User Tag List

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1387

Thread: Let's Talk About Media

  1. #1
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,177
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 4,709 Times in 3,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Let's Talk About Media

    The mainstream media in this country is truly terrible, and I believe is being used as a total indoctrination tool to brainwash the masses. This goes both ways. fox is terrible too, but the media on the left is so overwhelmingly biased it's staggering... I came across this today and thought the need to post:

    CNN on HRC's health




    MTV host on how the country should be united following an expected HRC victory




    The independent claiming there is no way for the election to be rigged.... until Trump won






    CNN on hacking









    Salon doing a 180 on writing discourse




    Slate does a 180 on the electoral college after Trump wins





    Fashion writer doing a double standard on women's dresses





    Political manipulating language for same act with regards to Trump vs Oba




    Slate calls Trump a moderate Republican before pivoting to fascist




    HuffPost not sure its opinion on food snobbiness




    CNN likes paid family leave, until Trump includes the same benefit in his budget




    NBC printing plainly false info




    Can we all agree this bias is unacceptable?

    No? I figured not.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

    thethe (06-17-2017)

  3. #2
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,177
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 4,709 Times in 3,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, the left never ceases to amaze me with their quick trigger pull of "sexism"

  4. #3
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,795
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 330 Times in 241 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The mainstream media in this country is truly terrible, and I believe is being used as a total indoctrination tool to brainwash the masses. This goes both ways. fox is terrible too, but the media on the left is so overwhelmingly biased it's staggering... I came across this today and thought the need to post:

    CNN on HRC's health




    MTV host on how the country should be united following an expected HRC victory




    The independent claiming there is no way for the election to be rigged.... until Trump won






    CNN on hacking









    Salon doing a 180 on writing discourse




    Slate does a 180 on the electoral college after Trump wins





    Fashion writer doing a double standard on women's dresses





    Political manipulating language for same act with regards to Trump vs Oba




    Slate calls Trump a moderate Republican before pivoting to fascist




    HuffPost not sure its opinion on food snobbiness




    CNN likes paid family leave, until Trump includes the same benefit in his budget




    NBC printing plainly false info




    Can we all agree this bias is unacceptable?

    No? I figured not.
    The listener/reader is the one that is truly biased. Not the media itself. I say this as a trained journalist.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaBrave For This Useful Post:

    Runnin (06-16-2017)

  6. #4
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,177
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 4,709 Times in 3,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, I'd like to use this thread for all media bull****.

  7. #5
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34,636
    Thanks
    3,778
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is not a surprise. The foundations that this country was founded on are on a never ending attack by progressive liberalism. The deck is stacked. They are doubling down because they thought it would be a clean sweep in the future of governmental power.

  8. #6
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,177
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 4,709 Times in 3,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone see a difference?


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

    NinersSBChamps (06-24-2017)

  10. #7
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,177
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 4,709 Times in 3,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harvard study released showing the full extent of the media sentiment against Trump



    Compared to last three admins:




    Here's how it broke down by topic


  11. #8
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34,636
    Thanks
    3,778
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's a joke Sturg. For anyone to deny what is happening is just happy with what is happening.

  12. #9
    **NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 413 Times in 333 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    41% of the coverage on obama was negative? Wtf. Other than Fox News, it had to be 90% favorable.

  13. #10
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,795
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 330 Times in 241 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    It's a joke Sturg. For anyone to deny what is happening is just happy with what is happening.
    Again the networks playing to their audiences people just doing their jobs.

  14. #11
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34,636
    Thanks
    3,778
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    Again the networks playing to their audiences people just doing their jobs.
    I agree partially bit I also believe there is a greater agenda at play here. There are really powerful people driving all of this.

  15. #12
    **NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 413 Times in 333 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    Again the networks playing to their audiences people just doing their jobs.
    People don't like thier networks to lie and spill bull**** 24/7.

  16. #13
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,177
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 4,709 Times in 3,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    41% of the coverage on obama was negative? Wtf. Other than Fox News, it had to be 90% favorable.
    The media sells fear. It's almost always negative. The fact that Obama had more positive coverage than negative is striking

  17. #14
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,795
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 330 Times in 241 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Honestly...

    I am not sure where the gripe is here. The values this country was actually founded on are more in line with progressive values than conservative ones from my point of view.

  18. #15
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34,636
    Thanks
    3,778
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The media sells fear. It's almost always negative. The fact that Obama had more positive coverage than negative is striking
    Obama was the chosen one. He was the key to getting a high voting turnout. An intelligent black man who was a brilliant orator is the lefts wet dream as a front man for their movement.

  19. #16
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34,636
    Thanks
    3,778
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    I am not sure where the gripe is here. The values this country was actually founded on are more in line with progressive values than conservative ones from my point of view.
    Progressivism is a relative word. The scale has shifted too far to the left and it's never enough.

  20. #17
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,177
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 4,709 Times in 3,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    I am not sure where the gripe is here. The values this country was actually founded on are more in line with progressive values than conservative ones from my point of view.
    You're not sure of the gripe?

    The gripe is that the media is completely dishonest and untrustworthy

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

    BedellBrave (07-10-2017)

  22. #18
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34,636
    Thanks
    3,778
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You're not sure of the gripe?

    The gripe is that the media is completely dishonest and untrustworthy
    I think people are pretending that saying the media is fake is fake news.

  23. #19
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,177
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 4,709 Times in 3,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly... the most hateful people in this country are leftists. They are intolerant petulant thugs who have no personal accountability.

    I think the media drives them there. See above

  24. #20
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34,636
    Thanks
    3,778
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Honestly... the most hateful people in this country are leftists. They are intolerant petulant thugs who have no personal accountability.

    I think the media drives them there. See above
    Speaking of which:

    https://news.vice.com/story/extremis...about-the-left


    This is not a joke. This is a real problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •