For the love of God, please play 3b for us this season haha
    I second this.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    When Freeman tears his ACL charging a slow roller every single member of the FO should be fired immediately and banned from the game.
    wait, great hitters shouldn't play 3B because they might tear and ACL? Or you saying FF is not a good athlete?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,699 Posts
    When Freeman tears his ACL charging a slow roller every single member of the FO should be fired immediately and banned from the game.
    When Eric young steps on his Achilles at 1b, they should be fired for not going forward with this GOAT idea

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Let's start taking predictions haha. Will Freeman be regular bad, Adonis bad, or Kemp bad at 3B?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,699 Posts
    Let's start taking predictions haha. Will Freeman be regular bad, Adonis bad, or Kemp bad at 3B?
    FF will make Adonis look like mike Schmidt

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    wait, great hitters shouldn't play 3B because they might tear and ACL? Or you saying FF is not a good athlete?
    No, I'm saying it's silly to risk moving the best 1B in the game to 3B in an attempt to keep Matt Adams in the lineup.

Taking a huge hit on defense at 3B to add a .775-.800 OPS bat at 1B is stupid enough. Risking the most valuable asset the Atlanta Braves control for such a moronic idea is just icing on the dumdum cake.

It was almost as dumb as moving Chipper to LF and starting his injury problems so Vinny Castilla could post terrible numbers at 3B...Wait a second, same FO, same stupid idea. Makes sense now!
    Last edited by Enscheff; 06-21-2017 at 01:37 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    FF will make Adonis look like mike Schmidt
    The most entertaining thing will be listening to the broadcast team and the pozzy-Barves try to spin how good he is doing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (06-28-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Kemp bad

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

Garmel (06-21-2017)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    How very anti-intellectual of you.

It's one thing to be willingly ignorant. It's quite another to be ignorant and then insist on arguing with someone who isn't.
    My point is that none of us know... even you. The game is played on the field. I love watching the games. I love cheering for the players. The statistics are a useful tool, but it is possible to become overdependent on them. I hope Adams proves you wrong. I don't know if he will, but it will be fun to find out.

It is cool that you have a hobby of analyzing data and trying to predict outcomes in baseball. I actually enjoy your analysis... right up to the point when you start name calling toward everyone who disagrees with you.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Can we all please just put enscheff on your ignore list so I don't even have to read his quoted posts? The guy isn't a Braves fan and is here merely to troll and get attention because he can't get it anywhere else.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orphan Black For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (06-22-2017), chopdrew (06-21-2017), IowaBrave14 (06-21-2017), Super (06-21-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    For reference, here are the highest HR/FB rates for all qualified hitters from 2010-now:

Name HR/FB
    Giancarlo Stanton 25.40%
    Chris Davis 25.00%
    Miguel Sano 24.00%
    George Springer 23.40%
    Pedro Alvarez 22.90%
    Khris Davis 22.70%
    Justin Bour 22.30%
    Steven Souza Jr. 21.30%
    Adam Dunn 21.10%
    Chris Carter 20.80%

That list consists of guys with 70+ raw power, and all of them have a lower rate than Adams.

Is it starting to sink in just how unsustainable Adams' current 27% HR/FB rate is? Or does the board braintrust now think Adams has more power than Stanton and Sano, the premier power hitters in the game today?

1. A player's rate over an eight year period is probably not the measure. Plenty of those guys have significantly exceeded their career rates over peak periods.

2. Adams rate in 2017 is 20% not 27%. If you find his time in Atlanta to be a significantly different set of data, then why you are arguing that he's going to regress to his career norm? I don't think you can have it both ways.

3. Last season, before losing 30 pounds with work in the weight room and before having better fitness, Adams had a 15% rate in 2016 playing part time, when he hit 16 HRs. He's increased that by 5% which is significant, but not insane.

4. Yes, he's probably going to regress to some degree. The question is whether better strength and fitness, a better lefty hitter's park, and certain playing time has allowed Adams to improve. Unfortunately, we know it is extremely unlikely he will continue to play every day for the remainder of the season.

My guess is that he finishes 2017 with somewhat better peripherals than 2016, but not like he is putting up now.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (06-21-2017), Managuarantano's Volunteers (06-21-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    No, I'm saying it's silly to risk moving the best 1B in the game to 3B in an attempt to keep Matt Adams in the lineup.

Taking a huge hit on defense at 3B to add a .775-.800 OPS bat at 1B is stupid enough. Risking the most valuable asset the Atlanta Braves control for such a moronic idea is just icing on the dumdum cake.

It was almost as dumb as moving Chipper to LF and starting his injury problems so Vinny Castilla could post terrible numbers at 3B...Wait a second, same FO, same stupid idea. Makes sense now!
    Hmm, I wonder why the Braves would have preferred playing Vinny Castilla over Chipper at 3B. What a mystery. Maybe there is something over at fangraphs that would help explain this.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Imagine we all live in a desert. It has rained for 3 straight days.

