Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/red-...oval-on-roster

I'll go back to panda. Red Sox GM has shown he'll deal impact prospects. Devers is coming soon. They have Dalbec (injured and struggled some) and Chavis who could be long term 3B and soon. I haven't seen them but we'd have to trust our scouts. Taking on 40 million in dead money would be a lot for us. But maybe we could use that to buy some guys. Maybe they would want some of our other players for a monster deal. Honestly I probably would not take on that money w/o getting Groome and the Sox will not go there. But I think this is the type of creative option we need to consider.

The Sox might actually sign Harper, Machado or Donaldson. So they might pay a premium to clear Panda and/or Hanley in the near future. The Braves don't have anyone realistic who is worth spending money on unless you like Moustakis, Frazier, Lucroy etc more than most.
    Sandovol is possibly the worst player in all of baseball, they could pay all the contract, i still wouldnt want him.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    There's probably no one out there willing to offer much being realistic but closer to the deadline.

So it goes, deadlines spur action.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Sandovol is possibly the worst player in all of baseball, they could pay all the contract, i still wouldnt want him.
    I'm not trying to get panda. I'm trying to buy talent