Page 175 of 268 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 5351

Thread: Let's Talk About Media

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    The other part is a "technical director" doesn't have much of a role to play in how the news is covered. His job is to sit in a dark room with a bunch of screens and controls, and make sure the right cameras are used and that the right chyrons come up. It's an important job in terms of production value but somewhat removed from making decisions on coverage.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-13-2021 at 06:06 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Of course you guys think this is nothing.

You agree with it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Fox News literally had a leaked memo to on air personalities to call the healthcare bill "government option" instead of "public option" because the bill was popular when called public option and is not popular when called government option.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-14-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Fox News literally had a leaked memo to on air personalities to call the healthcare bill "government option" instead of "public option" because the bill was popular when called public option and is not popular when called government option.
    Totally the same thing.

My bad.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Tucker Carlson spreading neo-Nazi rhetoric
    Go see for yourself
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    A few thoughts on the CNN thing:

1- Fox News is absolutely biased. That doesn't make CNN providing biased news coverage okay. Two wrongs do not make a right. So attack Fox News all you want, just don't buy into the idea that it somehow excuses CNN's behavior.

2- CNN is absolutely biased. It shouldn't take a secret video of a technical director to tell you that. All you have to do is watch CNN's coverage and read their articles and it's pretty patent. It's not even something they really try to hide anymore.

3- CNN has a business motive to be biased. It has long been obvious that people are more likely to watch news if there's a bias to it they agree with. So providing objective, fact based news will have you lose the cable news wars. Fox has staked out the conservative side and CNN has no chance there. The best option for CNN is to appeal to people on the left.

4- You can't immediately write off what this technical director was saying just because of the source. Project Veritas isn't the most reputable source but this does appear to be a CNN insider and his statements are alarming. If what he says is true then CNN has departed farther from legitimate journalism than even I suspected.

5- You can't immediately believe everything on that video either. Editing can be done to remove context. This guy thought he was on a date and so might have been exaggerating to make himself look better. Or this guy might have been just lying to try to get lucky.

6- I think CNN should meet this head on. They should hire an outside firm to launch a full scale investigation of their news reporting to address allegations of bias. They should be honest about the problem and get rid of anyone that is contributing to the decline of their journalistic integrity. I'd love to see CNN stake out a position as America's only legitimate news source. I don't think that ever happens as, as I said earlier, they have a business motivation to provide biased coverage.

7- I'm always looking for suggestions for unbiased news coverage. The best I've found currently is the BBC. However their coverage of the US isn't terribly in depth.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post

1- Fox News is absolutely biased. That doesn't make CNN providing biased news coverage okay. Two wrongs do not make a right. So attack Fox News all you want, just don't buy into the idea that it somehow excuses CNN's behavior.

2- CNN is absolutely biased. It shouldn't take a secret video of a technical director to tell you that. All you have to do is watch CNN's coverage and read their articles and it's pretty patent. It's not even something they really try to hide anymore.

3- CNN has a business motive to be biased. It has long been obvious that people are more likely to watch news if there's a bias to it they agree with. So providing objective, fact based news will have you lose the cable news wars. Fox has staked out the conservative side and CNN has no chance there. The best option for CNN is to appeal to people on the left.

4- You can't immediately write off what this technical director was saying just because of the source. Project Veritas isn't the most reputable source but this does appear to be a CNN insider and his statements are alarming. If what he says is true then CNN has departed farther from legitimate journalism than even I suspected.

5- You can't immediately believe everything on that video either. Editing can be done to remove context. This guy thought he was on a date and so might have been exaggerating to make himself look better. Or this guy might have been just lying to try to get lucky.

6- I think CNN should meet this head on. They should hire an outside firm to launch a full scale investigation of their news reporting to address allegations of bias. They should be honest about the problem and get rid of anyone that is contributing to the decline of their journalistic integrity. I'd love to see CNN stake out a position as America's only legitimate news source. I don't think that ever happens as, as I said earlier, they have a business motivation to provide biased coverage.

