Who was there when Enscheff said these mean things

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You can read that thread if youd like.

My position went from BK is a bad choice based on his views of his 4th amendment to he shouldnt be taken down from a 30 year old accusation without evidence.

That resulted in me being told I was a rapist who should die.

And somehow I'm the bad guy here.

But yall have been broken from OM. I get it. But it's still sad
    I don't think you should be called a rapist. However, you are claiming you said certain things... which I don't really see. And I did read that thread. Well not all of it. There was a lot. If I've missed it I apologize.

For the record, I think there is plenty of ****ty stuff being said about Reade by Biden defenders on Twitter and similar places that very much echoes what cretins on the right said about Ford. I don't like that very much.
    Last edited by Metaphysicist; 05-03-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You wanted the quotes and you got them.

Now what?
    group hug
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    When your generation of old white racist misogynist "men" finally die off the country can actually move forward.

So please, help us all out and get on with dying as soon as possible. Thanks.

Seems reasonable to me. Naive, but reasonable.

It's not really personal and most people would know that.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    I would like it entered for the record that a certain sensitive soul around here dismissed E Jean Carroll as a "girl" making wild accusations without corroboration and went with a "cool" when it was pointed out she was not a girl.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-03-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    We ought not to forget the corroboration E Jean Carroll brought to the table. She called her friend, Lisa Birnbach, minutes after the rape happened. Not 3 or 10 years later. It was not described in ambiguous terms. And then a day or two later, she also described what happened to another friend, Carol Martin. There is no ambiguity about their accounts. And now very poorly chosen one is being pursued for his DNA in a court case. Surely we the voters and Ms Carroll deserve to have this evidence produced.

From the NY Times:

From the sidewalk, she phoned Lisa Birnbach, a friend and author of “The Official Preppy Handbook.” Ms. Carroll was laughing at first as she described an encounter she said she had just had in a Bergdorf’s dressing room with Donald J. Trump that began as cheeky banter. But what she was saying didn’t strike Ms. Birnbach as funny. “I remember her being very overwrought,” Ms. Birnbach said in an interview. “I remember her repeatedly saying, ‘He pulled down my tights, he pulled down my tights.’” When Ms. Carroll finished her account, Ms. Birnbach said, “I think he raped you.”

“Let’s go to the police,” she recalled telling Ms. Carroll. But Ms. Carroll refused. A day or two later, she described the episode to another friend, Carol Martin, a TV host at the same network. She advised Ms. Carroll to stay silent.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-03-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    misleading to say the least...which is standard thethe operating procedure...Tara Reade did NOT tell the AP in 2019 she was assaulted

From the AP:

Reade told the AP twice that she did not use the phrase “sexual harassment” in filing the complaint, but at other points in the interview said that was the behavior she believed she was describing. She said: “I talked about sexual harassment, retaliation. The main word I used – and I know I didn’t use sexual harassment — I used ‘uncomfortable.’ And I remember ‘retaliation.’”

Reade described the report after the AP discovered additional transcripts and notes from its interviews with Reade last year in which she says she “chickened out” after going to the Senate personnel office. The AP interviewed Reade in 2019 after she accused Biden of uncomfortable and inappropriate touching. She did not raise allegations of sexual assault against Biden until this year, around the time he became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    misleading to say the least...which is standard thethe operating procedure...Tara Reade did NOT tell the AP in 2019 she was assaulted

From the AP:

Reade told the AP twice that she did not use the phrase “sexual harassment” in filing the complaint, but at other points in the interview said that was the behavior she believed she was describing. She said: “I talked about sexual harassment, retaliation. The main word I used – and I know I didn’t use sexual harassment — I used ‘uncomfortable.’ And I remember ‘retaliation.’”

Reade described the report after the AP discovered additional transcripts and notes from its interviews with Reade last year in which she says she “chickened out” after going to the Senate personnel office. The AP interviewed Reade in 2019 after she accused Biden of uncomfortable and inappropriate touching. She did not raise allegations of sexual assault against Biden until this year, around the time he became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.
    whew....that's so much better
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

From the AP:

Since American voters obviously don't care so much about sexual assault, or since we have so many of this type of person running for public office, in the future there needs to be more clearcut rules about these claims against politicians in political campaigns.

For example, there could be a time set aside several months before the election to deal with such claims.
    Last edited by Runnin; 05-03-2020 at 08:38 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The repetition of the slogan " believe all women " rankles me.

As one that supports equal pay , M4A, gun regulation, gender rights, civil rights in general and or any or all other issues toxic to the investor class I (we) are expected, no, demanded to justify the slightest notions of hypocrisy, any malfeasance of any one on earth that may in the slightest agree with me (we) or any rumor spouted by some basement dweller with a laptop and a cell phone.
    By
    message board trolls that flood the pages with half witted accusations and half baked ideas concerning science, law, philosophy and general day to day living and just a too clever by half solutions to complex issues.

As far as believe all women. How did taking accusations seriously, which we all do ( I presume) turn into a battle cry of BAW at the lightest mention of a candidate not of their liking.

I think everyone should and did take Ms Reade's accusations seriously, with a skeptical eye. That is called having a prudent opinion This is post Duke Lacrosse era we live in, right ?
    Not so sure that was the case across the board, as pointed out above with Blase-Ford or Carol or any of the 20+ levied against the other candidate.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    whew....that's so much better
    You quote a tweet claiming the AP spiked a story in 2019 about an allegation of assault. There was no allegation of assault made to the AP in 2019.

details details

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You quote a tweet claiming the AP spiked a story in 2019 about an allegation of assault. There was no allegation of assault made to the AP in 2019.

details details
    Much better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Much better
    I guess you have no defense for posting a tweet about something that didn't happen. You have a lot of experience with this kind of bad faith posting. It is your thing. Your contribution around here.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I guess you have no defense for posting a tweet about something that didn't happen. You have a lot of experience with this kind of bad faith posting. It is your thing. Your contribution around here.
    Agreed.

Glad you corrected that the media didn't spike the story because of their political preference though.

Sure they'd do the same for trump or Kavanagh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Agreed.

Glad you corrected that the media didn't spike the story because of their political preference though.

Sure they'd do the same for trump or Kavanagh
    shuffle shuffle mumble mumble change topic

anyhow keep the good stuff coming from Paul Sperry, tecno frog, Cernovich et al.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    shuffle shuffle mumble mumble change topic

anyhow keep the good stuff coming from Paul Sperry, tecno frog, Cernovich et al.
    Says the biggest conspiracy pusher here