Board: we should invest in an umbrella store now that it rains all the time

Me: data from the last 100 years shows it will not likely rain enough to make an umbrella store profitable.

Board: I think the climate has suddenly changed in this area of the world

Board: I think couches are more comfortable than chairs

Board: can't we just open the store and sit back and see what happens?

Board: derp, blue door knob, derp.

Me: lol ok guys.

Baked later that year: it doesn't rain here enough to make profit selling umbrellas. It was chilly last night tho, so let's sell winter coats instead.

Me: wow guys.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 06-21-2017 at 02:13 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Enscheff/posts

I don't know what that is, but this enscheff seems more like a 26 year old gaming nerd rather than the macho man he desperately wants strangers on the internet to see him as.

I second the whole just ignore him thing. Only way to make a troll go away.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Enscheff/posts

I don't know what that is, but this enscheff seems more like a 26 year old gaming nerd rather than the macho man he desperately wants strangers on the internet to see him as.

I second the whole just ignore him thing. Only way to make a troll go away.
    Yes, I work in the gaming industry. It's a little pathetic you decided to Google my user name though. Wow lol.

What exactly do you think I've ever lied about? As usual, I'll offer a "leave the board bet" to someone trying to call me out. And as usual, you won't take me up on it.

Wouldn't it be easiest just to catch me in a lie and have me gone forever? It would only take one of you twits to accept...
    Last edited by Enscheff; 06-21-2017 at 02:23 PM.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Man this is exhausting...Every thread turns in to this

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Chico For This Useful Post:

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Ah yes, the BSOML talking point lol.

Bringing up Flowers show you have no idea what you're talking about. Flowers is running an unsustainable BABIP of .402 right now. His career mark is in the .330 range. So yes, Flowers current offensive output is also not likely to continue.

Flowers has, however, made real improvements in his BB and K rates over the last 2 years. He is a true talent .750-.800 OPS guy, not the .895 OPS he is currently posting.
    No. Not reading other people's statements and breaking off digestible pieces that fits your POV is you. Flowers was brought up because he has noticeably improved. Talking chop did a deep statistical dive on it. From his time at the White Sox he is a much better hitter. He's made changes. That is a possible thing. You speak like you know that Adams isn't better.

Best shape of my life is a fun meme for spring training. But it could be a reason Adams is better. I didn't say he was better because of that. Nor did I say he was better at all. I made the comment because of your amazing arrogance where you make definitive statements about most everything.

I wish we had posts from you in 2009 telling us how Bautista had to, just has to, go back to his negative WAR time in Pittsburgh.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    No. Not reading other people's statements and breaking off digestible pieces that fits your POV is you. Flowers was brought up because he has noticeably improved. Talking chop did a deep statistical dive on it. From his time at the White Sox he is a much better hitter. He's made changes. That is a possible thing. You speak like you know that Adams isn't better.

Best shape of my life is a fun meme for spring training. But it could be a reason Adams is better. I didn't say he was better because of that. Nor did I say he was better at all. I made the comment because of your amazing arrogance where you make definitive statements about most everything.

I wish we had posts from you in 2009 telling us how Bautista had to, just has to, go back to his negative WAR time in Pittsburgh.
    lol I literally said Flowers has made legit improvements. Adams hasn't. That's the difference.

Derp along tho bud.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post

When describing a change in Hr/FB% from 15% to 20%, you would think that increased strength/fitness, regular playing time, and a better park for left handed power hitters might account for some of it.

Or you could deny that out of hand and come up with a complicated straw man that uses climate change as a metaphor.

Not hard to guess which way Scheffy went with it.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Imagine we all live in a desert. It has rained for 3 straight days.

Board: we should invest in an umbrella store now that it rains all the time

Me: data from the last 100 years shows it will not likely rain enough to make an umbrella store profitable.

Board: I think the climate has suddenly changed in this area of the world

Board: I think couches are more comfortable than chairs

Board: can't we just open the store and sit back and see what happens?

Board: derp, blue door knob, derp.

Me: lol ok guys.

Baked later that year: it doesn't rain here enough to make profit selling umbrellas. It was chilly last night tho, so let's sell winter coats instead.

Me: wow guys.
    Board: I don't know if I should follow my Dad and be a cooper.
    Enscheff: My data says barrels have always been needed. The avg barrel per year is X and it will return to the mean.
    Board: I think there are more options for shipping...
    Enscheff: You are an idiot. Things always go back the way they were.

Board: Chris Johnson really has a high batting avg
    Enscheff: No he will regress to the mean. He'll suck.
    Board: That is not how stats work. He will go back toward his true talent level but there is nothing that says he'll go back this year.
    Enscheff: IT WILL HAPPEN. I SAY SO. You are all IDIOTS.