5,155 Posts

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    30-year-old racism is still racism.

I guess what you’re saying is that we should forget about the last 30 years of David Duke—running for office, fairly successfully, as a Republican, supporting Ron Paul, supporting Donald Trump, and focus entirely on his tweets in support of Ilhan Omar’s opposition to a fairly universally objectionable anti-1st Amendment bill. So, you want me to own that? I will, if you’ll own the entirety of the rest of his career.
    I'm saying if Julio is gonna put the stake in the ground (which you clearly have) about controversial supporters like Duke and racist commentary from 30 years ago as being unacceptable, then it seems like itd be easy for you to condemn anti-semitic comments straight from the horse's mouth that require condemnation from party leadership, along with whole heap of support from the former grand wizard himself.

But you seem unwilling to go there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Imagine being the guy that believes the 85 year old millionaire is running his own Twitter account.

Then imagine that same 85 year old racist is so racist, that he decides he's gonna intentionally show how racist he is by intentionally posting the obvious racist cartoon.

Then imagine that same racist guy changing his mind 5 min later about how racist he wants to be, so he deleted it.

So he's bold enough to be super racist, but not bold enough to keep it up for an hour.

I know critical thinking is tough in the TDS era... I get it. But just use some basic common sense thought.

The newsletters is a much more compelling case... I'd stick with that

But it is awesome to know that the current dem leadership is absolved of all racism bc of Ron Paul

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Um, I made my thoughts pretty clear. I thought Omar’s opposition to the clearly unconstitutional anti-BDS bill to be correct, as should any civil libertarian. As for anti-Semitism, I respect those good-faith opinions that thought that she crossed a line. Which opinions did exist, but aren’t yours. So I’ll accept her apology as you accept Ben Shapiro’s. But I won’t let you cry crocodile tears about Ilhan Omar while you’re writing passes for this:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Imagine being the guy that believes the 85 year old millionaire is running his own Twitter account.

Then imagine that same 85 year old racist is so racist, that he decides he's gonna intentionally show how racist he is by intentionally posting the obvious racist cartoon.

Then imagine that same racist guy changing his mind 5 min later about how racist he wants to be, so he deleted it.

So he's bold enough to be super racist, but not bold enough to keep it up for an hour.

I know critical thinking is tough in the TDS era... I get it. But just use some basic common sense thought.

The newsletters is a much more compelling case... I'd stick with that

But it is awesome to know that the current dem leadership is absolved of all racism bc of Ron Paul
    Wonder how many of those millions he clocked with his racist, anti-Semitic, and homophobic newsletters. At least his “invest in gold” thing is just an old-fashioned scam.

But, er, you’ve never opined as to why it is he seems to so often have racists and bigots speaking for him, since he’s such an obvious not-racist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    What does it say about our society that a guy who has spent 40 years publicly denouncing racism even when it is vastly unpopular and harmful to his political career is disqualified based on some racist writings from 30 years ago while Congress and the Presidency is continually occupied by people who support incredibly racist policies that devastate minorities? At the end of the day what is more important, a candidate that may have wrote some racist things 3 years ago who supports tearing down the systemic racist system that devastates minorities or a candidate who may not have racist writings from 30 years ago but supports the systemic racism that devastates black communities? If thats the case I would lose a lot of sympathy for minorities. There is no candidate in the last 40 years who has fought as hard against the systemic racism in this country than Dr. Paul.

If this is the guy who is disqualified as racist then you dont know what racist is.

Heres Ron Paul going into an extremely hostile environment to advocate against the racist war on drugs in 1988 when some of these newsletters were published. Why would a racist do this? It certainly wasnt for political gain as it was extremely unpopular position to have at the time. Surely Dr. Paul had a time machine and knew that in 30 years people would agree with him and he could use it to defend himself.......

Here is Dr. Paul railing against systemic racisim in 1988 during his Presidential run.

You want to keep voting for racist policies and war mongers who consider dropping bombs on children as acceptable collateral damage go right ahead, you are the racist, not Ron Paul.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Jaw (06-10-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Er, but, um, er why do erm grand wizards speak for Illan Omar?

As I've said, you think Paul is racist and that is fine. It is good to know you dont hold same standards for (D). Not surprising. Nothing new there .

