Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2801

Thread: Official 2017 Trade Deadilne Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Like?

I realize it's easy to say Garcia's value has increased due to a single start, but how much?

Everyone is willing to argue about his value, but nobody seems to be willing to actually answer that question...
    I don't know... I haven't really looked at the Brewer's system closely. I would just be unhappy with Cordell as a return.

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Like?

I realize it's easy to say Garcia's value has increased due to a single start, but how much?

Everyone is willing to argue about his value, but nobody seems to be willing to actually answer that question...

Corey Ray!!!!!!

Roaming in Rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Like?

I'd say Cordell would be a pretty good get. My primary target would be Brett Phillips, but with him getting called up and Brinson's struggles in the bigs so far not sure he'd be immediately available. Could maybe go for something like Cordell + Cody Ponce?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    The Brewers do have a plethora of tantalizing OF options in the Minors. Apparently they were talking Ian Kinsler + Justin Wilson with Detroit. I wonder what the Braves could get if they offered Garcia, Phillips, and a BP arm (JJ) -- with substantial salary relief.

I'd love Brinson. Wonder what that would take to happen.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Like?

All this is really unanswerable, that's why. At the deadline, for a contending team to fill two positions of need with at least decent options, including the contender's premium...I mean, I could see them being willing to part with something like Brett Phillips or Trent Clark.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    All this is really unanswerable, that's why. At the deadline, for a contending team to fill two positions of need with at least decent options, including the contender's premium...I mean, I could see them being willing to part with something like Brett Phillips or Trent Clark.
    You realize the 2 guys you just named are both FV 45 guys, and are almost exactly as valuable as Cordell, right?

I picked Cordell from that tier of OFers because he hits RHed, can play CF, is ready now, and isn't yet on their MLB roster.

Garcia's value is pretty widely considered (except around here) to be a FV 40 guy if the team takes his whole contract, or a FV 45 guy is the Braves eat his contract.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-24-2017 at 12:06 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    All the money the Dodgers have and have spent and they still may need to pony up a ton to get Darvish. It's not easy to just throw money at pitching and it's not fun to throw prospects at it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    You realize the 2 guys you just named are both FV 45 guys, and are almost exactly as valuable as Cordell, right?

I picked Cordell from that tier of OFers because he hits RHed, can play CF, is ready now, and isn't yet on their MLB roster.
    I think both are clearly better prospects than Cordell, certainly in terms of potential.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    I think both are clearly better prospects than Cordell, certainly in terms of potential.
    Trent Clark, the guy posting a .771 OPS in A+ and isn't a lock to stay in CF?

Brett Phillips, who according to FG, "has the chance to be the larger half of a platoon in right field, but that the swing-and-miss prevents him from profiling as a true everyday player"?

That's better than Cordell? I think Cordell is what posters around here think DPete is...if DPete could play CF.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-24-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    So apparently Seattle is 'all in' and interested in Gray/controllable starters.

Question: would any of y'all move Teheran in a deal for Kyle Lewis?

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/244095...-mix-for-gray/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

You betcha
    Ivermectin Man

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts

I would not do that deal 1 for 1.

I don't see how they can get anyone with that farm system. I'd need a player to be named later and that player would need to be their number one pick next year.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Trent Clark, the guy posting a .771 OPS in A+ and isn't a lock to stay in CF? At 20? Yes.

Brett Phillips, who according to FG, "has the chance to be the larger half of a platoon in right field, but that the swing-and-miss prevents him from profiling as a true everyday player"? Sure.

That's better than Cordell? I think Cordell is what posters around here think DPete is...if DPete could play CF.
    I like both more than Cordell. I don't know why that is hard to believe. Even Longenhagen likes Clark more. And I get that you believe Longenhagen is the best prospect guy out there, and I don't know that I would argue with that, but I don't know why you act as though he's the only guy worth mentioning or that his values are set in stone and the exact value of that particular prospect.

All of these lists are simply the opinion of one person.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts

Would I move Teheran in a deal that included Lewis? Maybe, though I can't see a deal with anyone else in that farm system I'd pull the trigger on.

Would I move him for just Lewis? No way.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Would I move Teheran in a deal that included Lewis? Maybe, though I can't see a deal with anyone else in that farm system I'd pull the trigger on.

Would I move him for just Lewis? No way.
    Amen. I think some have a boner for this guy but I don't think he's a top 50 prospect.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Agreed... if we are giving them Garcia, BP, and cash... we should get more than Cordell
    Yeah, I like Cordell and think he could have a role, but if we give up Jaime, BP, and Cash and all we get is Cordell then we failed

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    I like both more than Cordell. I don't know why that is hard to believe. Even Longenhagen likes Clark more. And I get that you believe Longenhagen is the best prospect guy out there, and I don't know that I would argue with that, but I don't know why you act as though he's the only guy worth mentioning or that his values are set in stone and the exact value of that particular prospect.

All of these lists are simply the opinion of one person.
    The point wasn't that I like one of them more than other.

The point is that they are almost equal in value.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    The point wasn't that I like one of them more than other.

The point is that they are almost equal in value.
    That's probably fairly accurate, though I think Clark and Phillips would be fairly consistently rated higher than Cordell across the league. I was just evaluating it from my perspective, so I would want more than Cordell for that package. I don't see much in him.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    The Brewers do have a plethora of tantalizing OF options in the Minors. Apparently they were talking Ian Kinsler + Justin Wilson with Detroit. I wonder what the Braves could get if they offered Garcia, Phillips, and a BP arm (JJ) -- with substantial salary relief.

I'd love Brinson. Wonder what that would take to happen.

Julio and Dat Dude would be more like it. If they wanted JJ too, I'd think we'd be crazy not to do that.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Like?

You are the guy who has consistently complained that the Braves would only end up with guys with an FV < 50 and now you are suggesting a guy that your man Longenhagen has at a pre-season 45. Not following.