Page 167 of 268 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 5352

Thread: Let's Talk About Media

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    To think these are even comparable is sad. Just more of the same from the board lunatic.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I agree. What Fox News has shown to do is far worse than editing down someone statement. I dont know in what fantasy world editing down a statement is worse than memos literally directing the on air personalities to alter coverage to specifically benefit one party.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    CHLHM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Well I am sober, gonna have to wait atleast another 36 hours before I smoke again. Not that you can compete intellectually even when I handicap myself by being stoned.

It’s over."

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    “Editing down a statement” is a comically generous interpretation of what 60 Minutes did

6. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I dont care to defend them, it's the whole "omg the media is engaged in a full blown conspiracy to smear so and so and this is proof" that I disagree with. If I were ranking news in terms of biased it would start with OANN, Newsmax, and Fox News/MSNBC tied for third. But the people who rail against fake news generally love the 3 most biased news channels. That's not specific to people here. I don't think anyone here watches OANN or Newsmax as anything other than comedy.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    lol

Lunatic
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Riveting argument you got there. Hows Trumps second term going?

It’s over."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I don't believe anyone on here has ever defended FOX, OANN, or Newsmax. They're acknowledged by one and all as heavily biased. The frustration is caused by the constant redirects when other, egregious examples of bias are pointed out by essentially every other news source, all tilted in one direction.

So yes, I agree, WE ALL AGREE, that FOX, OANN, and Newsmax are right wing shills. No one here is treating them as serious news sources.

What we are doing is pointing out that CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, NYT, WaPo, and essentially every other source of news fall somewhere between left biased and DNC propaganda.

So please, the next time someone points to an example of that, either address the example or provide another example or anything else, except throwing out a whataboutism that no one disputes.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I don't believe anyone on here has ever defended FOX, OANN, or Newsmax. They're acknowledged by one and all as heavily biased. The frustration is caused by the constant redirects when other, egregious examples of bias are pointed out by essentially every other news source, all tilted in one direction.

So yes, I agree, WE ALL AGREE, that FOX, OANN, and Newsmax are right wing shills. No one here is treating them as serious news sources.

What we are doing is pointing out that CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, NYT, WaPo, and essentially every other source of news fall somewhere between left biased and DNC propaganda.

So please, the next time someone points to an example of that, either address the example or provide another example or anything else, except throwing out a whataboutism that no one disputes.
    Cajuns head would literally explode if he couldn't post a what about ism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

The ecosystem of the deza that gets peddled by some of the regulars around here extends far beyond the news organizations you've enumerated. But that's their problem. I just find it ironic/hypocritical that those who squeal loudest about the media/enemy of the people peddle the worst nonsense.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-08-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

The dumb lecturer who gets everything wrong bc he blindly believes his lying dinosaur sources, is lecturing about bad information from others

The irony... just too much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The ecosystem of the deza that gets peddled by some of the regulars around here extends far beyond the news organizations you've enumerated. But that's their problem. I just find it ironic/hypocritical that those who squeal loudest about the media/enemy of the people peddle the worst nonsense.
    I believe I have also criticized some of those reports when they were posted. But are comparing you the reach of Gateway Pundit to any of the others I listed? Because that comparison will not turn out well.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I believe I have also criticized some of those reports when they were posted. But are comparing you the reach of Gateway Pundit to any of the others I listed? Because that comparison will not turn out well.
    I have no idea of the reach of folks like Andy Ngo and techno frog and cernovich, and 911, etc., etc. I just find it amusing/ironic that those who squeal the loudest about the media post material from those sources.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I have no idea of the reach of folks like Andy Ngo and techno frog and cernovich, and 911, etc., etc. I just find it amusing/ironic that those who squeal the loudest about the media post material from those sources.
    What about breaking 911 is fake. Do you have specifics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    A lot of that is due to those being the only sources covering those stories. Some dude in a MAGA hat can shoot a deer out of season and he's a Proud Boy right wing extremist evangelical who recently purchased enough ammo for a couple of hours at the range and posted memes on Facebook that make fun of Obama.

Meanwhile a minority can run over a Capitol Police officer and that cop was killed by a car.

I've seen those individuals you listed post videos of groups of BLM protesters beating individuals, dragging others out of their cars, tossing bricks at cars passing by.

USA Today and the alphabet networks don't find that newsworthy for some reason.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    What about breaking 911 is fake. Do you have specifics?
    Yeah. Their reporting on Sidney Powell's allegations. Shockingly, they seem to have deleted those tweets.

But aside from that I will say that their choice of what to cover seems a wee bit idiosyncratic. Just a wee bit. Sort of like the enemy of the people not jumping on Hunter Biden's laptop. But on a much grander scale. I can see what you are so fond of them.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Yeah. Their reporting on Sidney Powell's allegations. Shockingly, they seem to have deleted those tweets.
    What did they report

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    A lot of that is due to those being the only sources covering those stories. Some dude in a MAGA hat can shoot a deer out of season and he's a Proud Boy right wing extremist evangelical who recently purchased enough ammo for a couple of hours at the range and posted memes on Facebook that make fun of Obama.

Meanwhile a minority can run over a Capitol Police officer and that cop was killed by a car.

I've seen those individuals you listed post videos of groups of BLM protesters beating individuals, dragging others out of their cars, tossing bricks at cars passing by.

USA Today and the alphabet networks don't find that newsworthy for some reason.
    I had no idea USA Today had gone over to the dark side. Back in the day when Alan Neuharth and his lovely wife Lori Wilson founded USA Today, the general belief seemed to be they had a bit of a conservative slant. Nothing like Fox to be sure.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    What did they report
    They reported her allegations, including the stuff about the ghost of Hugo Chavez and the server found in Germany, as straight news.

I'm kind of shocked they have deleted all that. I would have thought they'd be proud of their "reporting"

ut aside from that I will say that their choice of what to cover seems a wee bit idiosyncratic. Just a wee bit. Sort of like the enemy of the people not jumping on Hunter Biden's laptop. But on a much grander scale. I can see what you are so fond of them.

"I am your retribution."