Page 60 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 5352

Thread: Let's Talk About Media

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    It’s, uh, interesting to note that you think that it being 8 years old makes a difference. Particularly as the Omar tweet you cite is of the same vintage.
    To have to go back 8 years for someone who gets on a mic on a daily basis is telling.

Omar's tweet was in 2012, and she defended it as recently as January. Not to mention she's made a half dozen other tropes since being sworn in... she's in the news monthly for something, and you're always here to defend her.

Like I said, his writing about Israel/Palestine is not substantially different, up to the current day. He promoted an article (2016) on his website, which he editorially controls, which said that Muslims in Europe are “a disease” and that Muslim men are “uncivilized.”
    I'd like for you to link them to me, so I have the context.

Meanwhile, is it not fair to point out the muslim men treat women and gays like garbage in their home country? Or is that only OK to criticize white folks who vote Republican?

And then there was that whole Columbus Day thing, which was also deleted and apologized for...
    Yeah not sure where this would inspire all these anti-muslim murders... but I'll take a look at the apology:

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Hmmm. Just like Ben Shapiro initially defending the racist Columbus Day video before relenting, this is specious bull****.

It’s, er, kinda rich to bring up the Congressional baseball game shooter without addressing the dozens of fatal acts of domestic terrorism whose perpetrators echo the talking points of right media. I get that Ben Shapiro probably felt like he’d be better served by trying to distance himself from that, post-Quebec City.

And, really, trying to bring David Duke into the conversation— or any white supremacist leader, really— it’s pretty rich, considering Ron Paul’s history with White supremacists, Don Black, and the provenance of his mailing lists, etc. It’s just hard for me to take your concern for Ilhan Omar’s supposed anti-Semitism seriously, when you’ve been in such stark and consistent denial of white supremacism and anti-Semitism in your own little patch of political ground.

When I mention Ron Paul’s being a featured speaker at a conference organized by the virulently anti-Semitic Fatima center, you responded by saying that he joked about speaking to groups that he didn’t agree with. Since you obviously have a problem in understanding what satire is, it might be safe to assume that you also have a problem understanding basic humor. His joke was this, paraphrased: I make it a point to speak to groups whom I disagree with…even at the republican party convention. The joke, see, is misdirection. You’re led to assume that he’s talking about speaking to this audience of ****ing horrible religious fanatics and anti-Semites. But the misdirection indicates that he’s actually talking about mainstream Republicans. So, the sub text is haha you guys are extremists, and I have more in common with you than I do with mainstream Republicans.

Still not sure why Shapiro and Paul’s “apologies” are cool with you while Omar’s isn’t.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    For the millionth ****ing time, I'm tired of talking about Ron Paul with you. YOu bring him up unsolicited in ever back and forth we have.

You think he's a racist. Got it. I've asked you for any statement he's ever made out of his mouth that would prove that, or any legislation he's ever proposed that would prove that. And you've produced literally zero. But it's fine. Your mind is made up.

But if Ron Paul is an anti-semite, how is Omar not?

You say racists like David Duke support him prove he's problematic. Fine. Under the same logic, how is it not problematic that the same guy loves Omar?

You calling me a hypocrite for defending Paul, but not Omar? Fine.

Under the same logic, how are you not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    If your going to ignore EVERYTHING Ron Paul has said and done and been about his whole life because of one tweet and a few sentences in a newsletter from 30 years ago then we deserve the piece of **** politicians we have. You know why I believe Dr. Paul when he says he didnt write that tweet or the newsletters? Because Dr. Paul has never backed away from an unpopular or controversial opinion. If he truly thought those things he would double down when asked about it not disavowed them. Saying Ron Paul is racist based on those 2 things would be like calling MLK a racist for calling a white person a honky one time. Absolutely no one has championed freedom, liberty, and respect for your fellow man than Ron Paul in politics.

Why is it that Ron Paul gets so much hate from the Republican establishment if he is racist? Its his opposition to bombing brown people in foreign countries and opposition to the racist war on drugs that put a glass ceiling on his career. I wont deny there exists a contingent of deplorables in the Libertarian base but there are bad people on every side. No one wins elections without receiving votes from some group that are bat**** crazy. No democrat, no republican, and no Libertarian. Dr. Paul has to answer for those idiots no more than Obama has to answer for the KKK supporting him.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    For the millionth ****ing time, I'm tired of talking about Ron Paul with you. YOu bring him up unsolicited in ever back and forth we have.

You think he's a racist. Got it. I've asked you for any statement he's ever made out of his mouth that would prove that, or any legislation he's ever proposed that would prove that. And you've produced literally zero. But it's fine. Your mind is made up.

But if Ron Paul is an anti-semite, how is Omar not?

You say racists like David Duke support him prove he's problematic. Fine. Under the same logic, how is it not problematic that the same guy loves Omar?

You calling me a hypocrite for defending Paul, but not Omar? Fine.

Under the same logic, how are you not?
    I guess the difference is that I’ve been asking you this **** since before either of us knew who Ilhan Omar was, and you didn’t have an answer for it then, and you still don’t. And you’ve given the same stock answer about the newsletters, which is no more convincing now than it ever was. Like, profiting from racist propaganda for decades is fine as long as you never say anything explicitly, directly racist on camera. I guess the reason I continue to bring it up is that you continue to not have a satisfactory answer. There’s a pretty compelling nexus between the Paulites and the hard-right white supremacists, which you’ve actually acknowledged the existence of, but decline to hypothesize about. Ben Shapiro has made a career out of various flavors of bigotry, but you give a pass for the “sewage” tweet because apology, but decline to engage that fact that he continues to denigrate Palestinians, claim that the majority of Muslims worldwide are radicalized, and publish pieces that call Muslims a “disease”

Guess what? If you’re content to profit from blatant racism/antisemitism/homophobia, it’s probably safe to assume that you’re a racist, homophobic bigot. I’m not sure what’s so difficult about that proposition. If you twist yourself into knots to excuse the same stuff, what does that make you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    You have an amazing ability to never answer my questions.

