Page 47 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Trade Deadilne Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Even with a perfect storm brewing, I can't see Julio's value higher than last deadline. Again, if Coppy was trying for Quintana...he isn't trading Julio. If we saw some of the offers he's turned down...we might pass out.
    More likely you wouldn't.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Even with a perfect storm brewing, I can't see Julio's value higher than last deadline. Again, if Coppy was trying for Quintana...he isn't trading Julio. If we saw some of the offers he's turned down...we might pass out.
    I'm guessing rival GMs are trying to get Teheran for pennies on the dollar right now. They are smart to do so.

The only reason we'd pass out after seeing these offers is from laughter.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Before anyone asks...

No, no one's interested in scooping up the Hitless Panda after he clears waivers and is released.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Bird also could be out 6-8 more weeks. The Yankees could use Garcia and Adams. Do it.
    They could also use a Gray/Alonso package.

I bet they get one of those packages. It all depends on how much prospect capital they want to spend.

I'd say it's 60% they get Gray/Alonso, 35% they get Garcia/Adams, 5% they do something else.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    They could also use a Gray/Alonso package.

I bet they get one of those packages. It all depends on how much prospect capital they want to spend.

I'd say it's 60% they get Gray/Alonso, 35% they get Garcia/Adams, 5% they do something else.
    Joseph and Nesheck could be a package too. (not a starter, but BP help is always good) The Stankees made a minor trade just recetly where they got a big hitting 1B from the Brewers in exchange for a LHR.. Webb I think is his name..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Joseph and Nesheck could be a package too. (not a starter, but BP help is always good) The Stankees made a minor trade just recetly where they got a big hitting 1B from the Brewers in exchange for a LHR.. Webb I think is his name..
    Brewers got Tyler Webb out of SouthCack in the deal.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    I'm guessing rival GMs are trying to get Teheran for pennies on the dollar right now. They are smart to do so.

The only reason we'd pass out after seeing these offers is from laughter.
    Should have phrased that better, but I meant what we were offered for him last year (not this year). I am amazed that Coppy has held onto Julio, in the same breath while offering young pitchers with better stuff in trades.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Should have phrased that better, but I meant what we were offered for him last year (not this year). I am amazed that Coppy has held onto Julio, in the same breath while offering young pitchers with better stuff in trades.
    He was probably offered lesser packages than the Cubs paid for Q, because Julio was a less valuable asset than Q. Probably a Top 50 guy, a Top 100 guy, and 1-2 more filler guys.

He should have taken that offer, but I think most around here would have been disappointed.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    He was probably offered lesser packages than the Cubs paid for Q, because Julio was a less valuable asset than Q. Probably a Top 50 guy, a Top 100 guy, and 1-2 more filler guys.

He should have taken that offer, but I think most around here would have been disappointed.
    Pretty much. Some fans would have expected a haul because he was the ace of the Braves plus what the Braves got in the Miller deal. That perception was not even close to in line with JT's actual value on the trade market. And I feel the Braves wanted a Miller package for him and simply wouldn't take fair value because they think JT will be a big part of the next contending team.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Pretty much. Some fans would have expected a haul because he was the ace of the Braves plus what the Braves got in the Miller deal. That perception was not even close to in line with JT's actual value on the trade market. And I feel the Braves wanted a Miller package for him and simply wouldn't take fair value because they think JT will be a big part of the next contending team.
    That was the worst miscalculation of the entire rebuild. Even worse than the HO debacle if you don't count the subsequent Kemp debacle as one long horrible cluster****.

Unfortunately, it was clearly the case to everyone but the Braves FO.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    I feel like Julio had way better numbers for the season last year than Quintana does this year. Maybe we wouldn't have gotten quite the haul, but probably somewhere in the ballpark.

Bottom line, if keeping Julio means we don't go out and pay a contenders premium for a starting pitcher (when we have a system full of them)...count me in. The only guys I would trade would be a Sims, Fried and "maybe" Anderson type. That won't get us what Coppy wants...no thanks!!

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    That was the worst miscalculation of the entire rebuild. Even worse than the HO debacle if you don't count the subsequent Kemp debacle as one long horrible cluster****.

Unfortunately, it was clearly the case to everyone but the Braves FO.
    Look at this fvcking guy.

Kemp wasn't a debacle unless you suggest paying millions upon millions for a guy who would never play for your team.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandBrave View Post
    Look at this fvcking guy.

Kemp wasn't a debacle unless you suggest paying millions upon millions for a guy who would never play for your team.
    Yeah, so instead, they are paying millions and millions more for a guy that is terrible.

Brilliant!

You silly twit, just go back to what ever corner you were lurking in before you started posting. The adults are discussing things here. Take a cookie and run along now bud.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Yeah, so instead, they are paying millions and millions more for a guy that is terrible.

Brilliant!

You silly twit, just go back to what ever corner you were lurking in before you started posting. The adults are discussing things here. Take a cookie and run along now bud.
    You gotta learn Island. You can disagree respectfully with most people on the board but if you disagree with Enscheff, you get called out, berated, and are subject to some serious name calling. Usually better to just not take the bait.
    Last edited by mfree80; 07-14-2017 at 07:01 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Teheran is going to be part of the next contending team though.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Rumor Central: Royals interested in rental pitcher, possibly Jaime Garcia

http://www.espn.com/blog/mlb/rumors/...y-jaime-garcia
    http://es.pn/2uiCmpQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Passan: Sources: The Braves made a strong and serious run at Jose Quintana, with an offer that included 20-year-old SS Ozzie Albies.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (07-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    More: Atlanta is not done looking for major league starting pitching. Goal is to use organizational depth to find a frontline, under-control type.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (07-14-2017)

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Passan: Sources: The Braves made a strong and serious run at Jose Quintana, with an offer that included 20-year-old SS Ozzie Albies.
    Glad the Sox turned us down then. Do not want Albies, Acuna, Maitan, Allard, Gohara or Newcomb traded

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    I imagine we try really really hard for Gray or Archer. I think we get Gray, honestly.