7- I'm always looking for suggestions for unbiased news coverage. The best I've found currently is the BBC. However their coverage of the US isn't terribly in depth.
    Cajun is incapable of not posting a whataboutism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Tucker Carlson spreading neo-Nazi rhetoric
    Go see for yourself
    This dog dont bark anymore

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-15-2021), Tapate50 (04-15-2021)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post

CNN is dead. Only chance they have is to go 100% to the left and attack MSNBC every chance they get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This dog dont bark anymore
    I’m just wondering if it’s the same type of neo-nazi stuff as the stage at CPAC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    A fun little thread on media reaction to Trump vs Biden decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan.

The useful idiots will claim something about fox.

Not realizing they are being lied to every single day like the pathetic sheep they are.

But hey... I challenge you read these and then... change nothing about how you digest media

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-15-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    The issue is that while there may be a librul bias in some media I think the problem is on steroids with Conservative media. So we find the claims of media bias to be disingenuous and politically motivated to try and shut up speech they dont like. Just a reminder, when the Obama admin feuded with Fox News it was those librul media that came to the defense of Fox News.
    Yes, we know. We realize that every time it's revealed that nearly every news source in the country is a Democrat propaganda outlet, you will stick your fingers in your ears and yell "Fox Fox Fox" continuously.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Bravo to the AP for reporting this. Let's hope they reflect on it instead of just averting their gaze, as we so many here do.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-...1eee11b5cb9d17

The study defines five core principles or beliefs that drive most journalists: keep watch on public officials and the powerful; amplify voices that often go unheard; society works better with information out in the open; the more facts people have the closer they will get to the truth; and it’s necessary to spotlight a community’s problems to solve them.

Yet the survey, which asked non-journalists a series of questions designed to measure support for each of those ideas, found unqualified majority support for only one of them. Two-thirds of those surveyed fully supported the fact-finding mission.

Half of the public embraced the principle that it’s important for the media to give a voice to the less powerful, according to the survey, and slightly less than half fully supported the roles of oversight and promoting transparency.

Less than a third of the respondents agreed completely with the idea that it’s important to aggressively point out problems. Only 11% of the public, most of them liberals, offered full support to all five ideas.

This was the only way I could get the image to show up

Last edited by Jaw; 04-15-2021 at 07:13 AM.
    Go get him!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (04-15-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I left out the best part of that AP story:

Believe it or not, most journalists are pretty sincere, said Rosenstiel, a former reporter for the Los Angeles Times and Newsweek.

“Regular people should note that when journalists say they are just doing their job, they actually mean that,” he said, “because they define their job a certain way. They’re not lying. They really don’t think of themselves as secret agents of the Democratic Party. They have these set of principles that they think they’re upholding.”

Hahahaha
    Go get him!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (04-15-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I left out the best part of that AP story:

Believe it or not, most journalists are pretty sincere, said Rosenstiel, a former reporter for the Los Angeles Times and Newsweek.

“Regular people should note that when journalists say they are just doing their job, they actually mean that,” he said, “because they define their job a certain way. They’re not lying. They really don’t think of themselves as secret agents of the Democratic Party. They have these set of principles that they think they’re upholding.”

Hahahaha
    Cats out of the bag on this one.

We have seen too many data dumps to know this is completely false.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    We really need to make a big lies thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Yes, we know. We realize that every time it's revealed that nearly every news source in the country is a Democrat propaganda outlet, you will stick your fingers in your ears and yell "Fox Fox Fox" continuously.

I hate to break it to you but the reason everyone else seems biased is because you are losing the culture war. What this really is is a roundabout attempt to censor media Republicans dont like. And to put it frankly, people want biased news. By truly being neutral you just guarantee both sides hate you and think your biased against them.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The bias is present in far more than social issues Cajun. But I agree with you that it's prevalent there.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Total coincidence that the video cropped to remove the gun from the image.

Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Go get him!