I am wondering though who triggers you more, Trump or Paul?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Tell me who you support Julio so I can show you how much of a hypocrite you are. Please let it be Joe Biden.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What does it say about our society that a guy who has spent 40 years publicly denouncing racism even when it is vastly unpopular and harmful to his political career is disqualified based on some racist writings from 30 years ago while Congress and the Presidency is continually occupied by people who support incredibly racist policies that devastate minorities? At the end of the day what is more important, a candidate that may have wrote some racist things 3 years ago who supports tearing down the systemic racist system that devastates minorities or a candidate who may not have racist writings from 30 years ago but supports the systemic racism that devastates black communities? If thats the case I would lose a lot of sympathy for minorities. There is no candidate in the last 40 years who has fought as hard against the systemic racism in this country than Dr. Paul.

If this is the guy who is disqualified as racist then you dont know what racist is.

Heres Ron Paul going into an extremely hostile environment to advocate against the racist war on drugs in 1988 when some of these newsletters were published. Why would a racist do this? It certainly wasnt for political gain as it was extremely unpopular position to have at the time. Surely Dr. Paul had a time machine and knew that in 30 years people would agree with him and he could use it to defend himself.......

Here is Dr. Paul railing against systemic racisim in 1988 during his Presidential run.

You want to keep voting for racist policies and war mongers who consider dropping bombs on children as acceptable collateral damage go right ahead, you are the racist, not Ron Paul.
    As I've tried to explain to TDS Julio over the years, Ron Paul's policies are the greatest thing that could ever happen to minorities, specifically his views on drugs, police state, and criminal justice.

But hey, NEWSLETTERS 30 YEARSAGO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Tell me who you support Julio so I can show you how much of a hypocrite you are. Please let it be Joe Biden.
    Bernie "The American dream is in Venezuela" Sanders is his boy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Well he might have me there. I support Bernie specifically for his stance on Marijuana and the war on drugs. Its not hard to find politicians supporting marijuana legalization nowadays but few support ending the war on drugs. We all know Republicans will fight him to the death on his economic agenda so I dont really have much fear about him getting that **** passed. I am sure I can dredge up something on Bernie. I know he voted for the 94 crime bill which is far worse than any newsletter could ever be. I am willing to give people a pass on it so long as they recognize the mistake and were not strong advocates for it at the time.

Who else has Julio supported. Theres virtually no one with a significant political career without some racist baggage. Not even minority politicians.

I would also like to point out that Ron could have just about any position he wanted from Trump if he would say nice things about him but has consistently **** on him for being everything he stands against. Dr. Paul could be chairman of the fed right now if he would kiss Trumps ass. The funny thing is Ron is the only person who throws shade at Trump that the Don wont fight back.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Sturg: if the test is 5 months of Ilhan Omar versus decades of the **** you support, I’m just going to say **** off until you can be real.

Cajun: I think criminal justice reform and drug law reform are both great in their own right, thoroughly necessary, and would be at the top of the list for any candidate I supported. Let’s just not pretend that Ron Paul invented them. The left—not Democrats, not Clintonite 3rd-way squishes—have always supported that and have been the most consistent voices for them. We welcome all the woke Paulites to the party, no matter how late.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Cajun - just watched those first two videos... Dr. Paul was amazing... also awesome how he was super not racist in public but super racist in his newsletters at the same time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Sturg: if the test is 5 months of Ilhan Omar versus decades of the **** you support, I’m just going to say **** off until you can be real.

LOL decades

YOu've managed to go back and forth with for 2 pages without answering a single question. Well done Julio!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Cajun - just watched those first two videos... Dr. Paul was amazing... also awesome how he was super not racist in public but super racist in his newsletters at the same time
    What do you think that says about him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    What do you think that says about him?
    Multiple personality syndrome? I'll go searching for some clips of his obvious racism. Should be super easy... will check back shortly after I find as many Omar has given us this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Multiple personality syndrome? I'll go searching for some clips of his obvious racism. Should be super easy... will check back shortly after I find as many Omar has given us this year
    “Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. ... What if the checks had never arrived? No doubt the blacks would have fully privatized the welfare state through continued looting. But they were paid off and the violence subsided.”

