Page 145 of 268 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 5352

Thread: Let's Talk About Media

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Very bad faith posting if he read the article instead of just the stupid tweet.
    very indeed...happens all the time...often enough to lead me to conclude it's no accident
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I read the article. What exactly is the scandal here?
    He doesn’t read the articles he posts

He likes the headline or the way the tweet has molded the story and that’s all that matters to him

Once you realize how much of a fraud he is, it makes it easier to just laugh at him when he acts like he is smart and doesn’t fall for or spread fake news etc etc etc
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Actual Introduction to Smartmatic Lawsuit against Rudy, Lou and Rupert:

1. The Earth is round. Two plus two equals four. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 election for President and Vice President of the United States. The election was not stolen, rigged, or fixed. These are facts. They are demonstrable and irrefutable.

2.Defendants have always known these facts. They knew Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 U.S. election. They knew the election was not stolen. They knew the election was not rigged or fixed. They knew these truths just as they knew the Earth is round and two plus two equals four.

3.Defendants did not want Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to win the election. They wanted President Donald Trump and Vice President Michael Pence to win re-election. Defendants were disappointed. But they also saw an opportunity to capitalize on President Trump’s popularity by inventing a story. Defendants decided to tell people that the election was stolen from President Trump and Vice President Pence.

4.Defendants had an obvious problem with their story. They needed a villain. They needed someone to blame. They needed someone whom they could get others to hate. A story of good versus evil, the type that would incite an angry mob, only works if the storyteller provides the audience with someone who personifies evil.

5.Without any true villain, Defendants invented one. Defendants decided to make Smartmatic the villain in their story. Smartmatic is an election technology and software company. It was incorporated in Delaware and its U.S. operations are headquartered in Florida. In the 2020 U.S. election, Smartmatic provided election technology and software in Los Angeles County. Nowhere else. Smartmatic had a relatively small, non-controversial role in the 2020 U.S. election.

Whoops.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    He doesn’t read the articles he posts

He likes the headline or the way the tweet has molded the story and that’s all that matters to him

Once you realize how much of a fraud he is, it makes it easier to just laugh at him when he acts like he is smart and doesn’t fall for or spread fake news etc etc etc
    I didn't post the article.

Goldy, what was your biggest takeaway from the article?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I didn't post the article.

Goldy, what was your biggest takeaway from the article?
    You posted a tweet that cherry picked the most sinister sounding quotation from the article, though. Did you read the article?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-07-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    You posted a tweet that cherry picked the most sinister sounding quotation from the article, though. Did you read the article?
    Jaw posted the tweet. I reacted to it.

What was your takeaway from the Time article?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Actual Introduction to Smartmatic Lawsuit against Rudy, Lou and Rupert:

1. The Earth is round. Two plus two equals four. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 election for President and Vice President of the United States. The election was not stolen, rigged, or fixed. These are facts. They are demonstrable and irrefutable.

2.Defendants have always known these facts. They knew Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 U.S. election. They knew the election was not stolen. They knew the election was not rigged or fixed. They knew these truths just as they knew the Earth is round and two plus two equals four.

3.Defendants did not want Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to win the election. They wanted President Donald Trump and Vice President Michael Pence to win re-election. Defendants were disappointed. But they also saw an opportunity to capitalize on President Trump’s popularity by inventing a story. Defendants decided to tell people that the election was stolen from President Trump and Vice President Pence.

4.Defendants had an obvious problem with their story. They needed a villain. They needed someone to blame. They needed someone whom they could get others to hate. A story of good versus evil, the type that would incite an angry mob, only works if the storyteller provides the audience with someone who personifies evil.

5.Without any true villain, Defendants invented one. Defendants decided to make Smartmatic the villain in their story. Smartmatic is an election technology and software company. It was incorporated in Delaware and its U.S. operations are headquartered in Florida. In the 2020 U.S. election, Smartmatic provided election technology and software in Los Angeles County. Nowhere else. Smartmatic had a relatively small, non-controversial role in the 2020 U.S. election.

Whoops.

I dont know if a more clear cut case of defamation exists than this one here. They did it for personal gain. Either they knew it was fake news or they should have known. Being extremely hostile to the people who showed them the truth showed they did not care whether it was true or not. And its clearly had and is going to have a damaging effect on these companies business. I will be really interesting what discovery turns up because I know many of these people had their staff research this stuff atleast hoping to find something real they could use.

Also this.....

Last edited by cajunrevenge; 02-08-2021 at 02:51 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts

A group of influential political entities set forth a strategy to advance a cause they believed would benefit them and those they support. They may have called it saving democracy from attacks in the article, but in reality I’m guessing it’s not quite so noble. However, the stated plan of increasing access to voting and instilling confidence in the election results isn’t exactly nefarious even if you’re not drinking the Kool-Aid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    These are the fact checkers that big tech uses to identify misinformation they need to censor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Fox being swamped, but I assume most of their are non high-tech old people. Another reason for them and the GOP to worry.
    Last edited by Runnin; 02-08-2021 at 09:28 PM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    lol
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    DeSantis is moving up in my odds for #47.

Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post

The institutions hate this guy bc he prioritized freedom over fear and had more success doing so.

He is 1,000 times more competent than Trump with similar policies. The next 4 years will be all about taking him down

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts

The takeaway from the Time article is that a bipartisan group--that included Trump supporters--wanted to make sure that the election went off as smoothly as possible given the complications caused by the pandemic. The goal of the group was (and continues to be) to assure voters that the election is legitimate. The group obviously runs into strong headwinds given all the noise emanating from some quarters, but the fact that voter turnout was up for both Democrats and Republicans point to this effort being a success. The word "shadow" in the title is extremely misleading, because of the connotation. that this effort was somehow nefarious. Poor headline writing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post

You let them destroy the nation like they did in California. You remove the excuses and the massive big tech money away from ‘election fortification’.

It will be a disaster for the left. It’s very obvious that they were engaged in a pay for vote operation. Not in the literal sense but there is a concept of substance over form.

Desantis is the perfect follow up to someone like trump who exposed the media and for what they truly were. Now it’s not an ‘attack on the free press’ anymore in a majority of Americans mind. He will articulate why better and he will surround himself with better people.

He will be a great president.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You let them destroy the nation like they did in California. You remove the excuses and the massive big tech money away from ‘election fortification’.

It will be a disaster for the left. It’s very obvious that they were engaged in a pay for vote operation. Not in the literal sense but there is a concept of substance over form.

Desantis is the perfect follow up to someone like trump who exposed the media and for what they truly were. Now it’s not an ‘attack on the free press’ anymore in a majority of Americans mind. He will articulate why better and he will surround himself with better people.

He will be a great president.
    Will he serve before or after very poorly chosen one's second term.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-12-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Simply put... the media is lying to us at every turn. And they claim their biggest threat to democracy is disinformation.

A good thread from Greenwald here

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (02-12-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    The media the enemy. Propaganda