Page 28 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Trade Deadilne Thread

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Rosenthal said the Twins are looking for controllable starters. Not sure there's an obvious fit with them for a Teheran deal. There's no way they'd give up Nick Gordon and there's not much else I like in the system outside of the recent draft class that can't be dealt until the offseason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Rosenthal said the Twins are looking for controllable starters. Not sure there's an obvious fit with them for a Teheran deal. There's no way they'd give up Nick Gordon and there's not much else I like in the system outside of the recent draft class that can't be dealt until the offseason.
    Let's just get Byron Buxton some new scenery, lol

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Let's try to find a trade partner for Jaime Garcia. Since he is a 4/5 SP, and won't be getting any playoff starts, teams that have a playoff spot locked up don't need him. That leaves the Yanks, Rays, Jays, Twins, Royals, Angels, Rangers, Brewers, Cubs, and Cards.

Off to the splits leader boards!!

We are looking for teams who don't have 5 SPs producing positive fWAR so far this year over 40+ IP (half the workload a legit SP should have pitched so far). That leaves us with:

Rays - Odorizzi at -0.2 fWAR
    Angels - Nolasco at -0.2 fWAR
    Rangers - Nick Martinez at 0.0 fWAR
    Cubs - Lackey at -0.1 fWAR

We know the Cubs are setting their sights on a SP higher than Garcia, so I'm going to count them out.

Considering the Angels also need an upgrade at 2B, they might be a prime destination for a BP/Garcia package.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-11-2017 at 03:52 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-11-2017), jpx7 (07-11-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    And for completeness, here are the worst contender's production from 1B:

Angels -1.7 fWAR
    Yanks -1.2 fWAR

Angels could improve their 2nd half by 3+ wins if they traded for BP, Adams and Garcia.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-11-2017), jpx7 (07-11-2017)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    My recollection is that BP gets an extra $.5M or $1M bump should the Braves trade him during the year. I think I recall that that is what held up the trade originally.

Does that increase or decrease the chances of DAT DUDE being traded?... or of no consequence? I can't believe the Braves would have agreed to it if it were going to limit their ability to move him.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Actually kinda wonder if they'd go far enough - Gonsalves should be ready next season, and Mitch Garver could turn out to be a nice piece to pair with Flowers (especially if he's extended), but I'm not sure that's enough. LaMonte Wade and Wander Javier actually look at least a little intriguing depending on what our scouts have seen.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Let's try to find a trade partner for Jaime Garcia. Since he is a 4/5 SP, and won't be getting any playoff starts, teams that have a playoff spot locked up don't need him. That leaves the Yanks, Rays, Jays, Twins, Royals, Angels, Rangers, Brewers, Cubs, and Cards.

Off to the splits leader boards!!

We are looking for teams who don't have 5 SPs producing positive fWAR so far this year over 40+ IP (half the workload a legit SP should have pitched so far). That leaves us with:

Rays - Odorizzi at -0.2 fWAR
    Angels - Nolasco at -0.2 fWAR
    Rangers - Nick Martinez at 0.0 fWAR
    Cubs - Lackey at -0.1 fWAR

We know the Cubs are setting their sights on a SP higher than Garcia, so I'm going to count them out.

Considering the Angels also need an upgrade at 2B, they might be a prime destination for a BP/Garcia package.
    Don't think we know which teams BP has a no trade clause for, though. Also, do the Angels have anything worth giving us?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Don't think we know which teams BP has a no trade clause for, though. Also, do the Angels have anything worth giving us?
    It won't take much to get guys like BP and Garcia.

The Angels best prospect is Jahmai Jones, a toolsy FV 50 OFer in A ball that is a Top 100ish guy. They have an even younger (or less experienced) OF in Rk ball named Brandon Marsh that is interesting.

They are 3 games behind the Rays for the 2nd WC slot with 2 other mediocre teams in their way (Twins and Royals), and they are about to get the best player on the planet back in their lineup.

Would they be motivated to push what little prospect assets they have to make a playoff push this year? Hard to say, but the trio of BP/Garcia/Adams would improve them fairly significantly, and would require taking on minimal payroll.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-11-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Since someone has pointed out that Freeman just might not win a Gold Glove at 3B, why not trade Demeritte and Tyler Pike for Prado and $10 million and platoon Kemp and Adams in LF?
    Why would we trade anything of value for Prado? And I'm a Prado fan. But you're trading not 1, but 2 worthwhile prospects for someone with a sub .700 OPS and who will be 34 in a few months... Why???