Ron Paul didnt profit from racism.

Ron Paul was in Congress for nearly 30 years, and you've been unable to produce a single quote or piece of legislation which shows his racism.

Omar has been in Congress 6 months and the Democrat speaker has had to condemn her comments, forced her to apologize, and held a vote condemning anti-semitic racism. You're fine with this bc (D). Its very simple. You say I havent given you a satisfactory response? Where the **** is yours? We're in real time with Omar, you have the ability to take a stand, and you refuse... instead choosing to bring up a 30 year old newsletter that has been debated ad nauseam

I've asked you for rhetoric from Shapiro and you gave me a tweet from 8 years ago. He's on the radio everyday... do you have anything else? You and others casually blame him and others for brutal atrocities from lunatics. The only point to do that is to get us closer to the censorship you so desperately want.

Why are you ok with David Duke loving Omar, since you are blatantly bothered by him supporting Paul?

Why do you refuse to answer that very simple question?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    You have an amazing ability to never answer my questions.

Ron Paul didnt profit from racism.

Ron Paul was in Congress for nearly 30 years, and you've been unable to produce a single quote or piece of legislation which shows his racism.

Omar has been in Congress 6 months and the Democrat speaker has had to condemn her comments, forced her to apologize, and held a vote condemning anti-semitic racism. You're fine with this bc (D). Its very simple. You say I havent given you a satisfactory response? Where the **** is yours? We're in real time with Omar, you have the ability to take a stand, and you refuse... instead choosing to bring up a 30 year old newsletter that has been debated ad nauseam

I've asked you for rhetoric from Shapiro and you gave me a tweet from 8 years ago. He's on the radio everyday... do you have anything else? You and others casually blame him and others for brutal atrocities from lunatics. The only point to do that is to get us closer to the censorship you so desperately want.

Why are you ok with David Duke loving Omar, since you are blatantly bothered by him supporting Paul?

Why do you refuse to answer that very simple question?
    Ron Paul made a seven-figure income over the course of years from his racist newsletters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Seriously, why is that so hard to cop to? People who were there at the time acknowledged that the most profitable mailing list he had was bought from a white supremacist group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Ron Paul made a seven-figure income over the course of years from his racist newsletters.
    shows you what a good businessman he was
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    And, re Shapiro, I’ve directed you toward the fact that he uses incredibly dumb math to assert that the majority of Muslims are extremist. And that he’s co-signed calling Islam “a disease.”

Plenty of folks make a good living toeing the line. For you, nobody’s a racist unless they’re screaming the n-word in public. Surely you know better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    shows you what a good businessman he was
    I think that must be where the tension lies. He’s not a racist, just a good capitalist!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I think that must be where the tension lies. He’s not a racist, just a good capitalist!
    business is business
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Let’s just replay this.

This

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    In a shocking, and I mean SHOCKING, turn of events, Julio doesn't answer any direct questions to him, instead choosing to deflect back to Ron Paul.

Lol. The newsletters were run for over 20 years... and there were what, 4 issues that had the racist comments?

Those 4 issues really carried him. And they were so profitable that he never invoked the racist language again in his 30 year congressional career of his best selling books.

Now, maybe Julio will address why he is so disturbed by Ron Paul, but not by our current sitting congresswoman who is beloved by David Duke?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I guess it’s clear that the victim here is Ron Paul, who first had newsletters published under his name by racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic bigots, then had his social media guy post racist, anti-Semitic trash. I guess it must really hurt for a famous non-racist like him to be constantly taking heat because he, for some reason, keeps employing racists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    In a shocking - SHOCKING - turn of events, Julio refuses to answer the question about his modern day congresswoman, choosing instead to deflect to something 30 years ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    In a shocking, and I mean SHOCKING, turn of events, Julio doesn't answer any direct questions to him, instead choosing to deflect back to Ron Paul.

Lol. The newsletters were run for over 20 years... and there were what, 4 issues that had the racist comments?

Those 4 issues really carried him. And they were so profitable that he never invoked the racist language again in his 30 year congressional career of his best selling books.

Now, maybe Julio will address why he is so disturbed by Ron Paul, but not by our current sitting congresswoman who is beloved by David Duke?
    Well. Let’s see...who else is supported by David Duke. Trump, obviously. But let’s see who actually wrote favorably about David Duke, to the extent of having a nice little mutual admiration society going.

Trump? Nah. Ilhan Omar? Nope. I wonder if you can get it in one guess?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    In a shocking - SHOCKING - turn of events, Julio would rather deflect to an 85 year old retired man than address the current sitting congresswoman who David Duke seems to adore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    In a shocking - SHOCKING - turn of events, Julio refuses to answer the question about his modern day congresswoman, choosing instead to deflect to something 30 years ago
    30-year-old racism is still racism.

I guess what you’re saying is that we should forget about the last 30 years of David Duke—running for office, fairly successfully, as a Republican, supporting Ron Paul, supporting Donald Trump, and focus entirely on his tweets in support of Ilhan Omar’s opposition to a fairly universally objectionable anti-1st Amendment bill. So, you want me to own that? I will, if you’ll own the entirety of the rest of his career.