User Tag List

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1164

Thread: Fútbol Discusión

  1. #41
    Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,454
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 873 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ranking USA ahead of Mexico is a friggin joke.

  2. #42
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,026
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you been watching Mexico lately? In the GC they lost to Panama twice, barely beat Canada and Trinidad, didn't make it out of group in the confederations cup, and so far in WC qualifiers they are 1-0-5. Having scored 3 goals the whole tournament. Their lone win a 1-0 win on the road against jamaica, outside of the GC, Mexico has won 2 games all of 2013. In fact in the past calendar year Mexico's lone bright spot has been the Qualification groupstage. Starting with their August 15th loss at Azteca to the US they're 11-5-8 in that same period the US is 16-3-3

    Even if you remove the Confederations cup Mexico is 10-3-8. US has clearly been the better squad for the last year which is what weighs the heaviest for the FIFA rankings.

    It's not a joke, it's the facts.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  3. #43
    Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,454
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 873 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Have you been watching Mexico lately? In the GC they lost to Panama twice, barely beat Canada and Trinidad, didn't make it out of group in the confederations cup, and so far in WC qualifiers they are 1-0-5. Having scored 3 goals the whole tournament. Their lone win a 1-0 win on the road against jamaica, outside of the GC, Mexico has won 2 games all of 2013. In fact in the past calendar year Mexico's lone bright spot has been the Qualification groupstage. Starting with their August 15th loss at Azteca to the US they're 11-5-8 in that same period the US is 16-3-3

    Even if you remove the Confederations cup Mexico is 10-3-8. US has clearly been the better squad for the last year which is what weighs the heaviest for the FIFA rankings.

    It's not a joke, it's the facts.
    Counting the gold cup for anything is a joke. They had nobody there.

    There confederations cup matches were against Japan, Italy, and Brazil.

  4. #44
    Gwinnett Bound drewdat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    664
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 415 Times in 192 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Counting the gold cup for anything is a joke. They had nobody there.

    There confederations cup matches were against Japan, Italy, and Brazil.
    They've been dancing on the knife-edge of getting a coach fired for several months now. They should drop.

  5. #45
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,026
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Counting the gold cup for anything is a joke. They had nobody there.

    There confederations cup matches were against Japan, Italy, and Brazil.
    No one had anything going. Only "A" player was DOnovan who was out of favor and possibly out of shape. Maybe you should actually follow soccer a little befoer you act holier than thou attitude.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  6. #46
    Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,454
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 873 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    No one had anything going. Only "A" player was DOnovan who was out of favor and possibly out of shape. Maybe you should actually follow soccer a little befoer you act holier than thou attitude.
    Then why are you even bringing up the Gold Cup as an accomplishment? It's like saying the Braves are better than the Marlins because the Braves AAA team with Gattis on rehab assignment beat the Marlins AA team.

  7. #47
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,026
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can exclude the Gold cup if you want. US has still been better. First in Qualifications for WC, better friendly record, however you want to slice it they've been playing better soccer. Mexico was not able to beat Jamaica at home. If the US pulls a choke job like that then you have an excuse for putting them behind Mexico. But yo clearly haven't been watching the Mexican national team. In 2013, Mexico has scored 17 goals in 17 games, if you remove the GC they've scored 9 goals in 12 games. Same thing for the US overall 38 in 16 remove the GC 18 in 10

    Maybe you should stop posting to save yourself some embarrassment.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  8. #48
    Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,454
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 873 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    You can exclude the Gold cup if you want. US has still been better. First in Qualifications for WC, better friendly record, however you want to slice it they've been playing better soccer. Mexico was not able to beat Jamaica at home. If the US pulls a choke job like that then you have an excuse for putting them behind Mexico. But yo clearly haven't been watching the Mexican national team. In 2013, Mexico has scored 17 goals in 17 games, if you remove the GC they've scored 9 goals in 12 games. Same thing for the US overall 38 in 16 remove the GC 18 in 10

    Maybe you should stop posting to save yourself some embarrassment.
    Anyone that actually follows soccer that isn't a USA fanboy would rank Mexico over U.S. They are simply a better team. You want to know world cup odds to give you a better indicator?

    To win WOrld Cup:

    Mexico 40-1
    USA 80-1

    Now shut up forever. Enjoy watching Dempsey play in the MLS.

  9. #49
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,026
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Anyone that actually follows soccer that isn't a USA fanboy would rank Mexico over U.S. They are simply a better team. You want to know world cup odds to give you a better indicator?

    To win WOrld Cup:

    Mexico 40-1
    USA 80-1

    Now shut up forever. Enjoy watching Dempsey play in the MLS.
    Are you retarded? Seriously? I would feel bad for ostracizing you if you are.

    The US has a higher FIFA ranking cause they're playing better, it's not ****ing hard to understand if you have half a brain. Mexico has been playing like ****, US has been rocking. So the US climbs, Mexico falls. Pretty simple.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  10. #50
    Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,454
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 873 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does Vegas (who knows a **** ton more than you) have Mexico as twice as likely to win the world cup?

    They have a higher scored because of a competition no one gives a **** at.

    You got destroyed. Just STFU and drink your ****ty beer that you think you are good at.