And yes, I see that you're having them eat money, but it's rather pointless. They'll likely be forced to eat money to trade him anyways.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

clvclv (07-11-2017), jpx7 (07-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    It won't take much to get guys like BP and Garcia.

The Angels best prospect is Jahmai Jones, a toolsy FV 50 OFer in A ball that is a Top 100ish guy. They have an even younger (or less experienced) OF in Rk ball named Brandon Marsh that is interesting.

They are 3 games behind the Rays for the 2nd WC slot with 2 other mediocre teams in their way (Twins and Royals), and they are about to get the best player on the planet back in their lineup.

Would they be motivated to push what little prospect assets they have to make a playoff push this year? Hard to say, but the trio of BP/Garcia/Adams would improve them fairly significantly, and would require taking on minimal payroll.
    I'd take a flyer on either one of those. Jones does look interesting. If we can get something like that, go for it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Why would we trade anything of value for Prado? And I'm a Prado fan. But you're trading not 1, but 2 worthwhile prospects for someone with a sub .700 OPS and who will be 34 in a few months... Why???

And yes, I see that you're having them eat money, but it's rather pointless. They'll likely be forced to eat money to trade him anyways.
    The Braves wouldn't, just like they wouldn't use a Kemp/Adams platoon in LF. These are terrible, terrible ideas posted by someone who knows almost nothing about baseball or the Braves.

Clv has literally never posted an intelligent idea. This is the type of drivel he peddles at his blog too.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Prado's time for us has passed, unless they just give him away...which won't happen. Too much money for a older guy who is having problems even staying in the line-up. I like the guy, but not for us. We need to trade for a young controlable guy that matches our window. Those won't come cheap, but they will at least be worth it, if it's the right guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Prado's time for us has passed, unless they just give him away...which won't happen. Too much money for a older guy who is having problems even staying in the line-up. I like the guy, but not for us. We need to trade for a young controlable guy that matches our window. Those won't come cheap, but they will at least be worth it, if it's the right guy.
    I think they will give him away. For a C prospect.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Carmen DeFalco‏
    @CarmenDeFalco
    Some Q stuff; from source, "stating to feel like it won't be long. Braves making push since weekend. Brewers and Rockies, too." #WhiteSox

"Scott Carasik‏
    @CarasikS
    Follow
    More
    Braves are pushing hard for Quintana from the White Sox. Large package of prospects looking like what gets deal done.WS want a top 3 org bat"

He also said:

"Braves hesitant to part with Maitan, Acuna or Albies, though. Especially the latter as those two should be up at some point in 2018. One more note here: Braves would be most likely to part with Albies as Phillps and Camargo can both play 2B through 2017 and into 2018. And if the Braves trade Albies, it means they could be looking at Demeritte as the long-term option at 2B instead

Also of note, raBBit on twitter just said:

"Yeah I'm leaning towards Q never pitches for Sox again."

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Thanks oak. But ugh.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (07-12-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    The Braves are sorely mistaken if they think they are a single SP away from being a playoff team, especially if that means downgrading from Albies to Camargo/Demeritte at 2B.

We may be about to see a non-contender make a "win now" move at the cost of tens of million of dollars in future surplus value.

If it goes down, this trade will mark when the rebuild died.

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Please don't blow up the rebuild to trade for Quintana. He's gonna lose value here and we'll look like idiots for buying. He's already been mildly worse than last year and is giving up more HRs.

Plus we're not that close.
    Last edited by Managuarantano's Volunteers; 07-11-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I think it would take two of Albies, Acuna, Wright, Soroka, Allard to get Quintana. I wouldn't do it at that price.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    The Braves are sorely mistaken if they think they are a single SP away from being a playoff team, especially if that means downgrading from Albies to Camargo/Demeritte at 2B.

We may be about to see a non-contender make a "win now" move at the cost of tens of million of dollars in future surplus value.

If it goes down, this trade will mark when the rebuild died.
    Hate to agree with you, but you're right. Quintana, while very good, I don't know if he can be considered an ace. He's close I guess and he's been pitching much better recently. But honestly, I'd rather trade Swanson than Albies. I know our FO won't give up the hair, though. We definitely cannot give up Maitan or Acuna.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura's Stolen Bases View Post
    Please don't blow up the rebuild to trade for Quintana. He's gonna lose value here and we'll look like idiots for buying. He's already been mildly worse than last year and is giving up more HRs.

Plus we're not that close.
    Not to get into semantic too much, because I agree not to give up the farm for Quintana, but slightly worse than last year? He was fantastic last year.