Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1266

Thread: Fútbol Discusión

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I like MC for the league and Liverpool for top 4 (contingent on Coutinho staying) in favor of Arsenal. Don't think the Toffees have the horses to go above 6.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    United;s biggest issue last year was health, and it could be this year too.

That being said, I think Man U have the best first XI in the premier league. I think adding Lukaku and Matic were both brilliant moves.

Matic will allow Pogba to play much more forward, and Lukaku put in Everton had 25 goals. Not gonna say he'll score a ton more with Manchester United as they have many more goal scoring threats, but if you plug in his 25 goals for Zlatan's 17, Manchester United's attack looks more deadly.

I think the area of concern with them is defense.

I would guess the top of the table would be.

1. Manchester City
    2. Tottenham
    3. Manchester United
    4. Liverpool
    5. Aresenal
    6. Chelsea
    7. Everton

Chelsea often has let down seasons after successful seasons. Losing Costa (eventually) and Matic and your hope to replace them is Morata who is extremely talented, but also is rumored to have some motivation issues.

But yeah there's 6 teams with a reasonable shot at the title depending on health and other factors. I would handicap Spurs, Chealea and Liverpool the most because I think they have the most depth issues more than the other 3.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Wenger has already said Europa isn't a priority.

I expect Arsenal to make an effort like Chelsea did last year. Chelsea didn't have to play any European futbol so they were fresh and it showed.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I hope City never win anything under Pep. He's spent the same amount in transfer money this window as PsG did for Neymar.

Man U I'd never root for anyways. But having Mourinho is a no go.

Im very happy with Arsenal's depth coming into this season. We still might add Mahrez or Lemar before the window ends.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    [QUOTE=acesfull86;420701]
    I hate to buy into the Tottenham will struggle at Wembley narrative, but that coupled with no real additions could cause them to slip. I'd like to see them win it, but I could easily see them fall out of the top 4.

QUOTE]

I don't think TOttenham will continue not to sign anyone. The money they got from Walker was just too much. I think they're looking for the right buy. They'll need to buy a fullback for depth purposes. Except that he got hurt, I"d have to wonder if they would have sniffed at bringing Yedlin back.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Looking at 538's predictions based on the SPI:

City 27% chance to win league, Chelsea 20%, Man Utd 18%, Spurs 13%, Arsenal 10%, Liverpool 8%, Everton 1%, everyone else under 1%...and after the top 7 every team in the league has a better chance of being relegated than qualifying for Champions League.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    My heart can't take this every game.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Normally I'd boo an international break, but US vs Costa Rica in a WCQ and it's at Red Bull Arena? Yes sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Finally deadline day. Bound to be some movers and shakers. Last night saw Tottenham and Liverpool spend a bit of money as Liverpool added Oxlade-Chamberlain and Spurs added Serge Aurier to replace Walker.

City is apparently hot to sign Sanchez and Arsenal are apparently scrambling to look for replacements in either Julian Draxler or Thomas Lemar.

Of course there's still the Coutinho saga and honestly whether it's to Arsenal or Barca it looks like Mahrez is on the way out of Leicester.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    PSG complete loan to purchase of Mbappe. Might as well not play Ligue 1. They're so far ahead of their competition. Especially after buying the best player from their biggest competitor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Arsenal keep Sanchez as their other moves all fell through. I read a report that it fell through cause Arsenal didn't have enough time or something like that. Arsenal were offered 60M pounds for sanchez and now look likely to lose him for nothing as come January other clubs can sign him to a pre-contract for the next season. Their only hope is that one of the clubs interested in him is in desperate need for him. Because he is gone next June.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I need to get to a game asap

Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Atlanta Orlando could be a great rivalry of 2 of the best new franchises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Atlanta has qualified for MLS Cup and LA was eliminated today.

Atlanta is within striking distance of NYCFC for a bye week too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    I hope they overtake NYCFC. Don't like RBNY's chances in a winner-take-all game in Atlanta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    I have never been nervous of the US qualifying for a World Cup. Looking at the history books 2002 was the last time the US has even had to worry about qualification in the last set of matches. NOw I think it's a virtual lock we make the playoffs as Honduras has to go to Costa Rica and then play Mexico, If they get 1 point from those matches I'll be shocked. But I don't want that match, You either get an in form Syria (in what will certainly be a match with some political motivation for the Syrian national team) or you get the always tough Australia. WInnable game but the US has lost or drawn winnable games this time in WCQ.

US beats Panama Honduras loses, they US is virtually locked into the playoffs, but you don't want that. They need to win out to ensure they make the World Cup or get some help from Costa Rica who will be travelling to Panama.

I don't like this. I hope I come out the other side of this weekend happy for the team, but I'm nervous. Especially considering that Arena made some really questionable roster choices in leaving very talented players like Timmy Chandler and Fabian Johnson off the team. In not giving picks to young stud of the future Cameron Carter-Vickers (who is not cap tied to the US and could choose to represent England still) or a talented youngster in Matt Miazga. For me it's hard to have faith in someone who picks Graham Zusi over Lichaj or Chandler or who picks Benny Feilhaber over Lee Nguyen (or Sacha Kljestan) or who picks DeMarcus Beasley or Chris WOndolowski at all. Now hopefully none of those guys see much of the pitch so it doesn't matter. But he still screwed up not bringing Fabian Johnson in. I don't really care if he wasn't working in your midfield setup. Put him at LB he's way better than VIllafana. He's 100% for ****ing sure better than 35 year old Demarcus Beasley. Also the idea that he keeps picking Nick Rimando just pisses me off. RImando is way over the hill. Using whoscored as a metric, in MLS this year Rimando ranked meh 6.71. Well behind Bill Hamid (6.89) behind Clint Irwin (6.81) just behind Sean Johnson (6.74). But the point isn't even that he's performing roughly on par with these guys, because he's 38 and they're all under 30 they'll have a chance of being somewhat acceptale next summer. But really they should be bringing along Ethan Horvath or William Yarbrough because they're far superior to any American MLS goalkeepr not named Howard or Guzan. Or if you bring an MLS keeper bring Steffan or Gonzalez who are young with potential. Not Rimando who's old and wasn't that good when he wasn't old. Rimando got his chance to have his USMNT moment a few years ago, now we're letting him play over better players and/or younger players who time aruond Howard and Guzan could be invaluable.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    If I wake up tomorrow and Arena has a job I'm done. He's a moron who doesn't deserve to be even associated with the MNT. HE got lucky in 02 and still manages the game like it's 2002. How the **** do you start Omar Gonzalez and leave Geoff Cameron on the bench. The other mistakes were dumb, that one though truly baffles me.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    If I wake up tomorrow and Arena has a job I'm done. He's a moron who doesn't deserve to be even associated with the MNT. HE got lucky in 02 and still manages the game like it's 2002. How the **** do you start Omar Gonzalez and leave Geoff Cameron on the bench. The other mistakes were dumb, that one though truly baffles me.
    Lets be honest here. I can’t blame Arena when he has literally no talent around. Other than Pulisic it’s pretty bad. Dempsey used to be good. He’s old now.
    Forever Fredi