Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2801

Thread: Official 2017 Trade Deadilne Thread

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    Mariners are close to acquiring a reliever. Here's hoping it's JJ or Vizcaino.
    I dunno...That's a pretty bad stockpile of prospects. We'd have to go quantity over quality and I think we're past that stage.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBrave View Post
    When the market is headlined by Francisco liriano and Trevor Cahill, its weak. Marco Estrada would be alright but he's been a mess the past 2 months
    Agreed...None of the guys listed there are worth much. You're paying for what they might do instead of what they're currently doing and Jaime is right up there as he's had good stretches over the eyars when healthy. That's what you're hoping for. Also being a lefty helps a lot.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    I woulnd't hesitate to hold if there's not much of a market (and I don't expect there to be much of one).

Always a chance someone wants him in the offseason. He's still a solid player for cheap. You get a guy leaving via FA or getting hurt and then maybe you have a market.

Cardinals are looking for bats....do over trade? :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I actually like keeping Adams. Guy will be a FA next year and those years usually go pretty well. He is a valuable bench bat.
    Ivermectin Man

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I actually like keeping Adams. Guy will be a FA next year and those years usually go pretty well. He is a valuable bench bat.
    yea no issues there, at worst he's a good bench bat.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    yea no issues there, at worst he's a good bench bat.
    Better trade market in the offseason most likely...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I'm really getting tired of having to say this in it seems like every thread. Stop the back and forth nonsense.
    shockingly, there's always one common denominator.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Compared to Jaime Garcia, its pretty strong. You were claiming Garcias value was high because they aren't any better options....there are plenty of better options.
    Trevor Cahill and Liriano is 'pretty strong' in comparison to Jaime Garcia?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Not a bad d vision if the market for Adams isn't there. Like it has been said, we could trade him in the offseason or at the end of spring training
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Now, I feel like we're going to announce a Matt Adams trade shortly.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    No one says that you have to ultimately keep Headley. Let's say the Braves get him and Andujar. Andujar goes to AAA or AA whichever seems best at the time. Headley comes over and plays decently well, according to his historic ability. For the sake of argument, let's say he plays on an annualized 2 WAR basis for the rest of 2017. The Braves could then offer him around in the offseason, maybe even eating some of the contract to get a better return when he's traded (won't be much but better than nothing) - let's say the Braves trade him to ...the Mets for the equivalence of Akeel Morris, a relief pitcher two to three years away, and they have to eat $3M of the salary. Then you give Ruiz the first couple of months in the ML to see what you have giving you time to play Andujar at AAA for at least the first few months of 2018 thereby saving his clock. OR you let Headley and Ruiz compete for the job in ST and let one start while the other is on the bench, all while Andujar is at AAA.

Or you can spend $25M per year on Moustakas or $15M per year on Frazier as FA in the offseason.
    I don't have a problem with that idea at all - except for the fact that this front office has done nothing to make me think they'd try to spin Headley off (or even release him) before he'd stunk up the joint so badly that he had no value. Again, I keep going back to the Bartolo situation and can see the exact same thing happening with Headley. Rodriguez, Camargo, and Ruiz could be outplaying him, but the brass would continually run him out there in hopes that "tonight's when he explodes and instantly rebuilds his value". The Yankees have literally been waiting for that stretch since the day he signed that deal.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I don't have a problem with that idea at all - except for the fact that this front office has done nothing to make me think they'd try to spin Headley off (or even release him) before he'd stunk up the joint so badly that he had no value. Again, I keep going back to the Bartolo situation and can see the exact same thing happening with Headley. Rodriguez, Camargo, and Ruiz could be outplaying him, but the brass would continually run him out there in hopes that "tonight's when he explodes and instantly rebuilds his value". The Yankees have literally been waiting for that stretch since the day he signed that deal.
    I doubt it with Rodriguez, but Headley would be stealing ABs from younger guys who might develop.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (07-20-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Marlins get four prospects for Phelps. Great for them regardless of who it is. Their system depth is just awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Sources: OF Brayan Hernandez is the top prospect heading from Seattle to Miami. Big bonus baby a few years back, high ceiling, only 19.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Sources: While #Astros are in talks with #Athletics on Sonny Gray, they remain interested in Justin Verlander/Justin Wilson deal w/ Detroit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    A healthy Astros team with Gray will win the WS Lol

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    The difference is Headly is still a productive player, and would be a short term commitment

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The difference is Headly is still a productive player, and would be a short term commitment
    That's true as well. Count me as a baseball agnostic when it comes to Headley. Except for his awesome name. Chase Headley. Sounds like a baseball player or television news anchor.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I doubt it with Rodriguez, but Headley would be stealing ABs from younger guys who might develop.
    That's where I have the problem - if you're taking on a bad contract because the player's not performing in order to "buy" a prospect, don't compound the problem by having that *hitty player get in the way of the development of other players that you actually need to see.

I'm not sure that it's an organizational edict that they won't eat money and just cut *hitty vets loose since they finally cut ties with Big Sexy, but signs sure point to that being the case. They kept guys like Bourn around instead of getting a longer look at Mallex, keep guys like EOF (and others) around instead of promoting any of the plethora of young arms scattered throughout the system, etc.. It just seems like they'll do the first part right (taking on the bad contract to get the prospect), only to butcher the second part (use the hole to evaluate the young talent you've acquired).

If you're buying a prospect, buy him, and get on with it. Spend the money and move on.
    Last edited by clvclv; 07-20-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Market for relief seems robust. Coppolella should cash in.