Velocity is exactly the same as last year?
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    If you can't get a top 50 guy you don't deal him. JT is too valuable. He could get back to himself. If he doesn't he's still a decent starter on a solid deal who keeps the Johns from calling up a bunch of teenagers. His value in keeping Allard and Soroka down is real for me.

I'm not trading JT for a guy in A ball. IF he goes I need at least one guy that solves an organizational hole in 18. For Lewis to be the headliner I at least need a back end starter in 2018 who can keep the Johns from buying another washed up vet or pitching a 19 yo on another bad team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I think Julio's issue is gonna be suntrust more than anything. I think getting him outta there and somewhere else is going to be good for him and us.

I think you would be buying WAY low on Lewis (who knows what Seattles FO is thinking) and could potentially steal him before his value skyrockets.
    Ivermectin Man

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I think Julio's issue is gonna be suntrust more than anything. I think getting him outta there and somewhere else is going to be good for him and us.

I think you would be buying WAY low on Lewis (who knows what Seattles FO is thinking) and could potentially steal him before his value skyrockets.

Safeco is likely the best place Julio could go to as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Baseball America had him #30 to start the year and then at #62 while not playing any games. How that's possible I'm not sure. And in the 5 games since he's come back he's been beasting.

I think you are over estimating what Julio will bring back. He's been bad two out of of the last 3 years, has declining stuff, getting more expensive, and losing years of control. The knee issue is certainly a cause for concern with Lewis but you aren't going to get much better and his upside is huge.
    I think you are underestimating him based on what he used to do. He's been good away from home. He could be going down.

He's still a bargain next year if he's in the 1 WAR area. I think it's not a lot to think he'll at least be a 1 WAR guy. He's 0.4 now and has had rough times.

He makes 8 million next year. Then 11. Then you have a 1 million buy out or a 12 million salary. He's cheap even if he sucks. He costs less than Jamie Garcia.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    If you can't get a top 50 guy you don't deal him. JT is too valuable. He could get back to himself. If he doesn't he's still a decent starter on a solid deal who keeps the Johns from calling up a bunch of teenagers. His value in keeping Allard and Soroka down is real for me.

I'm not trading JT for a guy in A ball. IF he goes I need at least one guy that solves an organizational hole in 18. For Lewis to be the headliner I at least need a back end starter in 2018 who can keep the Johns from buying another washed up vet or pitching a 19 yo on another bad team.
    That's one way to handle it. But the further it goes a long the less he will be worth. Maybe he is more valuable to the Braves than he is on the open market for a trade.