Page 91 of 141 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2801

Thread: Official 2017 Trade Deadilne Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Cameron said on his chat today that Verlander is untradeable with his contract. He basically has the same deal as Kemp with a vesting option making the deal one year longer than Kemp.

Anyone up for a Kemp and Verlander swap? Braves take on an extra 3 million a year and 20 million for 2020. They get a better player at a spot of need. They put SRod in LF and then in the offseason they can look at Dustin Peterson and Acuna.

I'm not sure the Tigers would do a pure dump like that. We'd likely have to throw in something else, but for that money I wouldn't add more than Harrington.
    Not sure I'd do that either. That's a monster contract not to have them eat some cash, but I agree its not moveable as is.
    Ivermectin Man

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Not sure I'd do that either. That's a monster contract not to have them eat some cash, but I agree its not moveable as is.
    What about Kemp + Harrington for Verlander and his salary for the rest of the year? It's a big deal but it's a productive pitcher. I'd rather have Verlander's big deal + Peterson/SRod in LF than Kemp + rental vet. The big problem is that extra 20 million in 2020 but w/o that there is no way the Tigers do the deal. I'm not sure the'd do it anyway. I think they would prefer to trade him for a legit dude and just buy the prospect by sending X million.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I think an interesting deal could be worked out for Verlander. I'd ask the Tigers to pick up 25M of his contract. 10M each in 2018 and 2019. 5 M in 2020 (which would cover the buyout of his option if came to that). In exchange, I'd offer two of Touki, Pache and Wentz.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    O'Neill could be Grichuk who can't play CF. Better minor league stats than Grichuk, but somewhat similar BB/K ratio. No question he's a good hitting prospect. Cardinals always seem to collect guys like this.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Cameron said on his chat today that Verlander is untradeable with his contract. He basically has the same deal as Kemp with a vesting option making the deal one year longer than Kemp.

Anyone up for a Kemp and Verlander swap? Braves take on an extra 3 million a year and 20 million for 2020. They get a better player at a spot of need. They put SRod in LF and then in the offseason they can look at Dustin Peterson and Acuna.

I'm not sure the Tigers would do a pure dump like that. We'd likely have to throw in something else, but for that money I wouldn't add more than Harrington.
    Looks like the option only vests if he finishes in top 5 of the Cy Young balloting. the option is 22 million rather than 28. If you've been paying him 28m for two years, seems like you'd be happy paying him 22 if he was one of the five best pitchers in the league.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    I can't imagine any scenario where the Tigers look to unload salary by trading Verlander, and do so by taking Kemp in return.

Kemp isn't going anywhere. The Braves will be shackled by that contract to the bitter end.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I can't imagine any scenario where the Tigers look to unload salary by trading Verlander, and do so by taking Kemp in return.

Kemp isn't going anywhere. The Braves will be shackled by that contract to the bitter end.
    I think it's right. I was basically using Kemp's money instead of the Tigers eating money. It seemed like a good way to hide for both teams. I don't think the Tigers want to show the mistake and send 30 million in the deal.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    I think it's right. I was basically using Kemp's money instead of the Tigers eating money. It seemed like a good way to hide for both teams. I don't think the Tigers want to show the mistake and send 30 million in the deal.
    That would only save them 10m in 2018 and 2019. Is 20m plus prospects enough? Kind of doubt that unless it really hurts.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Watching the Cubs bullpen totally implode—any chance they might want to pursue the Johnson+Vizcaíno package?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Watching the Cubs bullpen totally implode—any chance they might want to pursue the Johnson+Vizcaíno package?
    Bullpens are funny things. Swap out the rental Chapman for Wade Davis and other than that, the Cubs' pen is pretty much the same as last season. I can see them looking for an upgrade. Doubt they would want Johnson, but I wouldn't be surprised if they inquired about Vizcaino.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-21-2017)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Bullpens are funny things. Swap out the rental Chapman for Wade Davis and other than that, the Cubs' pen is pretty much the same as last season. I can see them looking for an upgrade. Doubt they would want Johnson, but I wouldn't be surprised if they inquired about Vizcaino.
    We need to offer a trade one get one free offer. trade for Vizzy.. get JJ free.**you stilll have to pay his contract
    Coppy

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Vizcaíno for LaStella and Caratini?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Coppy

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Cubs would laugh in our faces!

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    My post disappeared it seems.... Anyway
    Really really want Archer and don't want to trade Julio. First Julio is a quality #2. Second he has a history of having a good to great season following a bad one. Third, I don't believe Folty is ready to be a #2 yet, and who knows with Newcomb. Finally, this is about as low as we've seen his value go, not happy with getting cents on the dollar for a #2 starter.
    So anyone's thoughts on that.
    Second, if people could enlighten me about a few possible packages for Archer.
    Much obliged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc03004 View Post
    My post disappeared it seems.... Anyway
    Really really want Archer and don't want to trade Julio. First Julio is a quality #2. Second he has a history of having a good to great season following a bad one. Third, I don't believe Folty is ready to be a #2 yet, and who knows with Newcomb. Finally, this is about as low as we've seen his value go, not happy with getting cents on the dollar for a #2 starter.
    So anyone's thoughts on that.
    Second, if people could enlighten me about a few possible packages for Archer.
    Much obliged.
    I think we'll go get another pitcher for the 2018 rotation to go along with Teheran, Folty, Dickey and Nook.

Archer would likely cost two of Acuna, Albies, Soroka, Allard and Wright. My guess is that we won't go there and will settle for a lesser starter. A 2-3 win type guy.

"I am your retribution."

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    If were not going to trade for an ace what's the point. But should ask any ideas on who the lesser pitchers might be.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Would pay Albies and one of those pitchers. It would hurt but Archer is an ace who's contract is better then Julios.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc03004 View Post
    If were not going to trade for an ace what's the point. But should ask any ideas on who the lesser pitchers might be.
    Trading for an ace just costs too much. I think the plan is to grow one and I'm hoping they stick to that philosophy. There are a couple guys I could see us trading for this off-season. Verlander. Ian Kennedy. The idea is to find guys who won't cost much in terms of prospects because of their contracts. I would stay away from the free agent market unless we can get someone on a deal that runs less than four years.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-21-2017 at 05:30 PM.

"I am your retribution."

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-21-2017), Tapate50 (07-21-2017)

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Trading for an ace just costs too much. I think the plan is to grow one and I'm hoping they stick to that philosophy. There are a couple guys I could see us trading for this off-season. Verlander. Ian Kennedy. The idea is to find guys who won't cost much in terms of prospects because of their contracts. I would stay away from the free agent market unless we can get someone on a deal that runs less than four years.
    Grrrrr. I understand all that but pitchers like Archer are not usually available. Shouldn't we try to snag him if we can. Provided folty isn't part of the trade .. Could say we might have a half way decent rotation.. A la.. 2013.