Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Fútbol Discusión

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'm sad I missed the match

John Anthony Brooks has big swinging ones though. How many other central defenders would have kept on with that run. Also smart read by Bradley on that goal to realize he had a massive mismatch, Daley Blind isn't a poke, but he's not the fastest guy on the pitch. Yedlin can give him 2 yards and still blow past him.

Both teams got fortunate deflection goals.

Really excited for the 4-3-3. Gonna be really fun seeing how they get that in with the full squad. I don't think they'll run with it at the gold cup, as I dont 'think Dempsey slots well out wide, but I think long term with Green, Wood, Gyau, etc. they'll have the wide players. THe only question is who sits deep? Do you let Bradley do that? As he showed on the buildup to the last 2 goals, when he's forward he's the one you want making passes into the box. Lots of things to be excited about for the US lately.

Also really cool that only John Anthony Brooks was the only repeat goal scorer for the US. Really love Jurgen giving hard looks to kids like Zardes, Wood, Morris, etc.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Zardes' goal was very nice. Yedlin was awesome today. Bradley also set up the last two goals, as you said. He made several very nice passes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Yedlin could be a special player for the US. Hopefully Spurs help him develop. He could be better than someone like CHerundolo was for us. Would be nice to not have to worry about right back for a decade

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Forza Juve!

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I am in Berlin and was lucky enough to receive an extra ticket to the match. I don't really follow European footy but was immediately sucked into the insane atmosphere in the city the past few days. I rooted for Barca because I find Italians majorly obnoxious.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (06-06-2015)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I am in Berlin and was lucky enough to receive an extra ticket to the match. I don't really follow European footy but was immediately sucked into the insane atmosphere in the city the past few days. I rooted for Barca because I find Italians majorly obnoxious.
    I only liked for the last 5 words. Even worse than regular Italians are Italian sport fans. Their club fans are some of the most racist and vile. I think it's a big reason why Balotelli really wanted to come back to the premiership despite being Italian.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,030 Posts
    So Russia and Qatar could lose the cup now. I'm not a devout follower of FIFA goings-on, but I think it should have been a red flag to anyone with half a brain when Qatar, a downright **** hole, was picked. If you have to change the month of the tournament because it's too damn hot and people are gonna die building the infrastructure................welllllllllppppppp.. .......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    So Russia and Qatar could lose the cup now. I'm not a devout follower of FIFA goings-on, but I think it should have been a red flag to anyone with half a brain when Qatar, a downright **** hole, was picked. If you have to change the month of the tournament because it's too damn hot and people are gonna die building the infrastructure................welllllllllppppppp.. .......
    Russia probably keeps theirs. Qatar loses theirs. Russia will get pressured to bakc off Ukraine, and they will, they've lost every gambit in the Ukraine since taking Crimea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hello, what race are you if you don't mind? so that I can then generalize that your entire race is racist and bigoted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I only liked for the last 5 words. Even worse than regular Italians are Italian sport fans. Their club fans are some of the most racist and vile. I think it's a big reason why Balotelli really wanted to come back to the premiership despite being Italian.
    LOL at using Balotelli as the flag of your own racist bigotry against Italians. He was hated because he's an arse. Look at Paul Pogba, celebrated and loved. He will be missed. Balotelli is a sponge for controversy and hatred. No one likes him no matter where he goes.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    Hello, what race are you if you don't mind? so that I can then generalize that your entire race is racist and bigoted.
    Um, I never said Italians were 'racist and bigoted' ... I just said they were obnoxious. Which I'll happily stand by any day of the week.

Anyways, guessing that you are probably Italian American so failing to see why you would really give a ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    LOL at using Balotelli as the flag of your own racist bigotry against Italians. He was hated because he's an arse. Look at Paul Pogba, celebrated and loved. He will be missed. Balotelli is a sponge for controversy and hatred. No one likes him no matter where he goes.
    Italian isn't a race. It's a nationality

And sorry if the truth offends you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Bobby Wood with another winner.

Also I think Poloski will be seeing Brad Evans in his nightmares. Evans destroyed him today.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    BOBBY WOOD

What a productive trip. When Bradley is on, we are a very strong attacking team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    BOBBY WOOD

What a productive trip. When Bradley is on, we are a very strong attacking team.
    Bradley is the US's best outfield player. There's no competition. He needs to be on for the US to be at their best. His passes in nthe final third are exactly what the US needs.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts
    USWNT-Sweden should be a good time tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I expect USA to draw or come out on top.

As has been said, the only real threat to the US is Morgan being hurt, and they may have too much depth. When you look at their starters last time around, ignoring the almost certain start for Alex Morgan if she was healthy, they had coming off the bench Rodriguez, O'Hara, Brian, Heath, O'Reilly, and Rampone. Very real chance any of them could start on pretty much any other WC team. US will have to use their depth to their advantage. One advantage is less fear of suspension issues. Would be a debilitating loss for most teams if Rapinoe missed a game on suspension, for the US they have the depth to ease that blow where they can bring on Brian, O'Reilly, or Heath who should do more than a fine job. IIRC Heath was starting at the Olympics. She was just bumped because of Press.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Must be Spurs ultimate nightmare

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...r%2Carticle%5D

I do just wish De Gea would extend or leave and start the transfer season moving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Finally got to catch the first half of a US match.

Half time thoughts. Julie Johnston was clearly the best US player. Tobin Heath was clearly the worst. She hustled really well but she got beat off the ball too easily. And Solo needs to be more aggressive off her line. Nigeria clearly has a speed advantage vs the US defense. Aside from her shots. Rapinoe has been very unimpressive. She's missed a whole lot of runs, one had Holiday in acres of space but she wound up turning it over IIRC. Took a long time to finally break through.

And of course refs took 2 goals from the US. Blown offsides and a clear handball. Not ball to hand.