  11. #51
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,026
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Why does Vegas (who knows a **** ton more than you) have Mexico as twice as likely to win the world cup?

    They have a higher scored because of a competition no one gives a **** at.

    You got destroyed. Just STFU and drink your ****ty beer that you think you are good at.
    Ok you are full blown.

    Why don't you just quit? I don't get it. Anyone else would realize they've been thoroughly smashed.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  12. #52
    Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,454
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 873 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Twice as likely. You are delutional.

    Zito- The thethe of U.S. soccer.

  13. #53
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,026
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're just straight embarrassing yourself.

    From they're morons to ranking US over Mexico, even though FIFA rankings have a clearly cut out system no matter how silly it may be, to ZOMG LOOK AT VEGAS!!!

    You do realize Vegas odds are posted on what people will bet, if US keeps rising and Mexico keeps sucking, then the US could pass Vegas odds there. Vegas odds have nothing to do with what will happen.

    Let's look at the Vegas odds for the Superbowl last year

    Packers 13/2
    Pats 8/1
    Niners 10/1
    Broncos 12/1
    Texans 12/1
    Eagles 14/1
    Ravens 16/1
    Bears 18/1
    Saints 18/1
    Giants 18/1
    Steelers 18/1
    Cowboys 20/1
    Lions 22/1
    Falcons 25/1
    Jets 25/1

    I was gonna stop at the Eagles, but I just wanted to show you that as of July 2012 Vegas had the same odds of the Jets making the Superbowl as the Falcons. Just goes to show you what Vegas means, aka nothing. Vegas is all about making money, remember peopel thought Mexico was gonna do something in the Confeds. They were hyped up. We'll see in a year (well less than a year but you know what I'm saying) if Mexico is still 20/1. If they keep not scoring, who knows. Hell right now Mexico is a trisk of not finishing top 2.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  14. #54
    Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,454
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 873 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Vegas did a pretty good job. They have more information/smarter than any one of us on the board. Please don't try to tell me the role of bookies in making lines, you are out of your realm.

    Carry on, you are a mix of Heyward and thethe

  15. #55
    It's OVER 5,000! yeezus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,108
    Thanks
    1,501
    Thanked 1,720 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    delutional.
    What is this new word?
    Why doe you get so personal, defensive, and upset in every argument you're in?

  16. #56
    Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,454
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 873 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    What is this new word?
    Why doe you get so personal, defensive, and upset in every argument you're in?
    How do my balls taste? You like having them in your mouth, it seems.

  17. #57
    It's OVER 5,000! yeezus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,108
    Thanks
    1,501
    Thanked 1,720 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    You're just straight embarrassing yourself.

    From they're morons to ranking US over Mexico, even though FIFA rankings have a clearly cut out system no matter how silly it may be, to ZOMG LOOK AT VEGAS!!!

    You do realize Vegas odds are posted on what people will bet, if US keeps rising and Mexico keeps sucking, then the US could pass Vegas odds there. Vegas odds have nothing to do with what will happen.

    Let's look at the Vegas odds for the Superbowl last year

    Packers 13/2
    Pats 8/1
    Niners 10/1
    Broncos 12/1
    Texans 12/1
    Eagles 14/1
    Ravens 16/1
    Bears 18/1
    Saints 18/1
    Giants 18/1
    Steelers 18/1
    Cowboys 20/1
    Lions 22/1
    Falcons 25/1
    Jets 25/1

    I was gonna stop at the Eagles, but I just wanted to show you that as of July 2012 Vegas had the same odds of the Jets making the Superbowl as the Falcons. Just goes to show you what Vegas means, aka nothing. Vegas is all about making money, remember peopel thought Mexico was gonna do something in the Confeds. They were hyped up. We'll see in a year (well less than a year but you know what I'm saying) if Mexico is still 20/1. If they keep not scoring, who knows. Hell right now Mexico is a trisk of not finishing top 2.
    So Vegas, with their wealth of knowledge, felt the Falcons and Jets were equals last year, and that the Lions were BETTER than the Falcons.
    They know SO much though, so they couldn't be completely wrong, right?

  18. #58
    It's OVER 5,000! yeezus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,108
    Thanks
    1,501
    Thanked 1,720 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    How do my balls taste? You like having them in your mouth, it seems.
    lol you are just a grumpy dude. apparently an angst-filled teenager.

  19. #59
    Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,454
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 873 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    lol you are just a grumpy dude. apparently an angst-filled teenager.
    OMG, Vegas didn't have every single team pegged, they don't know anything. Yet make billions on the lines they set.

    More like grumpy old dude. But, that ok. Keep following me around. You are very worried about what I think for some reason.

  20. #60
    It's OVER 5,000! yeezus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,108
    Thanks
    1,501
    Thanked 1,720 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    OMG, Vegas didn't have every single team pegged, they don't know anything. Yet make billions on the lines they set.

    More like grumpy old dude. But, that ok. Keep following me around. You are very worried about what I think for some reason.
    I read the soccer thread in full out of pure curiosity, and noticed that you were (yet again) acting childish and condescending in an argument. Everyone does it sometimes, but you can't seem to have a disagreement without acting like everyone that doesn't agree is an enormous fool. It's amusing and a little sad, honestly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •