Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1266

Thread: Fútbol Discusión

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    In a dramatic and shocking turn of events, it looks like MLS is doing the right thing by selling the Crew and the rights to a local ownership group spearheaded by Browns owner and basically treating Austin FC as a new franchise. All records and players to stay in Columbus. Nothing fully officially finalized yet, but it's all but done assuming the Stadium deal gets done.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Crystal Palace with a stunner, proving that possession isn't always what matters. City dominated the possession game, 78/22 and outshot them by a ton, but shots on target were not far off and Palace threw way better shots on net.

City had a crushing sway of wonderstrke against them, and it looked like that was the difference before De Bruyne's wondergoal. Reality is Palace was better disciplined and it showed. City conceded one PK and could have conceded 2 more with a crueler ref.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    [MENTION=73]acesfull86[/MENTION]

Tyler Adams looks really good for RB Leipzig.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (02-03-2019)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    [MENTION=73]acesfull86[/MENTION]

Tyler Adams looks really good for RB Leipzig.
    Great player in a system that he’s familiar with and suits him perfectly....I’m hopeful for him because it seems like he’s set up well for success

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I cannot imagine being as gifted as Mbappe. The kid is just special. 20 years old and he's got 83 goals for club and 12 goals for his country. He's a truly great player and he's barely started playing. For as hype as I am about guys like Pulisic, Adams and McKennie, I can't imagine what France feels like about Mbappe, Dembele, Coman, and Martial. Their future offense is so good, they will be benching a player who's under 23 and playing for Barcelona, Bayern, or Manchester United.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    The City Tottenham match was insane. Game winning goal for Tottenham decided by VAR and game winning goal for City taken away via VAR. Miserable goalkeeping miserable defense. But an exciting scoring game. 2 goals each for Sterling and Son, fantastic game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    BTW I'm rooting for Liverpool or Tottenham to go the distance in the UCL. Actually nevermind. I hope anyone but Barca wins it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Premier league table is getting wild. Liverpool and City are obviously right at the top. City wins out or matches Liverpool's results they win the league. Liverpool needs city to drop any points and win, City draws 1 match they're maxed at 96 points while Liverpool wins the last 2 matches and they're at 97. City should win out though. They only have to win in Brighton and Hove and Burnley and beat Leicester at home. All incredibly winnable games.

With Tottenham dropping 3 points vs. the Hammers the spots for Europe are wide open.

Tottenham has the easy path, win out and they're the 3rd seed, unless Chelsea wins out and makes up the goal differential.

Chelsea has the second easiest path, Win out and they're at worst the 4th seed. Only 1 point clear of Arsenal and below them in goal differential. THey have little room for error.

Arsenal has the best shot to move from Europa to CHampions League. They have a great Goal Differential, they have a chance to pickup points as Chelsea visits Manchester which is 2 of their competitors.

Manchester United has a tough path. Beating Chelsea is first, even doing that though doesn't lock them into the top 4. That ties them with Chelsea on points but they're behind on differential. So they need to make up goals or get more points than Chelsea from the last 2 matches, and have Arsenal pick up a loss. It's a lot of things happening but it is possible. They have almost 0% shot of catching Tottenham as they're 6 points back with 3 games to go and Tottenham still has 2 games and a huge goal differential.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Holy **** Liverpool. Barca with the biggest choke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    And Tottenham ends Ajax's run in the 96th minute as Lucas Moura carried Tottenham with a hatrick in the second half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    BTW the last 15 minutes of the Ajax Tottenham game was the text book on how not to close out a game. Ajax had 2 chances where they won the ball sprung out in attack and then whiffed a shot on net instead of taking it to the corner and killing the clock. But maybe they didn't do that because the one time they took it into the corner Dusan Tadic rolled it out of bounds in like 15 seconds. So maybe they did it because of their own incompetence, but they also weren't direct in their counters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Two insane games.

If Chelsea and Arsenal go through tomorrow, Champions League and Europa League finals will be all English...if that happens can’t we just make these games a doubleheader at Wembley and can I get a free ticket for coming up with the idea?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Two insane games.

If Chelsea and Arsenal go through tomorrow, Champions League and Europa League finals will be all English...if that happens can’t we just make these games a doubleheader at Wembley and can I get a free ticket for coming up with the idea?
    For years I've been telling people the EPL is getting deeper every year.

It's insane. The last 4 years having all the top managers in the world migrate to the EPL.

At one point a few years ago we had Pep, Klopp, Wenger, Mourinho, Pochettino.

Even now, with Wenger and Mourinho gone you still had Emery who won at PSG, Benitez at Newcastle, Pelligrini at West Ham (who won a few titles at City before Pep).

This isn't to say PSG, Bayern, Barca and Madrid wouldn't do well in the EPL. It's just the depth of the EPL top down is much stronger than Liga, Ligue1, and the Bundesliga.

Liga is going to be won by Barca/Madrid or the off chance it's Atletico making a push.
    Forever Fredi

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    And now it is set.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    For years I've been telling people the EPL is getting deeper every year.

It's insane. The last 4 years having all the top managers in the world migrate to the EPL.

At one point a few years ago we had Pep, Klopp, Wenger, Mourinho, Pochettino.

Even now, with Wenger and Mourinho gone you still had Emery who won at PSG, Benitez at Newcastle, Pelligrini at West Ham (who won a few titles at City before Pep).

This isn't to say PSG, Bayern, Barca and Madrid wouldn't do well in the EPL. It's just the depth of the EPL top down is much stronger than Liga, Ligue1, and the Bundesliga.

Liga is going to be won by Barca/Madrid or the off chance it's Atletico making a push.
    It isn't the perfect marker out there, but transfermarkt values, the EPL as a league has 8.51B worth of "talent", La Liga 5.69, Serie A 4.89, Bundesliga 4.54, Ligue 1 3.43 B.

Now like you said, the top of La Liga (Real, Barca, and Atletico) are 3 of the best in the world, but the rest of the league is pretty mediocre. Again using transfermarkt, the most "valuable" teams are

1. Barca 1.18B
    2. City 1.14B
    3. Real 965M
    4. Atletico 955M
    5. Liverpool 950M
    6. PSG 927M
    7. Chelsea 885M
    8. Tottenham 835M
    9. Man U 796M
    10. Juve 782M

Of course there are all kinds of issues with the system because it is largely a popularity type of system. As I don't really believe that Saul Niguez would get as much money on the free market as Paul Pogba.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    ALso guess I sadly have to cast my vote finally into the EPL ring. As long as they don't do him dirty, I have to like Chelsea since they're getting American Messi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    So looking at teams and where they can improve.

Man City - Honestly they have no weakness. Maybe can look to improve on defense? They really don't have a true weakness. If they have a flaw it's that their heart and soul is Kompany who they have to figure out how to retire him.
    Liverpool - Literally stacked. Can spend some money to fill out some depth incase of injury but that's about it. They're so impressive, Salah, Firmino, and Mane are great. MF has tons of depth, they have talented players like Sturridge and Origi just chilling on the bench.
    Tottenham - Reckoning is coming. Tottenham is going to have offers coming in for stars. Eriksen by all reports is hot from Real Madrid, even if Zidane is supposedly not sold on him. The issue, can they replace Eriksen better than they did Bale?
    Chelsea - Losing Hazard by all reports and replacing him with Pulisic, they are currently on a transfer ban though appeals could solve that problem. If there is a transfer ban, I see no way to the top for Chelsea, Chelsea also has a reckoning coming with the rumored change of only allowing 10 players out on loan where they'd have to sell a lot of young talent. They do have talented players on loan who could bolster the squad like Batshuayi, Kenedy, and Zouma who can potentially fill out some depth needs.
    Arsenal - THey have some concern with age as some of their players are getting up there. They could probably use some defensive assistance, They're losing Ramsey. But I think one or 2 smart signings and Arsenal is back in Europe contention
    Manchester United - Having a true crisis of identity. Manchester has a lot of bloat. They're rumored to be offering to pay someone millions to take Alexis on loan. They're looking all around for talent. And people are looking at their players. Pogba is rumored to be on Real's radar if they don't get Eriksen, Pogba was the one who made Manchester United tick under OGS. I think the logical move for them is to go bonkers on a transfer offer for Sancho, sell Lukaku and make a move to try and find a stud CB. Or they need to spend more time developing Bailly and Lindelof. Smalling and Jones I think are toast as far as high level play goes. I think they're a good backup. But they're certainly missing a Vidic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Liverpool are the Champions of Europe. Klopp finally got his Champion League title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    1 Manchester City
    2 Tottenham
    3 Liverpool
    4 Chelsea
    5 Arsenal
    6 Everton
    7 Manchester United
    8 Leicester City
    9 Wolves
    10 Bournemouth
    11 West Ham
    12 Southampton
    13 Watford
    14 Burnley
    15 Aston Villa
    16 Crystal Palace
    17 Newcastle
    18 Norwich
    19 Sheffield United
    20 Brighton

It’s boring, but I think Man City wins yet again - too deep, too good. I like the summer Tottenham had, they made the run to the UCL final, and the stadium opening nonsense is behind them. Most have Liverpool in the top two, but I’ll try to be different. I like the depth of MC and Spurs better, and they have important players who more or less missed the preseason due to international duty in Africa or South America. I could see them having a slow start (now watch they hammer Norwich 5-0 later today).

Drop off after the top 3. Not sold on Chelsea after they lost arguably the best player in the league, but the team with Pulisic is my tiebreaker, so they get the nod over Arsenal. Everton over MU just because. I like Leicester, Bournemouth, and West Ham as over achievers this year and Palace and Newcastle as disapppintments. Villa survives, but the other two new clubs go back down and take Brighton with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    1. Liverpool - Only lost the league barely and will be more focused on the league after winning Europe.
    2. City - Rock solid team top to bottom. They don't have a weakness. If they have a weakness to Liverpool for me, it's that Klopp is superior as a manager. Second weakness I can see happening is losing their heart in Kompany.
    3. Manchester United - They had a few holes last year, Assuming they keep Pogba, they have talent and depth. Losing Lukaku is a big loss from a talent standpoint, but Rashford IMO is superior. But they made 2 big moves. Bringing in Wan-Bissaka to replace Valencia and bringing along Harry McGuire to solidify their CB position.
    4. TOttenham - To me they could climb all the way up to number 1, Ndombele looks like he could be a star, assuming they come out the other side with Eriksen still.
    5. Everton - I love the moves they made. Risky to put them this high, but it's great.
    6. Arsenal - I have no clue what to think of them. Pepe looks legit, I like a lot that they did, I'm just not sure if they climbed more or not.
    7. Chelsea - I hope they go much higher, but they sold a lot of deadweight. But they could finish top 4 if Pulisic takes the next step and some other people take a step or 2 up they'll be very good.
    8. Leicester - Best of the rest.

As far as the race to the bottom, I see 6 competing.
    Newcastle - They didn't look great last year, who knows if they'll be better this year.
    BHA - Survived the drop last year, didn't really add anything
    Burnley - Meh
    Sheffield - Should be right back down next year
    Norwich - Similar to Sheffield
    Villa - I think they have the best shot of staying up.