Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5352

Thread: Let's Talk About Media

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    For starters, these are allegations and if you think every allegation against powerful people is lock clad then that's your own prerogative.

I don't think trump is a gentleman but to risk what he has when he could just go down to the lobby and find plenty of women who would be willing to do any depraved act he wanted is a big stretch to me.
    lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    For starters, these are allegations and if you think every allegation against powerful people is lock clad then that's your own prerogative.

I don't think trump is a gentleman but to risk what he has when he could just go down to the lobby and find plenty of women who would be willing to do any depraved act he wanted is a big stretch to me.
    I think 1 or 2 allegations is worth looking into but not confirmation of anything. I think 30 is damning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Again, dude, it is not about sex. How do you not get that?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-01-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I think 1 or 2 allegations is worth looking into but not confirmation of anything. I think 30 is damning.
    there is truth to this but powerful people tend to have allegations come out of the woodwork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Again, dude, it is not about sex. How do you not get that?
    Domination is a sexual act for many.

Not my cup of tee but to act like that isn't a part of sex for some people is not living in reality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    there is truth to this but powerful people tend to have allegations come out of the woodwork.
    Agreed. 100%. But 30? With all the confirmed **** we know about him? He literally talks about committing sexual assault because he can get away with it. Everything about him screams rapist. He checks all the markers. This dude is guilty af, and he has never worried about losing anything because he believes he can get away with anything because of money. He literally asked one of his victims after she pushed him away, "How much," to let him continue. This is a man who wants to prove he can buy anything, and, if he can't, he can take it because it is his right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Domination is a sexual act for many.

Not my cup of tee but to act like that isn't a part of sex for some people is not living in reality.
    Rape is not about sex.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-01-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Agreed. 100%. But 30? With all the confirmed **** we know about him? He literally talks about committing sexual assault because he can get away with it. Everything about him screams rapist. He checks all the markers. This dude is guilty af, and he has never worried about losing anything because he believes he can get away with anything because of money. He literally asked one of his victims after she pushed him away, "How much," to let him continue. This is a man who wants to prove he can buy anything, and, if he can't, he can take it because it is his right.
    He said they let him do it.

That is not rape or assault.

Its not acts to condone but when you start throwing around the word rapist you better have iron clad proof.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts

Its not acts to condone but when you start throwing around the word rapist you better have iron clad proof.
    And they said they did not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

Carroll wrote that they had met by chance in the department store, where he recognized her as "that advice lady", and that Trump had asked her to advise him on a present for "a girl". Trump took her to the lingerie section, where no one was around. Trump asked her to try on a piece of lingerie and took her to a dressing room; there he pushed her against a wall, causing her to hit her head "quite badly"; then he allegedly forcibly kissed her. Carroll then said, "he ... pulls down my tights ... forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway—or completely, I'm not certain—inside me". After a struggle, she said she escaped from the dressing room and left the store. She said the incident lasted for no more than three minutes.

Carroll wrote that Bergdorf Goodman no longer had security tapes from that period and that she did not report the incident to the police, but that also she had told two friends of hers. One told Carroll she had been raped and to make a police report. The other told Carroll, "Tell no one. Forget it! He has 200 lawyers. He'll bury you." Carroll's friends confirmed those conversations to New York.

Trump has given multiple responses, including: "she's not my type" and also saying he never met her. However, in her story, Carroll had provided a photograph of her meeting Trump in 1987, along with Carroll's then-husband John Johnson and Trump's then-wife Ivana.

The two friends Carroll had confided in was revealed by the New York Times to be writer Lisa Birnbach and news anchor Carol Martin, when they and Carroll appeared on the podcast of the New York Times taped on June 26, 2019, which narrated the following events: Carroll had remained silent for so long because she partially blamed herself for the incident, though she eventually stopped blaming herself. Carroll refused to say she was "raped", instead choosing to describe it thus: "My word is fight. My word is not the victim word ... Something has not been done to me. I fought."
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (05-01-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And they said they did not.
    They deserve to be heard.

Doesn't make it the truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    They deserve to be heard.

Doesn't make it the truth.
    30 or so. All similar stories. Plus his own words that he could get away with assault and did. Hell, he bragged on Howard Stern about how he could go into the dressing room during the beauty pageants whenever he wanted. That, in and of itself, is a violation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    30 or so. All similar stories. Plus his own words that he could get away with assault and did. Hell, he bragged on Howard Stern about how he could go into the dressing room during the beauty pageants whenever he wanted. That, in and of itself, is a violation.
    No one is arguing trump is a gentlemen.

The idea is if he is a rapist which is one of the lowest forms of humans.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    for the amount of time talked about Epstien and his closeness to Clinton

it's weird how those same never talked about how trump was just as close

walsh said it right today: trump doesn't have the courage to go talk about allegations like Joe did today
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    No one is arguing trump is a gentlemen.

The idea is if he is a rapist which is one of the lowest forms of humans.
    Rape is falsely reported at the same rate as other felonies. 2%-8% Trump lies constantly about almost everything. It is something to watch. Even his supporters are like, "Yeah, he's a liar, but at least we know he's a liar." But you believe him over 30 or so other people?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Rape is falsely reported at the same rate as other felonies. 2%-8% Trump lies constantly about almost everything. It is something to watch. Even his supporters are like, "Yeah, he's a liar, but at least we know he's a liar." But you believe him over 30 or so other people?
    My belief and has been for a long time that the meaning of rape has changed forms quickly.

Call me a monster but sadly I've seen this up close with a friend that I know wouldn't do what was accused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    My belief and has been for a long time that the meaning of rape has changed forms quickly.

Call me a monster but sadly I've seen this up close with a friend that I know wouldn't do what was accused.
    False accusations happen, and they suck. I'm sorry if your friend was innocent. That is terrible. That is something that happens, but nowhere near as frequently as rape/sexual assault. There is a sexual assault ever minute and a half or so. Think about that. How many people accused of 1 have been innocent? A few. How many accused of 30 have been innocent? I can't think of any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    False accusations happen, and they suck. I'm sorry if your friend was innocent. That is terrible. That is something that happens, but nowhere near as frequently as rape/sexual assault. There is a sexual assault ever minute and a half or so. Think about that. How many people accused of 1 have been innocent? A few. How many accused of 30 have been innocent? I can't think of any.
    Your logic is sound. Can't argue that.

Maybe I just can't see why someone with so much to lose would do this when he has the pick of basically anyone he wants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts

Maybe if your friend had been raped instead of falsely accused you would be as sensitive and caring toward victims as you are toward the accused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Maybe if your friend had been raped instead of falsely accused you would be as sensitive and caring toward victims as you are toward the accused.
    I agree with this.