An October 1990 edition of the Political Report ridicules black activists, led by Al Sharpton, for demonstrating at the Statue of Liberty in favor of renaming New York City after Martin Luther King. The newsletter suggests that “Welfaria,” “Zooville,” “Rapetown,” “Dirtburg,”and “Lazyopolis ” would be better alternatives—and says, “Next time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house.”

A May 1990 issue of the Ron Paul Political Report cites Jared Taylor, who six months later would go onto found the eugenicist and white supremacist periodical American Renaissance.

The January 1993 issue of the Survival Report worries about America’s “disappearing white majority.”

The July 1992 Ron Paul Political Report declares, “Jury verdicts, basketball games, and even music are enough to set off black rage, it seems,” and defends David Duke. The author of the newsletter—presumably Paul—writes, “My youngest son is starting his fourth year in medical school. He tells me there would be no way to persuade his fellow students of the case for economic liberty.”

The June 1990 issue of the Political Report says: “I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities.”

In the April 1993 Ron Paul Survival Report, the author—writing in the first person—states, “Whether [the 1993 World Trade Center bombing] was a setup by the Israeli Mossad, as a Jewish friend of mine suspects, or was truly a retaliation by the Islamic fundamentalists, matters little.” The newsletters also warns readers to “do your very best to keep your family away from inner cities. If you can’t, have a haven remote from the metropolitan areas.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Poor guy. So misunderstood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Thank you for providing this brand new information.

While looking for anything spoken directly from Paul himself, I've been unable to find anything but it certainly exists bc super racists are usually pretty racist over a very lengthly public career.

IN this century, I was able to find this... continuing my search though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    “Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. ... What if the checks had never arrived? No doubt the blacks would have fully privatized the welfare state through continued looting. But they were paid off and the violence subsided.”

An October 1990 edition of the Political Report ridicules black activists, led by Al Sharpton, for demonstrating at the Statue of Liberty in favor of renaming New York City after Martin Luther King. The newsletter suggests that “Welfaria,” “Zooville,” “Rapetown,” “Dirtburg,”and “Lazyopolis ” would be better alternatives—and says, “Next time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house.”

A May 1990 issue of the Ron Paul Political Report cites Jared Taylor, who six months later would go onto found the eugenicist and white supremacist periodical American Renaissance.

The January 1993 issue of the Survival Report worries about America’s “disappearing white majority.”

The July 1992 Ron Paul Political Report declares, “Jury verdicts, basketball games, and even music are enough to set off black rage, it seems,” and defends David Duke. The author of the newsletter—presumably Paul—writes, “My youngest son is starting his fourth year in medical school. He tells me there would be no way to persuade his fellow students of the case for economic liberty.”

The June 1990 issue of the Political Report says: “I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities.”

In the April 1993 Ron Paul Survival Report, the author—writing in the first person—states, “Whether [the 1993 World Trade Center bombing] was a setup by the Israeli Mossad, as a Jewish friend of mine suspects, or was truly a retaliation by the Islamic fundamentalists, matters little.” The newsletters also warns readers to “do your very best to keep your family away from inner cities. If you can’t, have a haven remote from the metropolitan areas.”

The point I am trying to get across is that Ron does not hide his opinion if it is unpopular. That is why I have no doubt that if what was written was what he thought he would not run from it. You think its the racist accusations that hold him back politically but its actually his refusal to support racist policies that hold him back. What Republican with a 40 year history doesnt have racist baggage? You could say that about a lot of Democrats too like Biden and Hillary. Both of which are far more recent. If he would have supported the war on drugs and foreign wars he would have been a Republican juggernaut. All those things Republicans like to say they are about. Ron Paul is all those things. He served his country in war. He is a great speaker and debater. He was very succesful as a doctor in private life. Ideology consistent over 30 years as maybe the strongest fiscal conservative. Strong Christian with no scandals of morality. Hannity literally told him he is the perfect candidate outside of being anti-war. So you want me to believe that this man who wouldnt compromise on these 2 issues no matter how unpopular it was at the time or what it cost him politically largely because of the damage it does it minorities is a secret racist?

It’s over."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Jaw (06-10-2019)